View Poll Results: Which option? or "other"

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Closed border, think Berlin Wall or DMZ, guns and mines unlimited deterrents

7 30.43%
  • Open borders, No limits at all totally open 24/7/365 to anyone.

5 21.74%
  • Status qou

1 4.35%
  • Reform, more visas like a C1G1-B for level 1 criminals and gangbangers

0 0%
  • Unlimited immigration, but with cheks for disease,criminal history,income verification

2 8.70%
  • Birthright citizenship, at least one parent must be a US citizen for child to be US Citizen

5 21.74%
  • Limited quota, checks for disease and criminal history.

3 13.04%
  • quota without checks lottery system

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration

Immigration

Just curious, where we stand.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should have been a multiple choice poll.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I voted!!

Thanks for poll
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I was looking for Other . I am thinking just closed until further are needed . Then quota and you can check for distemper , rabies & income lottery .
    Do something Danke

Can you choose more than one?

I thought nobody here was for open borders?

10 yr moratorium on all immigration, automatically renewed if at least 50M illegal alien invaders have not been deported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    10 yr moratorium on all immigration, automatically renewed if at least 50M illegal alien invaders have not been deported.
    We are going to need to see some ID from you to be sure you are not one of "them". We will have to check with your employer and may have to stop you at least a couple of times on your way to/ from work. Don't want to miss anybody. Papers please! You forgot them? We will have to detain you until you can produce valid copies. Especially if you want to get rid of 50 million out of the eleven million here.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-13-2019 at 05:17 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    We are going to need to see some ID from you to be sure you are not one of "them". We will have to check with your employer and may have to stop you at least a couple of times on your way to/ from work. Don't want to miss anybody. Papers please! You forgot them? We will have to detain you until you can produce valid copies. Especially if you want to get rid of 50 million out of the eleven million here.
    Start with the million Dream Students whose names and addresses are in Trump's top desk drawer. Then the Dream maids and groundskeepers at Trump golf resorts. That's 2M without shaking anybody down. The illegals are easy to find, if we ever get a law abiding president that wants to faithfully execute the office of President as they swore in the Oath Of Office.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

We already know who they are , where they live and how much welfare they collect.

Next......

What happens in Canada? I think you can pretty much go there but you cannot work without criteria. Granting people access to spend money is one thing. Allowing them to work in a booming economy is also okay. Taking jobs in a down economy is a concern. One day this economy will collapse. Jobs will soon be outsourced to AI/robots. Entitlements should be off the table for any new immigrants. They should have sponsors and or the means to support themselves.

Free entry to all;

Between the hours of 37am and 37:04am on the 5th tue of every 13th month of Dec.

I kind of like Trump's plan to send them straight to all the areas that *say* they are welcome.

Then we'll have a very clear comparison and contrast between what an open border society looks like and a closed one. The rest of the country can then point and laugh at places like San Francisco (more than now, even).
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

What about a competency system along with a legitimate need base for example a relative dies and leaves children with no one to care for them so you take on the complete burden to care and raise them.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I kind of like Trump's plan to send them straight to all the areas that *say* they are welcome.

Then we'll have a very clear comparison and contrast between what an open border society looks like and a closed one. The rest of the country can then point and laugh at places like San Francisco (more than now, even).
    I like this also. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nobody's_hero again.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

I like this idea.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought nobody here was for open borders?
    Probably about Half . The more optimistic and less realistic half are open borders
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Probably about Half . The more optimistic and less realistic half are open borders
    Yup. The smarter, more handsome half is for closed borders.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yup. The smarter, more handsome half is for closed borders.
    Exactly . Us .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I like this also. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nobody's_hero again.
    Covered.

Unlimited immigration but with one simple fix. You have to pay to come here and if you can't come up with the money treat it like a mortgage. If you make the cost of citizenship $50,000 and a make people $10000 for a green card you solve a lot problems about people being a drain on the system. If someone comes here and doesn't pay, I would make the penalty strict and put them in jail.

That fix would deter illegal immigration and wouldn't restrict anyone's rights. You can come here if you are serious about coming here.

Really I blame the the mundanes for consistently electing officials who are not capable of thinking of fresh ideas . For example , why do they get special treatment by being allowed to deport the less than desirable to us ? Why have we not been sending our rapists , murderers, food stamp rolls etc there ?
    Do something Danke

Should have been a multiple choice poll.
    One vote per person. LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    One vote per person. LOL
    But not all of those options are mutually exclusive.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But not all of those options are mutually exclusive.
    Alright, make a poll I'd like to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Free entry to all;

Between the hours of 37am and 37:04am on the 5th tue of every 13th month of Dec.
    LOL... clearly not enough options in this poll.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Unlimited immigration but with one simple fix. You have to pay to come here and if you can't come up with the money treat it like a mortgage. If you make the cost of citizenship $50,000 and a make people $10000 for a green card you solve a lot problems about people being a drain on the system. If someone comes here and doesn't pay, I would make the penalty strict and put them in jail.

That fix would deter illegal immigration and wouldn't restrict anyone's rights. You can come here if you are serious about coming here.
    This sounds very sensible and logical. It is almost like having standards set to get a job or to enter a particular college or field. I became a nurse at almost 50. Went to a tech school and got an LPN. I was going to go for RN but decided against it. When I went to LPN school I never opened a book and received high 90's in all classes. Some people in the group struggled/failed on every test. They curve the grades so those people can pass. RN college has limited space. The nearest community college only has like 118 students accepted. The sad thing is only 20% are accepted based on their grades. They let 80% into the program that are stupid on a lottery system, to make things fair. The argument with your idea will be that immigration should not only be for the rich.

Calculate the total number of people that can live in the USA. Put a cap on how many children any one person can have based on total US population. No more poor people with 12 children. Any person that has not met their lifetime allotment of children can choose, if they want, to petition and support an immigrant..

Nothing would change till 2020 almost certainly (status quo). But in terms of what should happen, probably somewhere in the middle of two extremes of Coulter school of thought and Adelson school of thought on this ( MH1BGA ).

There should have been a foreign policy dependency option also. These deliberations are sort of luxuries of current relative low warfare state in the otherwise perpetual war state that plays a significant role in demographic influx. God forbid if tomorrow MAGA's funding classes decided to start war with Iran or another major mideast war, won't be surprised if like Bush southern border is opened wide again and fast track options for people joining military from across the border.

Or we could go with the old Swiss model of immigration where the people in a particular town review a person's request to immigrate and decide whether or not they get to come and stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast