Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange Arrested on U.S. Extradition Warrant, London Police Say

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The man hasn't gone after the people that committed real crimes to supposedly undermine him instead he has forgiven then and in some cases welcomed them into his admin. Something is really off about the man
    He deserves to lose the election.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    What charges?
    Conspiracy to:

30-40 year slam dunk sentence- forget about him.

Then an inmate murders him.

Or he's dungeoned to obscurity in Leavenworth.

Or they send him to Mogadishu... Maybe Uzbekistan.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Conspiracy to:

30-40 year slam dunk sentence- forget about him.

Then an inmate murders him.

Or he's dungeoned to obscurity in Leavenworth.

Or they send him to Mogadishu... Maybe Uzbekistan.
    That is exactly what is going to happen to him.

Manny Noriega's old jail cell is waiting.

They will throw the book at him, bundle him off to some political prison somewhere, lock him down with no contact until he dies.

Other than that, nobody is going to jail.

I was right about Jussie Smollett, I was right, eventually, about the bump stock ban and I'm right about this.

I'm willing to bet on it.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

hxxps://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/criminal-ccips/legacy/2015/01/14/ccmanual.pdf

Hopefully a Juror or two is familiar with the case and hangs the jury.

Though they just might tribunal him.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-11-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

All this time, it was Assange who was working with Russia to meddle in our elections!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Epic segment at a much-needed time.*

*but "muh weed", so, boooooo! Tucker you suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    All this time, it was Assange who was working with Russia to meddle in our elections!
    Yeah that's what the Rachel Maddow reported so it must be true

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Epic segment at a much-needed time.*

*but "muh weed", so, boooooo! Tucker you suck.
    Watch the whole thing and you get a deeper impression.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Watch the whole thing and you get a deeper impression.
    He pretty much said what I've been saying. Assange's only "crime" was to embarrass politicians.
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I think Trump is playing 4d chess here. I think Trump is basically putting on a show for the media, but the whole point of extraditing Assange is to get him safely to the US so he can pardon him and give him asylum here in the US.

When he pardons Assange he'll earn big points with his base and make the media again look foolish.

The media will latch on to it hard, and say that Trump, Assange, and Russia are all in cahoots! It'll keep that bogus talking point going all the way through to the 2020 elections which will only drive people away from liberals and result in landslide Republican wins across the country!

@dannno thoughts ?
    Last edited by TheTexan; 04-12-2019 at 12:57 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I think Trump is playing 4d chess here. I think Trump is basically putting on a show for the media, but the whole point of extraditing Assange is to get him safely to the US so he can pardon him and give him asylum here in the US.

When he pardons Assange he'll earn big points with his base and make the media again look foolish.

The media will latch on to it hard, and say that Trump, Assange, and Russia are all in cahoots! It'll keep that bogus talking point going all the way through to the 2020 elections which will only drive people away from liberals and result in landslide Republican wins across the country!

@dannno thoughts ?
    I think we are hoping for Assange to be able to testify against the deep state as well.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/sta...75773840322560

Punch & Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Even if he does have a choice, he will choose self-serving corruption free from all ethical constraints. That's his nature, demonstrated over his entire life.
    Really? How do you know this? Have you personally done business with him? Have you read the contracts he signs ? I think he is trying to chose righteousness. I can't imagine the kind of pressure he must be under. I look at his enemies and see that he has to be doing something right.He has to deal with the most corrupt and powerful people in the world you know, the ones who bought us to where we are today. Who also btw have been serving themselves.
    I think if Clinton had won she would have deemed anyone who did not vote for her and her policies enemies of the state and half of us would be being rounded up for firing squads.

Hillary Clinton reacts to the arrest of Julian Assange

There's no way Trump is going to pardon Assange after just being cleared of collusion. The narrative from the MSM is that WikiLeaks and Assange are Russian assets. Pardoning Assange would have all the Democrats claiming they've been vindicated and that the Mueller investigation was incomplete and there should be a new investigation into Trump's connections with WikiLeaks. It would also make it much harder to pardon Roger Stone.

This is a straight-up betrayal by Trump and anyone hoping for a happy ending where he turns the tables will be disappointed.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    There's no way Trump is going to pardon Assange after just being cleared of collusion. The narrative from the MSM is that WikiLeaks and Assange are Russian assets. Pardoning Assange would have all the Democrats claiming they've been vindicated and that the Mueller investigation was incomplete and there should be a new investigation into Trump's connections with WikiLeaks. It would also make it much harder to pardon Roger Stone.

This is a straight-up betrayal by Trump and anyone hoping for a happy ending where he turns the tables will be disappointed.
    What if Assange successfully fights extradition?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What if Assange successfully fights extradition?
    No way does the UK court system allow that. The UK is on the same awful path the US is, only miles further down the road.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Probably had nothing to do with Wikileaks putting out personal photos and information on Ecuador's leader. Demand free food, room and board, and internet and then go after your host who is paying for all of that.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/05/ecua...s-founder.html
    Would this bother you if you were the host? If so how can you justify all the immigrants pouring into our country for endless entitlements?

In court the discovery will be interesting...i wonder what info will be made public

This is kind of interesting: On NPR yesterday morning, a couple of NRP boot-licker reporters and Glenn Greenwald were interviewed. The host introduced Greenwald as a "colleague" of Assange's, which Greenwald icily disputed right away. Greenwald went on to outline how this was a clamp down on journalism that exposes .gov shenanigans, while the NPR reporters dutifully reported on Assange's criminal allegations and long bear.

Here's the article: https://www.npr.org/2019/04/11/71217...ssy-evicts-him

Note that while the audio has Greenwald's interview, the transcript has cut his part out entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    Love it. If the government has nothing to hide, if it is doing nothing wrong, it has nothing to fear from Wikileaks.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

MAGA had started turning the tables on Deep State even before release of Mueller Report/ Assange arrest?

Trump: Russia would've preferred Hillary Clinton as president

By MATTHEW CHOI
    03/27/2019
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...erview-1241242

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post

Here's the article: https://www.npr.org/2019/04/11/71217...ssy-evicts-him

Note that while the audio has Greenwald's interview, the transcript has cut his part out entirely.

NPR often has fine programming loaded with left-wing neocons nuances cleverly wrapped as 'objective journalism'. For decades these nincampoops (sic) ran a show on mideast wars, Israel-Palestine , Gaza wars etc without disclosing to the audiences that the host's (David Brooks) son was fighting for Israeli military while he was covering those wars.

On a side note, perhaps MAGA should start disclosing when appointing ZOA awarded neocons like Bolton as NSA that his top funder neocon Adelson held fund raiser for Israel military while never holding a fund raiser for US military veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Really? How do you know this?
    He's a very famous person whose life and dealings are well-known matters of record. He's even written a well-known book about the art of manipulating people through dishonesty.

Tell me, if I had made that same remark about Hillary, would you object the same way?
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 04-12-2019 at 07:24 AM.

@dannno thoughts ?
    This is not satircal enough.

You actually come across as less of a mindless shill here than several of the Trumpists who have already piped up in this thread.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Take a breath. Specs is reading the allegations in the indictment and providing that information here. Even if the evidence is fabricated, the government will show you what they have at trial.
    No, the indictment does not allege any hacking. The indictment does not even use the word or mention hacking in the indictment.

Even if everything in the indictment is proven, what does it actually allege? It alleges Manning gave Assange an encrypted password to decrypt that Assange did not decrypt.

And it alleges this occurred after Manning already provided all of the documents he had to WikiLeaks.

And it alleges the purpose of the request for decrypting the password was not to hack or obtain information (Manning already had the documents and already gave them to WikiLeaks), but rather so it would be harder to pinpoint Manning as the source.

Further the indictment alleges no activities whatsoever by Assange on US soil or within any US jurisdiction. It never alleges any of his publications or his non-decryption of the decrypted password took place in the USA or its territories. So the empire has no legitimate basis jurisdiction over the foreign journalist Assange's foreign activities.

Lastly, there is nothing new in the indictment whatsoever. All of this is information the empire had back in 2010.

The Obama-Hillary regime and US justice department under the Obama regime (which had far, far, far, far greater motive and reason to target Assange) had already legally concluded that the very same evidence now being used by the Trump Regime does not provided a basis for criminal prosecution of Assange.

The real motive here, is the war against truth. It is vengeance for exposing crimes of the empire. It is to send a message, to silence and chill other journalist who might consider exposing the empire's criminal activities.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-12-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Further the indictment alleges no activities whatsoever by Assange on US soil or within any US jurisdiction. It never alleges any of his publications or his non-decryption of the decrypted password took place in the USA or its territories. So the empire has no legitimate basis jurisdiction over Assange.
    The empire has no legitimate basis jurisdiction over anyone anywhere. The essence of an empire is the illegitimacy of its jurisdiction.

But Assange is experiencing the reality that in practice the empire recognizes no geographical limits to its jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    No, the indictment does not allege any hacking. The word is not even use the word or mention hacking in the indictment.

Even if everything in the indictment is proven, what does it actually allege? It alleges Manning gave Assange an encrypted password to decrypt that Assange did not decrypt.

And it alleges this occurred after Manning already provided all of the documents he had to WikiLeaks.

And it alleges the purpose of the request for decrypting the password was not to hack or obtain information (Manning already had the documents and already gave them to WikiLeaks), but rather so it would be harder to pinpoint Manning as the source.
    that is not what I read, what I read said that the reason for attempting to crack the additional password was to get access to files/data that manning did not have access to with his own account. of course if manning wanted to hide himself as a source, he wouldn't have been a dumbass and went online bragging about it to other hackers.

Great article from Unz Review -

After 7 Years of Deceptions About Assange, the US Readies for Its First Media Rendition

For seven years, from the moment Julian Assange first sought refuge in the Ecuadorean embassy in London, they have been telling us we were wrong, that we were paranoid conspiracy theorists. We were told there was no real threat of Assange’s extradition to the United States, that it was all in our fevered imaginations. …

From the moment he sought asylum, Assange was cast as an outlaw. His work as the founder of Wikileaks – a digital platform that for the first time in history gave ordinary people a glimpse into the darkest recesses of the most secure vaults in the deepest of Deep States – was erased from the record. …

The political and media class crafted a narrative of half-truths about the sex charges Assange was under investigation for in Sweden. They overlooked the fact that Assange had been allowed to leave Sweden by the original investigator, who dropped the charges, only for them to be revived by another investigator with a well-documented political agenda. They failed to mention that Assange was always willing to be questioned by Swedish prosecutors in London, as had occurred in dozens of other cases involving extradition proceedings to Sweden. It was almost as if Swedish officials did not want to test the evidence they claimed to have in their possession.

The media and political courtiers endlessly emphasized Assange’s bail violation in the UK, ignoring the fact that asylum seekers fleeing legal and political persecution don’t usually honor bail conditions imposed by the very state authorities from which they are seeking asylum.

The political and media establishment ignored the mounting evidence of a secret grand jury in Virginia … and ridiculed Wikileaks’ concerns that the Swedish case might be cover for a more sinister attempt by the US to extradite Assange and lock him away in a high-security prison, as had happened to whistleblower Chelsea Manning.

They belittled the 2016 verdict of a panel of United Nations legal scholars that the UK was “arbitrarily detaining” Assange. The media were more interested in the welfare of his cat.

They ignored the fact that after Ecuador changed presidents – with the new one keen to win favor with Washington …

Equally, they ignored the fact that Assange had been given diplomatic status by Ecuador, as well as Ecuadorean citizenship. Britain was obligated to allow him to leave the embassy … to travel unhindered to Ecuador. No “mainstream” journalist or politician thought this significant ...

They turned a blind eye to the news that … Swedish prosecutors had decided to quietly drop the case against him in 2015. Sweden had kept the decision under wraps for more than two years.

It was a freedom of information request by an ally of Assange, not a media outlet, that unearthed documents showing that Swedish investigators had, in fact, wanted to drop the case against Assange back in 2013. The UK, however, insisted that they carry on with the charade …

Most of the other documents relating to these conversations … had been destroyed by the UK’s Crown Prosecution Service in violation of protocol. …

They told us – apparently in all seriousness – that he had to be arrested for his bail infraction, something that would normally be dealt with by a fine. …

They signed off on the right of the US authorities to seize any foreign journalist, anywhere in the world … a new, special form of rendition for journalists.

This was never about Sweden or bail violations … It was about the US Deep State doing everything in its power to crush Wikileaks and make an example of its founder. … making sure there would never again be a leak like that of Collateral Murder, the military video released by Wikileaks in 2007 that showed US soldiers celebrating as they murdered Iraqi civilians. It was about making sure there would never again be a dump of US diplomatic cables, like those released in 2010 that revealed the secret machinations of the US empire to dominate the planet whatever the cost in human rights violations. …

The arrest was not to help two women in Sweden or to enforce a minor bail infraction. … the British authorities were acting on an extradition warrant from the US. …

Still the media and political class is turning a blind eye. Where is the outrage at the lies we have been served up for these past seven years? …

And that is because these journalists, politicians and experts … knew all along that the US wanted to silence Assange and to crush Wikileaks. They knew that all along and they didn’t care. In fact, they happily conspired in paving the way for today’s kidnapping of Assange.

They did so because they are not there to represent the truth, or to stand up for ordinary people, or to protect a free press, or even to enforce the rule of law. They don’t care about any of that. They are there to protect their careers, …

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast