Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange Arrested on U.S. Extradition Warrant, London Police Say

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    that is not what I read, what I read said that the reason for attempting to crack the additional password was to get access to files/data that manning did not have access to with his own account. of course if manning wanted to hide himself as a source, he wouldn't have been a dumbass and went online bragging about it to other hackers.
    From the indictment itself:
    On or about March 8, 2010, Assange agreed to assist Manning in cracking a password stored on United States Department of Defense computers connected to the Secret Internet Protocol Network, a United States government network used for classified documents and communications, as designated according to Executive Order No. 13526 or its predecessor orders. …

Cracking the password would have allowed Manning to log onto the computers under a username that did not belong to her. Such a measure would have made it more difficult for investigators to identify Manning as the source of disclosures of classified information. …

Prior to the formation of the password-cracking agreement, Manning had already provided WikiLeaks with hundreds of thousands of classified records that she downloaded from departments and agencies of the United States, including the Afghanistan war-related significant activity reports and Iraq war-related significant activities reports. …

March 8, 2010, before entering the password cracking-agreement, Manning told Assange that she was “throwing everything [she had] on JTF GTMO at [Assange] now.” Manning also said after this upload, that’s all I really have got left.”

It was part of the conspiracy that Assange and Manning took measures to conceal Manning as the source of the disclosure of classified records to WikiLeaks, including by removing usernames from the disclosed information and deleting chat logs between Assange and Manning. ...
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-12-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Part of what GG says there backs up what I previously stated. "get more docs for him to publish"
    No doubt the indictment/charges are weak, as are all conspiracy indictments.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    attempting to decrypt a password to bypass a secure system, is this not characterized correctly as hacking or included in the activities of hackers?

just like real life hacking:

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    There's no way Trump is going to pardon Assange after just being cleared of collusion. The narrative from the MSM is that WikiLeaks and Assange are Russian assets. Pardoning Assange would have all the Democrats claiming they've been vindicated and that the Mueller investigation was incomplete and there should be a new investigation into Trump's connections with WikiLeaks. It would also make it much harder to pardon Roger Stone.

This is a straight-up betrayal by Trump and anyone hoping for a happy ending where he turns the tables will be disappointed.
    Of course Trump won't pardon Assange. (Not that technically he needs one. As a foreign journalist in a foreign nation he is not subject to US laws, but that doesn't stop the empire and its Trump-Obama finger puppets).

Trump is a coward, a fool, a liar, a betrayer, a traitor. He is 100% completely beholden to the deep state, the neocons. Just look at his cabinet. Look at his actions to date.

He won't pardon Assange or stop the persecution of Assange. Just like Trump the coward hasn't lifted a finger to prosecute any of the scores of crimes exposed by the Wikileaks journalists and whistleblowers and hundreds of criminals involved. Instead cowardly lying, betrayer, neocon, idiot Trump protects them and appoints heinous criminals to his regime cabinet.

The founders are rolling in the graves.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-12-2019 at 04:55 PM.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

IF he really did help manning hack into the computers, then he should get time.
    And nothing says punish the criminals better than Trump the Coward not prosecuting a single one of the hundreds of criminals involved in the scores of crimes exposed by wikileaks and the whistleblowers and others; but instead protecting the criminals (even appointing a few to his regime), sweeping the crimes away, and persecuting the the whistleblower (now for the second time) and the foreign journalist (not even subject to US laws) for exposing the truth of the crimes.

Yeah, the criminals should get time, but unfortunately that won't happen with cowardly Trump protecting the real criminals.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-12-2019 at 10:18 AM.

And nothing says punish the criminals better than Trump the Coward not prosecuting a single one of the hundreds of criminals involved in the scores of crimes exposed by wikileaks and the whistleblowers and others; but instead protecting the criminals (even appointing a few to his regime), sweeping the crimes away, and persecuting the the whistleblower (now for the second time) and the foreign journalist (not even subject to US laws) for exposing the truth of the crimes.

Yeah, the criminals should get time, but unfortunately that won't happen with cowardly Trump protecting the real criminals.
    Not to mention that Snowden revealed .gov doing the very same things to private citizens- but hey, it's Ok if you be da holy gov- amirite?
    There is no spoon.

Sure punish them all. I have no problem with that.

As it stands, Assange is not under indictment for acting as a member of the press or publishing news -- despite all his defenders trying to say that is the case. I'm not naďve enough to think that, that is not the REAL reason, but its not the reasoning behind his US indictment or UK arrest (unrelated non-US charge).

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think we are hoping for Assange to be able to testify against the deep state as well.
    and you really believe he will be allowed to do so?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man
    Tell me, if I had made that same remark about Hillary, would you object the same way?
    The difference is that Trump hasn't been making policies, selling our secrets to the highest bidder and, using tax payer funding for whatever he was doing for the past 30 years.

I am sure Trump is no angel. I do think Trump is trying to do the right thing for the country. Would it be all that terrible if doing so also benefited him? At least Trump doesn't have a bunch of bodies in his wake. Do you know how many witnesses against Hilary Clinton have been killed? One person died on the way to court to testify against her.

I did not really want Trump for president. I was going to vote for Gary Johnson up to the time I went to the poll and was in the booth. Something compelled me to vote for Trump because I realized that voting for Johnson would be beneficial to Clinton. So in voting for Trump I was actually voting against Hillary. I am sorry to say that from the day I first laid eyes on Hillary I knew she was filled to the top with evil and wanted her hands on the levers of power. I sensed no empathy or care for the people of this country from her. I wanted to feel something good about her and I just couldn't find it. I voted for her husband the 1st time. I sat out on voting the second time.Her campaign centered on hey vote for me I am a woman. She seemed to think she was entitled to be president. She was sure she had it in the bag. Trump did not think he would win I am sure he knew there was a lot of rigging going on. To me he seemed a little stunned that he won. He had a concession speech prepared did Hillary?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They might not even get him here safely. I'm sure whoever has him right now is torturing him as we speak for his secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They might not even get him here safely. I'm sure whoever has him right now is torturing him as we speak for his secrets.
    What movie is that?

Gotta get that in before they get him to U.S. soil and start pretending he's an American (because how can anyone but an American commit treason against the U.S. government?).

Then he'll suddenly grow Constitutional rights they have to pretend to respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    The difference is that Trump hasn't been making policies, selling our secrets to the highest bidder and, using tax payer funding for whatever he was doing for the past 30 years.

I am sure Trump is no angel. I do think Trump is trying to do the right thing for the country. Would it be all that terrible if doing so also benefited him? At least Trump doesn't have a bunch of bodies in his wake. Do you know how many witnesses against Hilary Clinton have been killed? One person died on the way to court to testify against her.

I did not really want Trump for president. I was going to vote for Gary Johnson up to the time I went to the poll and was in the booth. Something compelled me to vote for Trump because I realized that voting for Johnson would be beneficial to Clinton. So in voting for Trump I was actually voting against Hillary. I am sorry to say that from the day I first laid eyes on Hillary I knew she was filled to the top with evil and wanted her hands on the levers of power. I sensed no empathy or care for the people of this country from her. I wanted to feel something good about her and I just couldn't find it. I voted for her husband the 1st time. I sat out on voting the second time.Her campaign centered on hey vote for me I am a woman. She seemed to think she was entitled to be president. She was sure she had it in the bag. Trump did not think he would win I am sure he knew there was a lot of rigging going on. To me he seemed a little stunned that he won. He had a concession speech prepared did Hillary?
    Good post!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Gotta get that in before they get him to U.S. soil and start pretending he's an American (because how can anyone but an American commit treason against the U.S. government?).

either that or they will treat him like a non-state hostile intelligence service

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Assange is charged with treason? citation?

and that is exactly why he developed Rubberhose Encryption.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    citation?

Fix your sarcasm detector and get back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I am becoming convinced that most people have no idea what Wikileaks is or does,, and had never heard of Julian Assange before the election.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I am becoming convinced that most people have no idea what Wikileaks is or does,, and had never heard of Julian Assange before the election.
    Interesting observation. Most of those involved in the conversation now were only 12 years old when Obama was elected. What could go wrong?

Video: Daniel Ellsberg on Assange's Arrest - 21 minutes long

Ellsberg says they'll probably stack more charges on Assange, which is what they did to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw8yf6Luwo4

No, the indictment does not allege any hacking. The indictment does not even use the word or mention hacking in the indictment.

Even if everything in the indictment is proven, what does it actually allege? It alleges Manning gave Assange an encrypted password to decrypt that Assange did not decrypt.

And it alleges this occurred after Manning already provided all of the documents he had to WikiLeaks.

And it alleges the purpose of the request for decrypting the password was not to hack or obtain information (Manning already had the documents and already gave them to WikiLeaks), but rather so it would be harder to pinpoint Manning as the source.

Further the indictment alleges no activities whatsoever by Assange on US soil or within any US jurisdiction. It never alleges any of his publications or his non-decryption of the decrypted password took place in the USA or its territories. So the empire has no legitimate basis jurisdiction over the foreign journalist Assange's foreign activities.

Lastly, there is nothing new in the indictment whatsoever. All of this is information the empire had back in 2010.

The Obama-Hillary regime and US justice department under the Obama regime (which had far, far, far, far greater motive and reason to target Assange) had already legally concluded that the very same evidence now being used by the Trump Regime does not provided a basis for criminal prosecution of Assange.

The real motive here, is the war against truth. It is vengeance for exposing crimes of the empire. It is to send a message, to silence and chill other journalist who might consider exposing the empire's criminal activities.
    Needs repeating!

And:
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant & free, in a state of civilisation, it expects what never was & never will be. The functionaries of every government have propensities to command at will the liberty & property of their constituents. There is no safe deposit for these but with the people themselves; nor can they be safe with them without information. Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.
    -Thomas Jefferson-
    There is no spoon.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The people who have been in control obviously don't want him to, but the new crew who is helping Trump take over the deep state might be able to let him.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Ellsberg says they'll probably stack more charges on Assange, which is what they did to him.
    Yes, this is what will likely happen. If and when he arrives in the US, the felony count will swiftly and accordingly rise to ensure to the eyes of the masses that he is a wicked guilty man deserving of all of the inhumane treatment and public ridicule he has so far received.

Pompeo had already been referring to Wikileaks as a "hostile intelligence service" rather than a journalistic organization. There is not going to be any fair consideration or even handed approach of justice for Assange or Wikileaks by the current administration or likely by any future administrations. In the eyes of the elites, these people and organizations need to pay for the damage to the illusion of representative government they have done and to ensure this the charges through the corrupted courts and judicial system will be piled on.

Trump can be a wildcard at times, so anything could happen, but based on the fact that zero globalist deep staters with numerous alleged crimes that warrant basic investigations, have thus far been indicted, would indicate he will not be intervening in this matter as well, boosted by the fact he is playing coy as we speak to the most fundamental question of the existence of Wikileaks. This could change, but right now, it looks very unlikely.

The quicker we realize there are virtually no legal remedies to guarantee our future freedom of the press and liberty, few if any representatives acting in our best interest, and a media that is lying and twisting every piece of evidence to conceal these facts, the better odds we have at reducing the amount of future strife in the rejection and dismantling of the hydra.

+rep

Trump has an opportunity here to ignore the pleas of all of his advisors, the deep state, and any other bosses that may have influence over him. He knows this, and we are watching what he does carefully. If he goes along with Pompeo and the wishes of the rest of the elites, then it's pretty safe to say we know what his legacy will be. With that being said, it doesn't look good.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast