Thread: Medicare Women Have Higher Rates Of Post C-section Infections Than Private Insurance Patients

Medicare Women Have Higher Rates Of Post C-section Infections Than Private Insurance Patients

Medicare Women Have Higher Rates Of Post C-section Infections Than Private Insurance Patients

[QUOTE]Results:
    Of 291,757 cesarean deliveries included, 48% were covered by Medicaid. SSIs were detected following 1,055 deliveries covered by Medicaid (0.75%) and 955 deliveries covered by private insurance (0.63%) (unadjusted odds ratio, 1.2; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.1–1.3; P < .0001). The adjusted odds of SSI following cesarean deliveries covered by Medicaid was 1.4 (95% CI, 1.2–1.6; P < .0001) times the odds of those covered by private insurance.[/QUOTE]

The left will say that in order to make all outcomes equal, we need to make sure everybody is on Medicare.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The left will say that in order to make all outcomes equal, we need to make sure everybody is on Medicare.
    And I will say that there should be a stipulation requiring birth control (implant for women, vasectomy for men) if you are receiving govt assistance. 48% were on Medicaid? That's too damn many.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-12-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And I will say that there should be a stipulation requiring birth control (implant for women, vasectomy for men) if you are receiving govt assistance. 48% were on Medicaid? That's too damn many.
    48% of the women in the study were, not 48% in the general population.

I hope. If you subsidize it, you get more of it though....now I am afraid to look.

48% of the women in the study were, not 48% in the general population.

I hope. If you subsidize it, you get more of it though....now I am afraid to look.
    Wishful thinking.
    While previous research has estimated about 40 percent of the nearly 4 million annual births in the United States were paid for by Medicaid, the latest study by researchers at George Washington University and the March of Dimes looked at individual state data and estimated that in 2010 about 45 percent of births were covered by Medicaid.
    https://khn.org/news/nearly-half-of-...d-study-finds/

and that was 2010, I bet its higher now.

edit: 2017
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-born-medicaid
    n 24 of the nation’s 50 states at least half of the babies born during the latest year on record had their births paid for by Medicaid, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.

New Mexico led all states with 72 percent of the babies born there in 2015 having their births covered by Medicaid.
    Arkansas ranked second with 67 percent; Louisiana ranked third with 65 percent; and three states—Mississippi, Nevada and Wisconsin—tied for fourth place with 64 percent of babies born there covered by Medicaid.

New Hampshire earned the distinction of having the smallest percentage of babies born on Medicaid. In that state, Medicaid paid for the births of only 27 percent of the babies born in 2015.

Excuse me while I go throw up.

Excuse me while I go throw up.
    I'm with you. I had a hunch though. I recall when my wife was pregnant and she was hanging out on various mommy forums; she would get pissed because she kept reading about people saying things like, "My husband got laid off, so we are trying to have a baby now while its free." and other such crap.

I still think it reasonable to require a non-removable form of birth control if one is on govt assistance of any sort. If you are on govt assistance, you are in no position to be popping out new kids.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    If you are on govt assistance, you are in no position to be popping out new kids.
    Racist/sexist/misogynist....

You've gotts be some kind of "ist"!

Don'tcha know it's only because of the decline in births of the indigenous people that we neeeeeeeed immigrants to cover the SSI promises?