Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange Arrested on U.S. Extradition Warrant, London Police Say

Thumbs down Julian Assange Arrested on U.S. Extradition Warrant, London Police Say

Julian Assange Arrested on U.S. Extradition Warrant, London Police Say

LONDON — Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder who released reams of secret documents that embarrassed the United States government, was arrested by the British police on Thursday at the Ecuadorean Embassy in London, where he had lived since 2012, after Ecuador withdrew the asylum it had granted him.

The Metropolitan Police said that Mr. Assange had been detained partly in connection with an extradition warrant filed by the authorities in the United States, raising the possibility that Mr. Assange, 47, could be sent there for trial on charges related to the publication of the documents.

President Lenín Moreno of Ecuador said on Twitter
    that his country had decided to stop sheltering Mr. Assange after “his repeated violations to international conventions and daily-life protocols,” a decision that cleared the way for the British authorities to detain him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/w...r-embassy.html

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://archive.is/uXwC4

-----------

Blackmailers threaten release of Julian Assange’s embassy ‘sex secrets’

Blackmailers threatened to reveal sexual secrets of Julian Assange’s life inside the Ecuadorean embassy as part of a €3 million extortion attempt, it was claimed yesterday.

Security footage and audio from inside the Knightsbridge embassy had found its way into the hands of criminals, his Wikileaks group said.

Kristinn Hrafnsson, Wikileaks’s editor, described the information the blackmailers had obtained, which also included photographs and documents from Mr Assange’s lawyer, as a “massive trove”. He told of making contact with a blackmailer who identified himself as “PM”.

A source with knowledge of the case said: “This is how it was sold, that there was sensitive, possibly sexual, material.”

Mr Hrafnsson criticised the government of Ecuador for the breach of privacy, which included footage of Mr Assange with his lawyers and a doctor. He said: “Wikileaks uncovered an extensive spying operation against Julian Assange within the Ecuadorean embassy. It entails a total invasion of privacy of Mr Assange and what we have established is that security cameras were used to monitor his every move within the embassy.

“It can be said that since Lenin Moreno Globalist Lapdog [the president of Ecuador since May 2017] took power, Julian Assange has been living in a sort of Truman Show-like situation inside the embassy. It has been a total invasion of his privacy.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...rets-mrqlk8ls2

---------

@Reuters
    WikiLeaks: 'Ecuador has illegally terminated Assange's political asylum in violation of international law.'

https://twitter.com/RTUKnews/status/1116276959531667457

disgusting UK lemmings.

Former Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa

https://twitter.com/MashiRafael/stat...89091061075968

WikiLeaks‏@wikileaks · 2 min.
    Assange has been arrested in relation to a US extradition request for "conspiracy with Chelsea Manning" for publishing Iraq War Logs, Cablegate, Afghan War Logs, precisely the persecution for which he was granted asylum under the 1951 Refugee Convention in 2012. @unhumanrights

It's been stated that New York Times published exact same identical infos, but Trump admin argues that under US freedom of speech law they can't be prosecuted. But the they also argue that US freedom of speech isn't extended for those who aren't US citizens, so Assange is free to be prosecuted on this basis unlike the US based New York Times publishers.

https://twitter.com/johnpilger/statu...86034990387200
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-11-2019 at 06:50 AM.

I hope Trump remembers that this man actually helped get him elected.

https://twitter.com/AssangeMrs/statu...89498323668992

LIVE from Westminster Magistrates Court following Assange’s arrest

Russian Market‏@russian_market · 59 sek.
    UK PM May says welcomes news on arrest of Assange

She addressed the Commons just now and identical to what Hunt tweeted earlier and with a straight face she declared "no one is above the law". Right.
    Sounds exactly like shiit that comes out of global bots Heather Nauert and Nikki Haley.

Robert Mackey‏@RobertMackey · 2 min.
    Updated: British police confirm Assange has "been further arrested on behalf of the United States authorities... after his arrival at a central London police station. This is an extradition warrant."

https://theintercept.com/2019/04/11/...hdraws-asylum/

It'll be funny when Trump lets him go. He'll have willingly imprisoned himself for no reason for 7? years.

The chess pieces are moving. Mueller probe ends, no collusion, Barr reveals investigation into intelligence agencies spying on Trump campaign.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The timing of this is a little interesting. They finally arrest Assange almost immediately after the Mueller report exonerates Trump. Could Trump be planning to actually go after the Obama administration for spying on his campaign? Does Assange have potentially damaging testimony he could make?

The problem is, who is pulling the strings, Trump to strike a deal, or the FBI for preemptive self preservation? Don't be surprised if Assange commits "suicide" while under the careful watch of us authorities.
    Last edited by Grandmastersexsay; 04-11-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    I do too. I prayer for #FreeJulian.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

They are going to treat him like Socrates. This is why I wanted Rand Paul to win.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I do too. I prayer for #FreeJulian.
    I don't know if you frequented the Daily Paul or not, but for awhile there was a "I am Assange" movement. May have been over here too? But some one who claimed to actually be Assange dropped in for about three days and visited with a few of us by PM. The user knew things that I thought only Julian could know and was very sincere about protecting freedom. I still like to think that it may have actually been him.
    Last edited by ATruepatriot; 04-11-2019 at 07:40 AM.

I second this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It'll be funny when Trump lets him go. He'll have willingly imprisoned himself for no reason for 7? years.
    I wonder what the statute of limitations is for the crime he was charged with?

I'm not sure that Trump believes that. If he did, he certainly wouldn't admit it.

Also, Trump's own appointees are the ones who have relentlessly pursued Assange and ''determined' that he is not a journalist in order to unlock more powers that they could use against him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/u...wikileaks.html
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    The chess pieces are moving. Mueller probe ends, no collusion, Barr reveals investigation into intelligence agencies spying on Trump campaign.

This!

This is a great day and great news! The stage is being set! What greater witness to testify and bring down the DS? Hooray for Julian, a hero of our times!

Enjoy the show my friends! Hillary and the DS are in full blown PANIC!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    The timing of this is a little interesting. They finally arrest Assange almost immediately after the Mueller report exonerates Trump. Could Trump be planning to actually go after the Obama administration for spying on his campaign? Does Assange have potentially damaging testimony he could make?

The problem is, who is pulling the strings, Trump to strike a deal, or the FBI for preemptive self preservation? Don't be surprised if Assange commits "suicide" while under the careful watch of us authorities.
    The summary did not say trump was exonerated, in fact it says “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him". Of course we only have a 4 page summary of a multiple hundred page actual report that only a few know what it actually says.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

I don't know if you frequented the Daily Paul or not, but for awhile there was a "I am Assange" movement. May have been over here too? But some one who claimed to actually be Assange dropped in for about three days and visited with a few of us by PM. The user knew things that I thought only Julian could know and was very sincere about protecting freedom. I still like to think that it may have actually been him.
    That is pretty cool. I have no doubt he is sincere about protecting freedom and exposing the corruption. That is why the globalists / Swamp want him silenced. I hope President Trump realizes that too.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    The summary did not say trump was exonerated, in fact it says “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him". Of course we only have a 4 page summary of a multiple hundred page actual report that only a few know what it actually says.
    Sounds like a nothingburger to me. That sentence just means that the report doesn't know what it doesn't know. They would of had all of the dirt to arrest Trump during the Obama administration if there was any. With the spies they had embedded in Trump's campaign and all of the electronic surveillance they would at the very least have evidence that they would not want to show us because it would expose their capability and capacity. They would probably even be able to come up with another way to prove it without exposing their methods.

The user knew things that I thought only Julian could know and was very sincere about protecting freedom.
    If they were things that only Julian could know; how would you know about them to know that he wasn't just blowing smoke up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I'm not sure that Trump believes that. If he did, he certainly wouldn't admit it.

Also, Trump's own appointees are the ones who have relentlessly pursued Assange and ''determined' that he is not a journalist in order to unlock more powers that they could use against him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/u...wikileaks.html
    Some of those characters who were bending his ear when he first got in are now gone. I'm hoping he has looked at the situation again with his own eyes.

If they were things that only Julian could know; how would you know about them to know that he wasn't just blowing smoke up your ass?
    Because he mentioned things that were to come out that were not known at the time. When they did come out exactly as he presented them to us is when I made the connection that it may have truly been him. Until then I was sure it was someone just screwing with us. It was one of those "well I'll be damned" moments.
    Last edited by ATruepatriot; 04-11-2019 at 08:38 AM.

[QUOTE-TheCount]I'm not sure that Trump believes that. If he did, he certainly wouldn't admit it.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure I heard Trump say something good about Assange. I would think that he may not bring him up too much to protect him maybe. Dems have way more of an axe to grind with Assange than Trump.

Historically, I'm pretty sure you have to have at least been charged, if not convicted of a crime in order to receive a presidential pardon. I know some have discussed in the past the ability to do a pardon preemptively, but I don't think that would hold up. just saying....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    [QUOTE-TheCount]I'm not sure that Trump believes that. If he did, he certainly wouldn't admit it.
    I am pretty sure I heard Trump say something good about Assange. I would think that he may not bring him up too much to protect him maybe. Dems have way more of an axe to grind with Assange than Trump.[/QUOTE]

When Trump first got in there were a whole bunch of Swamp creatures bending his ear.

Historically, I'm pretty sure you have to have at least been charged, if not convicted of a crime in order to receive a presidential pardon. I know some have discussed in the past the ability to do a pardon preemptively, but I don't think that would hold up. just saying....
    And if he hasn't, I wonder if the statute of limitations is up?

And if he hasn't, I wonder if the statute of limitations is up?
    what are even the charges?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    It's been stated that New York Times published exact same identical infos, but Trump admin argues that under US freedom of speech law they can't be prosecuted. But the they also argue that US freedom of speech isn't extended for those who aren't US citizens, so Assange is free to be prosecuted on this basis unlike the US based New York Times publishers.
    The New York Times is mostly illegal aliens, they're not US Citizens.

The NYT would be out of business if President Trump did his job of enforcing immigration law, and deported them.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 04-11-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Exactly, I would be curious of the details because so far it looks like "suspicion of". Is Assange the exact person who hit the button and released the documents? Or just the one being held responsible for it? There are a whole lot of variables here.

A source directly familiar with the situation told NBC News Thursday that the U.S. is making plans to seek extradition of Julian Assange from the U.K. in connection with sealed federal charges filed in the Eastern District of Virginia.

Following the arrest, the U.S. charged Assange with conspiracy to commit computer hacking.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/11/wiki...olice-say.html

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast