Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Rand Paul: Failed neocons tried to bring down Trump

  1. #1

    Rand Paul: Failed neocons tried to bring down Trump



    https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1115987014292258816



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    John Bolton seems to be missing from the list. Rand Paul fooled again by fake Washington drama.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  4. #3
    ..
    "The Patriarch"

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    As is regularly pointed out on this forum, Trump is an idiot, a liar, and regularly uses bloated exaggeration so why would anyone put much stock into what he says? I think it's easy to figure Trump out. Sorry you are still confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    Voting does not justify being robbed by criminals using government.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Yup,,as inconsistent as he is prolific..

  5. #4
    Same People Behind Iraq War Lies Pushed Russian Collusion
    By Julie Kelly | April 8th, 2019

    For more than two years they misled us.

    Exploiting fear and confusion after a shocking event, they warned that our country was in imminent danger at the hands of a mad man. They insisted that legitimate intelligence, including a CIA report issued a month before a national election and a dossier produced by reliable sources in the United Kingdom, proved the threat was real. The subject monopolized discussions on Capitol Hill, in the White House, and in the press.

    They argued that the situation was so dire that it was straining our relationship with strategic allies. Any evidence to the contrary was readily dismissed. And anyone who questioned their agenda was ridiculed as a coward, a dupe, or a conspiracy theorist. The news media dedicated endless air time and column inches to anyone who wanted to repeat the falsehood.

    But an investigative report released two years after the propaganda campaign began found no evidence to support their central claim. The CIA report was highly flawed. The official dossier, some concluded, was deceptive and “sexed-up.”

    No, I’m not referring here to the Trump-Russia collusion hoax, although the similarities are nearly identical. I’m talking about the period between 2002 and 2004 when many of the very same people who recently peddled collusion fiction also insisted that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction—including material to produce nuclear bombs. On the heels of the horrors of 9/11, the United States and our allies waged war against Iraq in 2003 based primarily on that assurance.

    But in 2004, a special advisor to the CIA concluded Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. There were no stockpiles of biological or chemical agents; no plans to develop a nuclear bomb. The main argument for the war had been wholly discredited. But it was too late: The conflict officially raged on for another seven years, including a “surge” of 20,000 more U.S. troops in 2007 at the behest of the late Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.). We still have a troop presence in Iraq to this day.
    ...
    The Iraq war cost the lives of more than 4,400 U.S. troops, maimed tens of thousands more and resulted in an unquantifiable amount of emotional, mental, and physical pain for untold numbers of American military families. Suicide rates for servicemen and veterans have exploded leaving thousands more dead and their families devastated. And it has cost taxpayers more than $2 trillion and counting.

    So, these discredited outcasts thought they found in the Trump-Russia collusion farce a way to redeem themselves in the news media and recover their lost prestige, power, and paychecks. After all, it cannot be a mere coincidence that a group of influencers on the Right who convinced Americans 16 years ago that we must invade Iraq based on false pretenses are nearly the identical group of people who tried to convince Americans that Donald Trump conspired with the Russians to rig the 2016 election, an allegation also based on hearsay and specious evidence.
    ...
    When Trump stood on a debate stage in February 2016 and said the Iraq war was a “big, fat mistake,” he didn’t just say it to a random Republican opponent. He said it directly to Jeb Bush, the brother of the president who launched the war. “George Bush made a mistake, we should never have been in Iraq,” Trump seethed. “They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction. There were none. And they knew there were none.”
    ...
    At a campaign rally in May 2016, Trump specifically mocked Kristol. “All the guy [Kristol] wants to do is kill people even though he knows it’s not working although he doesn’t know because he’s not smart enough.”

    A red line, so to speak, had been crossed. The candidate likely to win the Republican presidential nomination was taking direct aim at the elite Republican establishment so they responded in kind. Dozens of Republican national security and intelligence experts denounced Trump in an August 2016 public letter, insisting he would be a “dangerous president and put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.” Kristol enlisted an independent candidate to run against Trump.
    ...
    The symmetry is impossible to ignore or dismiss as coincidence. The Trump-Russia collusion hoax was a chance for these jilted influencers to get revenge against a president and a party that no longer had any use for them. Trump threatened their long-held grasp of centralized power, so they did everything they could to hold on to it, including siding with the Left to sabotage him. It was a craven act of self-restoration. Excommunicated by the Right, they sought to redeem themselves by sucking up to the Left, which not so long ago accused Iraq war promoters of being criminals.
    ...
    The goal of the intersectional Iraq War and Trump-Russia collusion fraudsters was clear: Regime change. The playbook is nearly identical—produce flawed intelligence, rally support from the media, portray any opponent as a bad actor, keep creating new crimes. However this time, instead of seeking to depose an Iraqi tyrant, the collusion propagandists within the conservative establishment sought to remove a duly elected U.S. president.
    ...
    More: https://amgreatness.com/2019/04/08/s...ian-collusion/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-10-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    John Bolton seems to be missing from the list. Rand Paul fooled again by fake Washington drama.
    Not sure why that picture was used for the article. Probably was convenient and included many of the usual agitators. But the article itself focuses on Kristol and McCain. Those two have been neoconning on TV since the 90s, maybe even 80s.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Not sure why that picture was used for the article. Probably was convenient and included many of the usual agitators. But the article itself focuses on Kristol and McCain. Those two have been neoconning on TV since the 90s, maybe even 80s.
    You know, I will take back everything I said about Trump being one and the same as the neocons if now that he has been exonerated by the Mueller investigation, he follows a foreign policy scheme that was against the neocons. Just being their adversaries on paper while following them on policy is no good to me. The same thing he does with Putin where he shows the upmost kindness and respect to him in person while he follows a policy that is destructive to in his professional capacity.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    John Bolton seems to be missing from the list. Rand Paul fooled again by fake Washington drama.
    He's being selective about where he throws his punches. That's called 'politics'.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's being selective about where he throws his punches. That's called 'politics'.
    Maybe so, but I don't think he is fooling anybody. Most people who know what a neocon is knows that Trump has surrounded himself with neocons. They know that his 180 in Syria, aggression against Iran and his ultra devotion to Israel are signs that he himself is a neocon.

    Its easy for me to criticized him seeing as I have never been elected to anything but I think he is playing it all wrong. He seems to be very generous with compliments with Trump even though he hasn't done anything or will ever do anything to deserve it. I feel that when the tide turns on Trump, he would suffer the consequences of it
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    John Bolton seems to be missing from the list. Rand Paul fooled again by fake Washington drama.
    Actually you are the one fooled by your own confirmation bias. Rand only tweeted the link, which was written by another person.

    swing and hard miss
    How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Actually you are the one fooled by your own confirmation bias. Rand only tweeted the link, which was written by another person.

    swing and hard miss
    He tweeted the article because he agreed with it and I criticized him because he agreed with the author who I disagree with. I don't think Rand is as naive as some of his actions would make you believe and I agree that some if not all of it is him playing politics
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    He tweeted the article because he agreed with it and I criticized him because he agreed with the author who I disagree with. I don't think Rand is as naive as some of his actions would make you believe and I agree that some if not all of it is him playing politics
    You are holding Rand to an unreasonable standard, it would be one thing to complain if the article said bad things and Rand retweeted it but to criticize Rand because an article he didn't write omitted something is ludicrous, it calls your sincerity into question..
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You are holding Rand to an unreasonable standard, it would be one thing to complain if the article said bad things and Rand retweeted it but to criticize Rand because an article he didn't write omitted something is ludicrous, it calls your sincerity into question..
    My sincerity in question after you made that anarcho libertarian rubbish of a thread? I think you should drop that stone while you are still inside the glass house.

    I think the premise of the article is all wrong, this is fake Washington drama. The neocons or rather a faction of it is solidly with Trump so writing an article saying that the neocons are coming for him when in fact he works with them and even have them as his closest foreign policy advisers is very deceptive. Rand shouldn't be retweeting deceptive articles like this
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    My sincerity in question after you made that anarcho libertarian rubbish of a thread? I think you should drop that stone while you are still inside the glass house.

    I think the premise of the article is all wrong, this is fake Washington drama. The neocons or rather a faction of it is solidly with Trump so writing an article saying that the neocons are coming for him when in fact he works with them and even have them as his closest foreign policy advisers is very deceptive. Rand shouldn't be retweeting deceptive articles like this
    LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL
    Did u run out of straws after building the giant one in the anarcho-libertarian thread? That thing almost set this forum on fire
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Did u run out of straws after building the giant one in the anarcho-libertarian thread? That thing almost set this forum on fire
    More hilarity, there is nothing wrong with what I wrote and you are trying to distract from your unfair attack on Rand.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    More hilarity, there is nothing wrong with what I wrote and you are trying to distract from your unfair attack on Rand.
    Nothing wrong with the very disingenuous attack on anarcho-capitalism? The fact that you cannot see the strawman fallacy you made says more about you than anything else.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Nothing wrong with the very disingenuous attack on anarcho-capitalism? The fact that you cannot see the strawman fallacy you made says more about you than anything else.
    LOL

    I stand by everything I wrote, you sure are desperate to distract from the fact that you held Rand accountable for someone else's omission.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    I stand by everything I wrote, you sure are desperate to distract from the fact that you held Rand accountable for someone else's omission.
    I am not saying the man should be primaries, he is the worst senator now or anything crazy thing, just that he seems to be falling for deceptive articles and it may come back to bite him in the ass. Falling for or playing a political game has the same set of consequences in my book.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    John Bolton seems to be missing from the list. Rand Paul fooled again by fake Washington drama.
    I have no idea what you are even complaining about.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 04-12-2019 at 01:09 PM.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    He tweeted the article because he agreed with it and I criticized him because he agreed with the author who I disagree with. I don't think Rand is as naive as some of his actions would make you believe and I agree that some if not all of it is him playing politics
    back pedal...back pedal...back pedal...

    just leave it already, you failed miserably. Cant save this dead dog.
    How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    back pedal...back pedal...back pedal...

    just leave it already, you failed miserably. Cant save this dead dog.
    Trump is a neocon, his foreign policy actions and appointees has confirmed this. Rand is tweeting an articles saying that the neocons many of whom he surrounds himself with failed to bring him down. If you are unable to see the problem with this premise then I cannot help you. Gonna say it again, Trump is himself a neocon. The Trump fish isn't going to drown in the neocon water.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Trump is a neocon, his foreign policy actions
    Trump isn't a neocon. That is factually wrong. There is a reason neocons universally hate Trump. He does have some bad people around. And you mention John Bolton. For all things wrong with John Bolton, he isn't a neocon. He's an extreme hawk. But he is more like Donald Rumsfeld (also not a neocon).

    Trump's foreign policy has been less interventionist on foreign policy than any recent president. So I am not sure what actions you are even talking about.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Trump isn't a neocon. That is factually wrong. There is a reason neocons universally hate Trump. He does have some bad people around. And you mention John Bolton. For all things wrong with John Bolton, he isn't a neocon. He's an extreme hawk. But he is more like Donald Rumsfeld (also not a neocon).

    Trump's foreign policy has been less interventionist on foreign policy than any recent president. So I am not sure what actions you are even talking about.
    I have to tell you that I have a hard time telling the difference between neocons and extreme hawks. I have the same problems with midgets and dwarfs, I know there is a difference between the 2 but the difference isn't relevant enough for me to care. So I tend to consider all of them to be little people, the same goes for extreme hawk John Bolton and the neocons. Both are eager to get the US into wars for oil, democracy and for Israel, plus they always continue the wars and conflicts started by the last neocon.

    So after hearing your protest, I still see a neocon when I see John Bolton and to the fact that he has been less interventionist than the last president, well there isn't that many places for him to attack. We see him trying very hard to start one in Iran and Venezuela, he has escalated the Syrian one by placing more troops and attacking Syria and their Russia ally. Lastly, he has continued all the wars of the last president, he is no different from the Obamas and Bushs of this world
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Trump isn't a neocon. That is factually wrong. There is a reason neocons universally hate Trump. He does have some bad people around. And you mention John Bolton. For all things wrong with John Bolton, he isn't a neocon. He's an extreme hawk. But he is more like Donald Rumsfeld (also not a neocon).

    Trump's foreign policy has been less interventionist on foreign policy than any recent president. So I am not sure what actions you are even talking about.
    I hope you are right about Trump. John Bolton is a neocon though. That's not even a good defense of this administration. The only defense is that Trump picks these guys so they can't go behind his back and he can watch them better.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Trump is a neocon, his foreign policy actions and appointees has confirmed this. Rand is tweeting an articles saying that the neocons many of whom he surrounds himself with failed to bring him down. If you are unable to see the problem with this premise then I cannot help you. Gonna say it again, Trump is himself a neocon. The Trump fish isn't going to drown in the neocon water.

    Trump is not a Neocon,he opposed the iraq war..Almost all Neocons hate Trump because Trump didn't start any new wars...
    Trump is not perfect, I wish he would cut military spending & bring the troops home but at this point he is the best...
    John Bolton should be fired immediately because he killed the peace deal with North Korea

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    back pedal...back pedal...back pedal...

    just leave it already, you failed miserably. Cant save this dead dog.
    Juleswin suffers from TDS.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Trump is not a Neocon,he opposed the iraq war..Almost all Neocons hate Trump because Trump didn't start any new wars...
    Trump is not perfect, I wish he would cut military spending & bring the troops home but at this point he is the best...
    John Bolton should be fired immediately because he killed the peace deal with North Korea
    Obama also opposed the Iraq war that doesnt mean he did not follow through with the neocon policies for the ME and NA. Yes he is not the perfect ultimate neocon but he is still one.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  32. #28
    Anyone denying that Bolton is a neocon is sadly mistaken.
    ClydeCoulter on the Liberty Movement:
    Yeah, they'll argue over roads and religion, but there are certain themes that bind, among those are freedom and the search for truth and justice.

    Loyalists gonna loyal.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Anyone denying that Bolton is a neocon is sadly mistaken.
    But he isn't though. I know it splitting hairs but I have heard him interviewed a number of times and he is very different than someone like Bill Krisol. He is more of an Ayn Rand hawk on steroids.

    From Wikipedia.

    He declared himself in an interview with Edward Luce of the Financial Times in 2007 to be a "Goldwater conservative", as opposed to being a neoconservative.[227] He also pointed out that he was a follower of Edmund Burke. He also said "I have always been a conservative. The idea of big-government conservatism has more neocon adherents than from unmodified conservatives."


    "But as many people have pointed out in the last twenty-four hours, Bolton isn’t really a neoconservative. Unfortunately, his brand of hawkish nationalism conforms far more closely to Trump’s own worst foreign-policy instincts. " https://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...us-ideas-25050


    Illing
    "The word neocon is being tossed about a lot, but Bolton isn’t really a neocon because he doesn’t seem to care about promoting democracy abroad"

    Nichols
    "
    I don’t think Bolton is a neocon because he doesn’t seem to care about democracy promotion; he’s an advocate of preventive war, which means acting way in advance to stomp out a perceived threat — that’s significantly different than preemptive war, which is about neutralizing an imminent threat.

    Bolton’s approach to war is preventive, and I think it’s extremely dangerous."
    https://www.vox.com/world/2018/3/23/...trump-mcmaster

    "Because of his work in the Bush administration, many were quick to label him a neoconservative, the faction that promoted regime change in Iraq in the name of democracy promotion. But that’s inaccurate. Bolton is far too extreme to be a neoconservative." https://newrepublic.com/article/1476...al-nationalist



Similar Threads

  1. Trump-Putin Summit Success: Neocons Furious! - RON PAUL
    By ProBlue33 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2018, 07:20 PM
  2. Rand Paul: ‘Deep State Is Trying To Bring Trump Down’
    By Swordsmyth in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2018, 12:51 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-29-2017, 06:43 PM
  4. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •