Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange Arrested on U.S. Extradition Warrant, London Police Say

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Ilhan Omar?

This is so overdone.
    It's a disease that is spreading among leftists?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's a disease that is spreading among leftists?
    Seems so. So condescending. Do not even think to question anything I say.

Ecuador releases Photos of Two Dirty Dishes and Spotlessly Clean Bathroom -- Media Claims Julian Assange Had a 'Fetid Lair'
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-a-fetid-lair/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    Here's the latest tweet from 4/11 (latest at time of post)

No mention of Wikileaks or Assange below this tweet.

How about his website? https://www.paul.senate.gov/

As of the time of this writing, neither the word Wikileaks nor Assange appear.

Tulsi Gabbard has no problem addressing the issue. In fact, so far, she's the only member of the District of Criminals to do so. Another reason to support Tulsi 2020. She's a REAL Leader.

What does Rand Paul think of Julian Assange?
    Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) proposes the potential offering of immunity from prosecution for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in exchange for the latter’s testimony at a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing.

In a story reported first by Gateway Pundit, the constitutionally-minded senator suggested the compromise as a way of getting valuable information Assange might have without causing him greater harm.

“I think that he should be given immunity from prosecution in exchange for coming to the United States and testifying,” Senator Paul told the Gateway Pundit. “I think he’s been someone who has released a lot of information, and you can debate whether or not any of that has caused harm, but I think really he has information that is probably pertinent to the hacking of the Democratic emails that would be nice to hear.”

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-for-testimony

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Sarcasm?
    Yes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) proposes the potential offering of immunity from prosecution for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in exchange for the latter’s testimony at a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing.

In a story reported first by Gateway Pundit, the constitutionally-minded senator suggested the compromise as a way of getting valuable information Assange might have without causing him greater harm.

“I think that he should be given immunity from prosecution in exchange for coming to the United States and testifying,” Senator Paul told the Gateway Pundit. “I think he’s been someone who has released a lot of information, and you can debate whether or not any of that has caused harm, but I think really he has information that is probably pertinent to the hacking of the Democratic emails that would be nice to hear.”

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-for-testimony
    Jimmy Comey & CO was handing out immunity like candy on Halloween.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Hero whistleblower John Kiriakou: The Railroad That Awaits Julian Assange

The Justice Department said Thursday that it was charging Julian Assange with one felony count of conspiring to hack into a computer. In the greater scheme of things, that’s a nonsensical charge. There are probably 10,000 fat, lonely guys, living in their parents’ basements who the government could charge with that crime on any given day. …

No matter what happens, no matter what the charges, Julian cannot and will not get a fair trial in the Eastern District of Virginia. … known as the “Espionage Court” …
    No national security defendant has ever won a case there. Never. And Judge Leonie Brinkema reserves all national security cases for herself. She has Julian’s case, she judged my case, as well as the case of CIA whistleblower Jeffrey Sterling, and we know that she has also reserved what will be the Ed Snowden case for herself. …

I’ll tell you about what I went through in Judge Brinkema’s courtroom. None of it was good. And Julian should expect exactly the same. …

after blowing the whistle on the CIA’s torture program, I was charged with five felonies – three counts of espionage, one count … of making a false statement. Of course, I hadn’t committed espionage, nor had I made any false statement. … But those charges were used as leverage to eventually force me to take a plea. When I said that I wasn’t interested in a plea and that I wanted to go to trial, the prosecutors threatened to add a second false statements charge and a charge of obstruction of justice … as additional leverage. I told them to bring it on, but they never did add those charges.

The government will invoke something in Julian’s case called CIPA – the Classified Information Protection Act. … The first thing that’s done in a CIPA trial is that the courtroom is sealed. The only people allowed inside are the defendant and the defendant’s attorneys, the prosecutors, the bailiff, the clerk, and the judge. The jury also would be there in the event of a jury trial … The bailiff will lock the courtroom doors and put tape around them, and he’ll cover the windows with plastic or canvas, all so that nobody outside can hear anything.

If there’s a jury trial, the judge will insist that “classified” words or phrases not be uttered, but instead must be replaced by unclassified words. For example, “Did you hack into NSA’s computers and download documents from Operation Widget?” becomes “Did you hack into Castle’s computers and download documents from Operation Pilates?” … it’s very confusing for jurors, many of whom may conclude, “Wow, there are so many classified words that are being discussed! He must be guilty!” …

Julian’s attorneys also will make a number of motions … Judge Brinkema is unlikely to approve any of them. … in my case, my attorneys made 70 motions to declassify 70 separate classified documents necessary for my defense. We blocked off two full days for the hearings, as did the prosecutors. But when we got to the courtroom, Judge Brinkema began by saying, “I’m going to make this easy for everyone. I’m going to deny all 70 of these motions.” … So my attorneys had literally nothing to present in my defense. …

My attorneys objected and were overruled. The prosecution then asked for an in-camera conversation with the judge. That’s a private conversation between the judge and the prosecutors without my attorneys present. My attorneys objected ... The judge overruled them again and she went into chambers with prosecutors. As crazily unconstitutional as this may sound, it is permitted in a national security case. … when she came out, the judge … looked at me and said, “This case better not go to trial.” The hearing ended. …

As we walked out of the courtroom, I asked my attorneys, “What just happened in there?” “We just lost the case,” … “Now we take a plea.” A week later I changed my plea to “guilty.” The government had … an offer of … two-and-a-half. I would do 23 months. My attorneys thought that if I had gone to trial, I would have lost and I would have realistically gotten 12-18 years. …

At sentencing, the judge said that she was glad the case hadn’t gone to trial. She didn’t want “more classified information out there in the public domain.” But then she said, “I don’t like this deal. I don’t like it at all. If I could, Mr. Kiriakou, I would give you 10 years. But my hands are tied.” …

There no justice to be found at the Justice Department. There’s only punishment for unpopular opinions and actions.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-17-2019 at 07:31 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump was joking about loving WikiLeaks, Sarah Sanders says

President Donald Trump was just joking when commented during his campaign that he "loved" WikiLeaks, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Sunday.

"Look, clearly the president was making a joke during the 2016 campaign," Sanders told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace about Trump's past praise for WikiLeaks. "Certainly we take this serious."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...s-says-n994296

You're lying Sarah. So's he.
    https://biblehub.net/searchot.php?q=lying+spirit

Michele Bachmann praises Trump: Americans will 'never see a more godly, biblical president'

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said in a recent interview that she has “never seen a more biblical president” than President Trump.

During her interview with a conservative Christian radio program called “Understanding the Times” over the weekend, Bachmann said, “We could go on what the president has done with standing for righteousness in so many areas.”

“He has stood up where most Republicans wouldn't dare to stand up,” Bachmann went on to say of Trump. “Donald Trump has had the courage in the fortitude, and I will say to your listeners in my lifetime I have never seen a more biblical president than I have seen in Donald Trump.”

“He has so impressed me with what he's done, and we haven't even talked about Israel,” Bachmann said before adding that she sees Trump as “highly biblical.”

“And I would say to your listeners we will in all likelihood never see a more godly, biblical president again in our lifetimes so we need to be not only praying for him; we need to support him, in my opinion,” she added.

Bachmann has served as a member of Trump’s evangelical advisory board in the past. She also previously hailed Trump's presidential victory in 2016 as “proof positive of what the Lord did.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ver-see-a-more

https://twitter.com/DeepStateExpose/...16525335408642

Vote Trump 2020 or you're opposing God.

Last edited by goldenequity; 04-17-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Eh, be careful putting too much stock in memes like that. That was exactly the type of reverse psychology used to make people think Trump was on their side. See? The media hates me, therefore I must be your friend...

Not really a comment on Assange specifically, per se, just overall.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Exclamation Honest Government Ad | My Police State!

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Trump was joking about loving WikiLeaks, Sarah Sanders says

President Donald Trump was just joking when commented during his campaign that he "loved" WikiLeaks, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Sunday.

"Look, clearly the president was making a joke during the 2016 campaign," Sanders told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace about Trump's past praise for WikiLeaks. "Certainly we take this serious."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...s-says-n994296

You're lying Sarah. So's he.
    https://biblehub.net/searchot.php?q=lying+spirit

Michele Bachmann praises Trump: Americans will 'never see a more godly, biblical president'

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) said in a recent interview that she has “never seen a more biblical president” than President Trump.

During her interview with a conservative Christian radio program called “Understanding the Times” over the weekend, Bachmann said, “We could go on what the president has done with standing for righteousness in so many areas.”

“He has stood up where most Republicans wouldn't dare to stand up,” Bachmann went on to say of Trump. “Donald Trump has had the courage in the fortitude, and I will say to your listeners in my lifetime I have never seen a more biblical president than I have seen in Donald Trump.”

“He has so impressed me with what he's done, and we haven't even talked about Israel,” Bachmann said before adding that she sees Trump as “highly biblical.”

“And I would say to your listeners we will in all likelihood never see a more godly, biblical president again in our lifetimes so we need to be not only praying for him; we need to support him, in my opinion,” she added.

Bachmann has served as a member of Trump’s evangelical advisory board in the past. She also previously hailed Trump's presidential victory in 2016 as “proof positive of what the Lord did.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ver-see-a-more

https://twitter.com/DeepStateExpose/...16525335408642

Vote Trump 2020 or you're opposing God.

‘Not my Jesus’: Christian students protest Pence, alarming conservatives
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...t-pence-speech

Jake Morphonios
    Fortunately, some Christians realize that Pence's pro-Israel, Christian Zionism is not real Christianity and have walked out on his commencement addresses.
    Jesus was more into "love thy neighbor" stuff than "go kill your neighbor and steal his lands".

bout time. I was beginning to wonder.....
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-19-2019 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    I hope Trump remembers that this man actually helped get him elected.
    Wiki who?

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/18/mu...-arizona-hack/

Mueller report sheds new light on how the Russians hacked the DNC and the Clinton campaign

The Mueller report contains new information about how the Russian government hacked documents and emails from Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee .

At one point, the Russians used servers located in the U.S. to carry out the massive data exfiltration effort, the report confirms.

Much of the information was previously learned from the indictment of Viktor Borisovich Netyksho, the Russian officer in charge of Unit 26165. Netyksho is believed to be still at large in Russia.

But new details in the 488-page redacted report released by the Justice Department on Thursday offered new insight into how the GRU operatives hacked.

The operatives working for the Russian intelligence directorate, the GRU, sent dozens of targeted spearphishing emails in just five days to the work and personal accounts of Clinton Campaign employees and volunteers, as a way to break into the campaign’s computer systems.

The GRU hackers also gained access to the email account of John Podesta, Clinton’s campaign chairman, of which its contents were later published.

Using credentials they stole along the way, the hackers broke into the networks of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee days later. By stealing the login details of a system administrator who had “unrestricted access” to the network, the hackers broke into 29 computers in the ensuing weeks, and more than 30 computers on the DNC.

The operatives, known collectively as “Fancy Bear,” comprised several units tasked with specific operations. Mueller formally blamed Unit 26165, a division of the GRU specializing in targeting government and political organizations, for taking on the “primary responsibility for hacking the DCCC and DNC, as well as email accounts of individuals affiliated with the Clinton Campaign,” said the Mueller report.

The hackers used Mimikatz, a hacking tool used once an intruder is already in a target network, to collect credentials, and two other kinds of malware: X-Agent for taking screenshots and logging keystrokes, and X-Tunnel used to exfiltrate massive amounts of data from the network to servers controlled by the GRU. Mueller’s report found that Unit 26165 used several “middle servers” to act as a buffer between the hacked networks and the GRU’s main operations. Those servers, Mueller said, were hosted in Arizona — likely as a way to obfuscate where the attackers were located but also to avoid suspicion or detection.

In all, some 70 gigabytes of data were exfiltrated from Clinton’s campaign servers and some 300 gigabytes of data were obtained from the DNC’s network.

Meanwhile, another GRU hacking unit, Unit 74455, which helped disseminate and publish hacked and stolen documents, pushed the stolen data out through two fictitious personas. DCLeaks was a website that hosted the hacked material, while Guccifer 2.0 was a hacker-like figure who had a social presence and would engage with reporters.

Under pressure from the U.S. government, the two GRU-backed personas were shut down by the social media companies. Later, tens of thousands of hacked files were funneled to and distributed by WikiLeaks .

Mueller’s report also found a cause-and-effect between Trump’s remarks in July 2016 and subsequent cyberattacks.

I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” said then-candidate Trump at a press conference, referring to emails Clinton stored on a personal email server while she headed the State Department. Mueller’s report said within approximately five hours” of those remarks, GRU officers began targeting for the first time Clinton’s personal office.

More than a dozen staffers were targeted by Unit 26165, including a senior aide. “It is unclear how the GRU was able to identify these email accounts, which were not public,” said Mueller.

Mueller said the Trump campaign made efforts to “find the deleted Clinton emails.” Trump is said to have privately asked would-be national security advisor Michael Flynn, since convicted following inquiries by the Special Counsel’s office, to reach out to associates to obtain the emails. One of those associates was Peter Smith, who died by suicide in May 2017, who claimed to be in contact with Russian hackers — claims which Mueller said were not true.

Does that implicate the Trump campaign in an illegal act? Likely not.

“Under applicable law, publication of these types of materials would not be criminal unless the publisher also participated in the underlying hacking conspiracy,” according to Elie Honig, a CNN legal analyst. “The special counsel’s report did not find that any person associated with the Trump campaign illegally participated in the dissemination of the materials.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

One possible explanation for all of this ‘chatter’ is that Donald Trump is about to undertake a deep-sea expedition for something much larger than Julian Assange. Unless the Republican leader’s declared intention along the campaign trail to ‘drain the swamp’ was mere rhetorical bombast, then Assange may turn out to be Trump’s unlikely and unwitting ally in an operation of almost unfathomable depth and implications. More on that in a moment.

There is also the question of Russiagate. It goes without saying that Trump would covet an opportunity to settle scores with the Democratic Party over that witch hunt, which, in cahoots with the mainstream media, stalked the US leader and his administration for two painstaking years. And even now, after the release of the Mueller Report, the Democrats refuse to throw in the towel and are plotting to interrogate the interrogator himself, Robert Mueller. This is where Julian Assange might help halt the madness, although that is not to suggest, of course, that he is necessarily predisposed to such an opportunity. Yet he may find himself with no choice in the matter. Before continuing with that line of discussion, there are some rather strange things about the Assange case that need mentioning.

Just weeks after the final nail was hammered into the ‘Russiagate’ investigation, British police arrested Assange, who is wanted in the United States for his efforts to “break a password to a classified U.S. government computer,” according to the Justice Department indictment. That is a serious federal offense, and far worse than just publishing leaked materials. In other words, it appears Trump has the legal goods on the WikiLeaks leader.
    The weakness of the US charge against Assange is shocking. The allegation he tried (and failed?) to help crack a password during their world-famous reporting has been public for nearly a decade: it is the count Obama's DOJ refused to charge, saying it endangered journalism. https://t.co/xdTQ8xauB0
    — Edward Snowden (@Snowden) April 11, 2019
    Another thing worth mentioning about the Assange case is Donald Trump’s purported disinterest in WikiLeaks, as well as its famous founder. “I know nothing about Wikileaks. It’s not my thing,” the US leader told a huddle of reporters inside the Oval Office. On the question of Assange, Trump remarked, “I know nothing really about him,” saying that he would leave the matter to his freshly minted Attorney General, William Barr. Alleging that he has no interest in the work of Julian Assange sounds highly implausible since it was WikiLeaks that opened up the can of worms against not only Hillary Clinton, but the Democratic National Committee, which in turn led to the Russians and the two-year Mueller debacle. Thus, for Trump to display indifference to the Assange case looks like a straight-faced poker player keeping his cards close to his chest.
    Finally, the mainstream media, which disseminated the story that Assange worked with the Russians to exploit Hillary Clinton and the DNC’s computers, have naturally cheered his arrest. The Washington Post, for example, declared he was “no free-press hero,” while the Wall Street Journal called for “accountability,” saying, “His targets always seem to be democratic institutions or governments.” The 21st Century Wire, attempting to make sense of it all, asked in a headline, ‘Why has the Guardian declared war on Assange and WikiLeaks?’
    Trump, meanwhile, has been vilified as an anal-retentive Republican, hell-bent on keeping a deadbolt on America’s vault of dark secrets, who will extradite the journalist back to the US where he will pay the ultimate price. Who knows? There is even talk he’ll be whisked off to Guantanamo Bay.
    For those who accept that story at face value, I’d say you’ve been hoodwinked.
    Julian Assange’s arrest and possible extradition has practically nothing to do with Chelsea Manning and her infamous leaks. That’s because that leaked data has absolutely no bearing on the political realities of today. Ten years ago, they were a very big deal and worth pursuing; today they are ancient history. Unfortunate and tragic ancient history, to be sure, but ancient history nonetheless.
    If you want to get to the bottom of what is really happening with Julian Assange, your time would be far better spent thinking less about Chelsea Manning, and more about the late Seth Rich, who was murdered on the early morning of July 10, 2016 in Washington, DC.

For those who may have forgotten, and it seems that many have, Rich, 27, was the Director of Voter Expansion Data at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) at the time of his death. In other words, he would have been in the loop to view emails showing foul play inside of the DNC. What kind of foul play? Well, for starters, deliberate efforts to marginalize Bernie Sanders in favor of Hillary Clinton, who responded to the arrest of Julian Assange with her trademark cackle before remarking, “The bottom line is that he has to answer for what he has done, at least as it has been charged.” For Hillary Clinton that means wrecking her chances at the White House.
    Incidentally, it was at this time in history, in July 2016 during the release of the incriminating DNC emails, when the perennial bogeyman Russia was wheeled out as not only the source of the emails, but the kingmaker in the US election as well.
    At this point, it is important to emphasize that there is no proof to suggest that Rich had anything to with leaking the DNC emails to WikiLeaks. In fact, to merely suggest such a thing has been given the ‘conspiracy theory’ stamp of disapproval by the establishment. Yet that has not stopped the flow of mysteries. For example, Rod Wheeler, a private investigator hired by the Rich family to investigate the death of their son, said he had sources at the FBI who “absolutely” confirmed that there was evidence on Rich’s laptop that indicates he was communicating with WikiLeaks prior to his death. However, just days after divulging this explosive information, Wheeler backtracked on his statement, calling his on-air comments a “miscommunication.”
    For what it is worth, Snopes has called the claims that Rich leaked the emails as “false.”
    Yet, there remains the circumstantial evidence, namely Rich’s untimely death, as well as its uncanny timing. There also remains the question of his supervisory position inside of the DNC, and the assertion that the DNC emails were not discovered by hackers, but rather a leaker. In other words, an internal source at the DNC. Whether or not Mr. Rich was that source remains questionable, however, Julian Assange not only referred to Seth Rich during an interview, he offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of his killer or killers.
    “Whistle-blowers go to significant efforts to get us material and often very significant risks,” Assange said in an interview with a Dutch television station. “There’s a 27-year-old who works for the DNC, who was shot in the back, murdered, just two weeks ago, for unknown reasons as he was walking down the street in Washington.”
    When pressed for more information, he said, “I’m suggesting that our sources take risks and they become concerned to see things occurring like that.”
    On the basis of that comment, Assange could potentially be called to testify as a witness should the authorities decide to reopen the case of Seth Rich’s murder.
    This leads us to the million-dollar question: were the DNC computers hacked by the Russians or was the data leaked by an internal source at the organization and forwarded to WikiLeaks? The answer to that question would not only settle the ‘Russian meddling’ mystery once and for all, it would determine how the DNC/Clinton emails were compromised.
    #MuellerReport: What’s About To Unfold Is The Real Story | Read | https://t.co/vRkV2IbWti
    — Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) April 20, 2019
    Many people are of the opinion it was not the Russians.
    William Binney, a former National Security Agency official-turned-whistleblower and member of Veterans Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS), co-authored a report (entitled, “Why the DNC was not hacked by the Russians”) that says the WikiLeaks dump was the result of a leak by “a person with physical access to the DNC’s computer system.”

“The NSA had an opportunity to make it clear that there was irrefutable proof of Russian meddling, particularly with regard to the DNC hack, when it signed on to the January 2017 ‘Intelligence Community Assessment,’” Binney wrote.
    Instead, the NSA could only say it has “moderate confidence,” which means, in intelligence speak, “we have no hard evidence,” the pair concluded.
    Meanwhile, there remains the question as to how any conclusion could have been made when the DNC refused to hand over the compromised computer servers to the FBI.
    “We’d always prefer to have access hands-on ourselves if that’s possible,” former FBI head James Comey told lawmakers in October 2017. He added that he didn’t know why the DNC refused the FBI, which was forced to rely on data provided by CrowdStrike, a private security firm hired by the DNC.
    Following the release of the Mueller Report, which failed to find any proof that Trump colluded with the Russians, there remains a glaring yet unproven accusation that needs addressed: that is the allegation that the Russians somehow fixed the election in Trump’s favor.
    Although the mainstream media may be ignoring Binney’s findings, that doesn’t mean everyone is. In October 2017, Binney paid a visit to CIA headquarters, at the invitation of Donald Trump, where he met with then agency director Mike Pompeo, as cited by The Intercept.
    Any guesses whose name was brought up in the course of the meeting between Binney and Pompeo? Yes, that of Seth Rich. Again, whether or not that proves to be significant remains an open question.
    But make no mistake. Donald Trump would like nothing more than to remove the ugly footnote that the Democrats have tacked to his presidency that says the Russians “succeeded beyond their wildest dreams,” to quote former intelligence chief James Clapper, by stealing the White House from Hillary Clinton. In other words, Trump does not deserve to be president, the Democrats continue to chant mindlessly. And even after the Mueller Report talk of impeachment continues to hang in the air. The only way to confront the insanity is to have Mr. Assange testify in the United States, possibly as the result of a plea bargain, about his knowledge of Russiagate.
    In fact, such an arrangement had been made before. In January 2017, Assange’s lawyer Adam Waldman “negotiated with the Justice Department on a possible deal to get the WikiLeaks founder limited immunity and safe passage out of a London embassy to talk with U.S. officials,” according to a report by The Hill.
    In your opinion, is Assange a hero or a villain?
    — Bill Mitchell (@mitchellvii) April 11, 2019
    Among other things, Assange would have been expected to “provide technical information to the U.S. ruling out certain suspects in the release of hacked DNC emails key to the Russia case…”
    But the negotiations hit a snag and – according to a source cited by John Solomon of The Hill – James Comey told Assange’s lawyer to “stand down” on the offer.
    Now, considering that many of the ‘old Obama guard’ – like James Comey, the fired FBI director, and Department of Justice official Bruce Ohr – are no longer steering the investigation, there remains the possibility that the Trump administration will be willing to hear what WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has to say about the greatest witch hunt in the history of US politics. Assange’s testimony, should it happen, may even help solve the mystery of the Seth Rich murder.
    In other words, don’t believe that Russiagate has concluded. Indeed, it may have only just begun.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...e-once-and-all

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Unfortunately, this may further jeopardize MAGA's Nobel Peace Prize win chances.
    OK, Zippy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast