Thread: Online/voting via internet in 2024

Online/voting via internet in 2024

In 2024, will we see Voting in national elections via internet or online voting ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope not. I'm all for technology, but nothing beats walking into a voting booth and pulling on that lever. Feels so good.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I hope not. I'm all for technology, but nothing beats walking into a voting booth and pulling on that lever. Feels so good.
    I say online voting for national elections should be top priority. It will be highly secured and secretive.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsback View Post
    I say online voting for national elections should be top priority. It will be highly secured and secretive.
    It will assure the right people are elected. Enough of this electoral college stupidity.

So how many computers are going to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Doesn't matter one bit, as long as Diebold counts the votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

SSN numbers will vote. Each American is identified by a SSN number. Just as we have an account with ronpaulforums, all Americans will open a account with an U.S government website (elections).

During election time, voters will login to their account and vote and the SSN number will be taken/marked. Elections will be over in 1 day (10 hours) and people will see the results at 9 P.M that day itself.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    It will assure the right people are elected. Enough of this electoral college stupidity.
    Oh it will have an algorithm to account for that. Just cut the total from urban demographics in half to make up for this difference.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SSN numbers will vote. Each American is identified by a SSN number. Just as we have an account with ronpaulforums, all Americans will open a account with an U.S government website (elections).

During election time, voters will login to their account and vote and the SSN number will be taken/marked. Elections will be over in 1 day (10 hours) and people will see the results at 9 P.M that day itself.
    So that just means, computers will soon have SSNs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Doh! Damn Slot Machines......

Computers ''...are people''

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Computers ''...are people''
    And they don't even have to vote to be counted as having voted.

And they don't even have to vote to be counted as having voted.
    Tjat's right, and until they can fix potholes, I'm not going to sit quietly as the votes are counted.

Another BAD idea.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Actually they already do. Every "device" has a unique "device Serial Number". With a lot of work this can be chased down and geographically located in real time. Through ISP records and Cell Phone 911 location pings updated every 5 minutes or so. The device information is now included.
    Last edited by ATruepatriot; 04-14-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Another BAD idea.
    I don't know man... If it was done "honestly"... which will not happen but it very well could work if done so. Register to vote, Receive a one time unique key code for a one time entry, Voting requires a demographic location and zip so that the electorates are linked and still represented as they should be. If you lose the key too bad, you didn't care then.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    I don't know man... If it was done "honestly"... which will not happen but it very well could work if done so. Register to vote, Receive a one time unique key code for a one time entry, Voting requires a demographic location and zip so that the electorates are linked and still represented as they should be. If you lose the key too bad, you didn't care then.
    The problem is that it opens up so many new possibilities for it to be done dishonestly.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Great, another government database that will be hacked with all our $#@! on it. Besides, having a database with all this information sounds like voter suppression. Cuz we can't even check peoples I.D.'s now.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 04-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

The problem is that it opens up so many new possibilities for it to be done dishonestly.
    and hacked by...(__________)

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I think it might be more secure than what we got now. If a website can lock out almost every bot this could too. The key would have to be handed out analog and not digital. We now have computing power to detect anomalies in a split second. Just a thought...

I think it might be more secure than what we got now. If a website can lock out almost every bot this could too. The key would have to be handed out analog and not digital. We now have computing power to detect anomalies in a split second. Just a thought...
    You are being focused on one particular class of attacks. The real problem is tallying the votes:

Trump tells Republican lawmakers to be more 'paranoid' about how votes are counted in 2020 - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ounted-in-2020

The electronic voting does little to address the issue while making the process completely opaque.

You are being focused on one particular class of attacks. The real problem is tallying the votes:

Trump tells Republican lawmakers to be more 'paranoid' about how votes are counted in 2020 - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ounted-in-2020

The electronic voting does little to address the issue while making the process completely opaque.
    I see what you are saying. But try to log in here with the wrong name and password with no capability of "forgot password?" one time key... one shot.

I see what you are saying. But try to log in here with the wrong name and password with no capability of "forgot password?" one time key... one shot.
    Your mistake this time is the assumption an attack will come from an outside source.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your mistake this time is the assumption an attack will come from an outside source.
    I get it... And that is back my initial premise of "honest". And as I said never going to happen. But it could if done right. Let's let the UN steward it.. lol