Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding Reparations for Slavery – Be Careful What You Ask For

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    This isn't going to make me popular here:

It is a fact that many black Americans live through an American tragedy. Just look at the statistics. Imagine growing up in an incredibly violent place, with maybe one father for every hundred. The drug war, Jim Crowe, this list goes on and on, and trust me: I'm not on some BLM $#@! here--its just obvious to me.

I say that asking for reparations is a legitimate grievance that can be brought against the US government--that codified chattel slavery, after all, and enforced it violently. However, and this is where we can win: that money that should've gone towards the satisfaction of this legitimate grievance was blown up overseas. Period. The money you were owed was spent blowing up weddings and $#@!ing up American military personnel.

None of this is to say that I support a white tax for reparation, as I am vehemently against such notions for obvious reasons--ethnic guilt, blood guilt, inherited guilt I consider to be concepts less obviously toxic than chattel slavery but in the same class--since such a condition is ascribed at birth. But petitioning the government for a redress of grievance is constitutionally protected, and in this case--or so I believe--entirely appropriate. Too bad the money was blown up overseas, and shipped to other countries as aid, gay frogs, and what are the medical benefits of drinking piss etc et al. ISRAEL-BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF $#@!ING AID. No, Americans need that dough--and I would say Black Americans first. They have a legitimate grievance, Israel does not. Not one more dollar for Israel until our domestic brothers and sisters are made whole. The Native's, too.

The only question: How to redress that grievance without creating another (as a white tax of ANY sort would do)?

Reparations or not, there are serious problems in our so-called black communities, and if we are going to pretend to be a nation we should probably actually address them-and not by doing anything they've already been doing which has done nothing to ameliorate the crisis, instead deepened it.

(ducks)
    The problem with black communities is that we have for years subsidized the destruction of their two parent homes by giving them money they didn't themselves work for.More of the same won't help and will probably hurt, not just the black communities but society altogether.
    While it is true that "Americans need that dough", the solution is to quit taking it in the first place, not start handing it out for every perceived slight claimed by any given victim class. Those who work for the "dough" should keep the dough, they traded their labor for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The fact that Democratic candidates are genuflecting to a pimp like Sharpton and now openly supporting reparations is a very, very bad sign. The policy probably won't be enacted immediately, even if Dems win in 2020. Regardless, them coming out in favor of it is a disaster waiting to happen.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/calebjhull/statu...80400893349889

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    https://twitter.com/calebjhull/statu...80400893349889

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12