Thread: Oops. Fox News Accidentally Punks Trump

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oops. Fox News Accidentally Punks Trump

Trump was quick to post about it on twitter, but it was wrong. As of now, the tweet is still up.

Fox Business issues correction for botched Trump approval poll

The Fox Business Network issued an on-air correction Thursday after the network aired a poll graphic — later shared online by President Donald Trump — that incorrectly displayed the president's unfavorable rating as his job approval rating.

“It’s been a quite start to the day for President Trump, though he did send out a tweet this morning from the Lou Dobbs show last night on Fox Business," Washington correspondent Blake Burman said on behalf of Fox Business. "That tweet featured a poll that was not entirely accurate, which Fox Business would like to correct."

The Georgetown Politics poll, as featured on Fox Business network's "Lou Dobbs Tonight," showed a 58 percent approval rating for Trump's handling of the economy and a 55 percent overall approval rating for the president.

However, the 55 percent figure actually represents the number of respondents who said they hold unfavorable views of Trump. According to the survey, 41 percent have a favorable view of Trump. Of those polled, 52 percent disapprove of Trump's job as president, compared with the 43 percent who said they approve.

"According to a poll from Georgetown University, 58 percent of respondents approved of the president’s handling of the economy. That portion of the graphic was right," Burman said. "However, the graphic also showed that 55 percent of the respondents approve of the president, that number is not correct. The 55 percent number was those who have an unfavorable impression of President Trump.”

Fox News White House Correspondent Kevin Corke also issued a similar statement on Fox News.

Trump tweeted a screenshot of the incorrect infographic to his 59.6 million followers, adding "Great news! #MAGA." The president has not taken down his tweet.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump tweeted a screenshot of the incorrect infographic to his 59.6 million followers, adding "Great news! #MAGA." The president has not taken down his tweet.
    Take down his tweet? Are they kidding? Fox News gave him a freebie with that graphic. Why would he want to miss an opportunity like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Take down his tweet? Are they kidding? Fox News gave him a freebie with that graphic. Why would he want to miss an opportunity like that?
    He knows his base will not question it. Anything that makes Trump look good- truth or not- Trump likes it. Anything which does not make him look good is either "fake news" or "wasn't me, man!"
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-11-2019 at 01:26 PM.

He knows his base will not question it. Anything that makes Trump look good- truth or not- Trump likes it.
    The way Trump sees it, what makes him look good must necessarily be true. So something like that not being true isn't an issue. If the poll data didn't support what Fox Business put on that screen, then it was the poll that was wrong. The screen was right.

And I hope he gets asked about this publicly. Because mark my words, his response will be some variation of what I just said.

You must spread more rep around....

You must spread more rep around....
    I am curious. I know if a member like AF gives reputation it is powerful and means more than a nobody giving reputation. How does reputation from an all red member effect a person receiving it? Does it lower the recipients reputation or increase it?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I am curious. I know if a member like AF gives reputation it is powerful and means more than a nobody giving reputation. How does reputation from an all red member effect a person receiving it? Does it lower the recipients reputation or increase it?
    I think it has no effect.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think it has no effect.
    But a -rep from Zippy will turn you all red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    But a -rep from Zippy will turn you all red.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    When Zippy rps me I get a craft beer and hebrew national dog delivered to my doorstep .
    Do something Danke

Ya poll looks a little low , they probably polled 1k people in Georgetown and I am sure he would be over 60 on the economy , Dow is at 26K.
    Do something Danke

Trump's polling isn't good and not very promising for a re-election. A state newspaper in NC published by the John Locke Foundation contained a poll conducted recently and Trump was losing pretty badly to a Democrat in a 2020 campaign. That's a poll of right-leaning respondents!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Trump's polling isn't good and not very promising for a re-election. A state newspaper in NC published by the John Locke Foundation contained a poll conducted recently and Trump was losing pretty badly to a Democrat in a 2020 campaign. That's a poll of right-leaning respondents!
    That should even up once they pick the democrat . It will be another election decided by one percent .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That should even up once they pick the democrat . It will be another election decided by one percent .
    Maybe, but Trump needs to stop $#@!ting on his base pretty soon if that's the plan, otherwise it'll be another GHWB/Clinton/Perot election.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Maybe, but Trump needs to stop $#@!ting on his base pretty soon if that's the plan, otherwise it'll be another GHWB/Clinton/Perot election.
    Couple of possibilities. One, he wants to lose. https://theweek.com/speedreads/83347...ants-lose-2020

Two- he believes he can't lose no matter what he does or says.

And #3- (not an "or") - he only truely cares about what Trump thinks.

Couple of possibilities. One, he wants to lose. https://theweek.com/speedreads/83347...ants-lose-2020

Two- he believes he can't lose no matter what he does or says.

And #3- (not an "or") - he only truely cares about what Trump thinks.
    Or #4 - he knows he won't be around to see it. But that's rabbit hole stuff not for this thread.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's already on that.

Just today he threw a bone to his base by following their wishes for him to arrest Julian Assange.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    He's already on that.

Just today he threw a bone to his base by following their wishes for him to arrest Julian Assange.
    The only charge is from the british that I have seen while they claim it is for us , so I dunno .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Go on...
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Go on...
    Yeah crap, I wanna get in on that deal.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Or #5 he's not capable of losing because he's a winner
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Or #5 he's not capable of losing because he's a winner
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Fox News doesn't punk Trump. Trump punks Fox News.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge