Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump nominates gold standard supporting Herman Cain and Moore to FED

Trump nominates gold standard supporting Herman Cain and Moore to FED

He has nominated both Herman Cain and Stephen Moore to the Federal Reserve board. Both of them strongly support the gold standard.

Yet both of President Donald Trump’s apparent picks for open seats on the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, Stephen Moore and Herman Cain, are interested in fixing the price of the dollar in quantities of gold—bringing back a system that President Richard Nixon abandoned in 1971.

Their stance on gold encapsulates how far the two are outside the mainstream. It doesn’t mean they’re wrong—just that most economists of the left, right, and center who have looked into restoring the gold standard have concluded that it would be a bad idea.

Then again, the person who wants them on the Fed is more open to the idea. While campaigning for president in 2016, Trump told GQ, “Bringing back the gold standard would be very hard to do, but boy, would it be wonderful. We’d have a standard on which to base our money.”

Trump’s new picks for the Fed are a win for Austrian School followers and others who think Nixon made a big mistake by taking the dollar off the gold standard. But they’re alarming a lot of other people. Paul Krugman tweeted out Bloomberg’s article about the Cain pick today with this comment: “Meanwhile, I didn’t think Trump could do worse than Stephen Moore for the Fed. But never underestimate his resourcefulness.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-gold-standard

Q said back in 2018 that gold shall end the fed. It's coming.

"Countries are benefited when they changed these [national sovereignty] policies, and evidence suggests that North Americans are ready for a new relationship that renders this old definition of sovereignty obsolete."

CFR task force co-chairman Robert Pastor

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Fed cannot create a gold standard- only Congress can (with the signature of the President on the legislation). He wants Cain to make more free money and return to zero interest rates.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

I think krugman , Q etc are both pretty far off the mark . I would love to see the Fed go .It would be nice to back a dollar with something . Dollars are not worth enough to need gold but if you did there would not be enough gold . Probably more like how many bottlecaps to the dollar . That would still make it more valuable than other currencies since everyone has made the mistake of not having the first backed currency which would immediately become the world preferred currency and it is all worthless paper too . You think the $#@!ty house of representatives will do anything to make wasting money on stupid $#@! harder ? I predict not .
    Do something Danke

You cannot just peg gold at 1400.00 an ounce or whatever , because nobody else will . You might be able to get by with pegging copper at 3.00 or 4.00 a pound and using that ....
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-07-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Do something Danke

I do think getting rid of people off the Fed board is a good idea .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You cannot just peg gold at 1400.00 an ounce or whatever , because nobody else will .
    The US gold reserves are worth about $310 billion at September, 2018 prices- 258,641,878.085 troy ounces. https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/repo...t/current.html

M2 money supply is $14.5 trillion. Gold would have to be $61,000 an ounce instead of $1300.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The US gold reserves are worth about $310 billion at September, 2018 prices- 258,641,878.085 troy ounces. https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/repo...t/current.html

M2 money supply is $14.5 trillion.
    Yep , too much paper .
    Do something Danke

While I totally oppose the fed , while it is there it should at least have people on the board that meet the actual criteria . Gold standard may or may not not be feasible to return to until the total economic collapse .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's say you thought a gold standard is a good idea. Almost no economist agrees. In order to persuade people you kind of need facts and data to support your position and have a workable plan to transition over. You need extreme competency. Neither of these people possess that. They are however Trump lackeys who will do what it takes to try to make sure we don't have a recession before Trump's next election. (That might not be a terrible thing. As the yield curve inverts there is no argument for tightening and probably and argument to start easing soon.)

Both nominees have changed their positions on monetary policy.

He added that Moore had been an economic advisor to Cain’s presidential campaign and helped create Cain’s tax plan, which called for a return to the gold standard. Cain was a Republican candidate for president in 2012.

“He was a regular critic of the Fed’s unconventional policy easing and, as recently as 2014, advocated for a reversal of QE through $45bn in monthly sales of Treasury securities and MBS holdings that would have reduced the Fed’s securities holdings by 75% through 2020, ” Gapen wrote in a note.

Trump too was against monetary easing before he was in favor of it.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-07-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbhadja View Post
    He has nominated both Herman Cain and Stephen Moore to the Federal Reserve board. Both of them strongly support the gold standard.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-gold-standard

Q said back in 2018 that gold shall end the fed. It's coming.

Q was three years behind the curve. Better late than never, I guess.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-money-is-done
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

I want to see the dollar's worth to increase to the point that a person could buy a carton of eggs, loaf of bread and, a lb of butter. with one dollar.

M2 money supply is $14.5 trillion. Gold would have to be $61,000 an ounce instead of $1300.
    thats pretty good evidence that the central banks of the world have acted together to suppress the price of gold...

Trump directly said that he wants QE4. All of this nonsense is a pipe dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.
    When Donald Trump talks about torture, I don't know what he really believes for sure, but he gets attacked on what he says unjustly by the media and many people here

So has a Contenental become worth more than a dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    thats pretty good evidence that the central banks of the world have acted together to suppress the price of gold...
    The only way to suppress the price of something is to flood the market with the item and for a long time. Central banks don't have enough gold to do that. They hold about ten percent of the global supply.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^^^^^^
    Everyone paying attention knows the market is flooded with gold. PAPER GOLD. Most of which is never redeemed for physical but does serve to drive down spot price.

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump directly said that he wants QE4. All of this nonsense is a pipe dream.
    So you think Trump is an honest straight shooter?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So you think Trump is an honest straight shooter?
    They're setting up the planned "show down" between Trump and the Fed over monetary policy. Read the linked thread in my first post above.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Everyone paying attention knows the market is flooded with gold. PAPER GOLD. Most of which is never redeemed for physical but does serve to drive down spot price.
    Link to central banks selling paper gold?

Link to central banks selling paper gold?
    Chester Copperpot's understanding isn't exactly correct but he's got the gist. Not my job to defend his slightly inaccurate statement. Regardless, the BIS strictly restricts information about their gold operations and all of the owners of the central banks are the member banks of the various central bank systems. Do you want me to supply links to JPMorgan, for example, selling gold and silver contracts? Any separation between JPM and the Fed is merely words on paper.

Bottom line is that spot prices are suppressed by paper contracts far in excess of available gold and silver that changes hands.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-08-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Let's say you thought a gold standard is a good idea. Almost no economist agrees. In order to persuade people you kind of need facts and data to support your position and have a workable plan to transition over. You need extreme competency. Neither of these people possess that. They are however Trump lackeys who will do what it takes to try to make sure we don't have a recession before Trump's next election. (That might not be a terrible thing. As the yield curve inverts there is no argument for tightening and probably and argument to start easing soon.)
    Stupid Trump lackey. If they don’t go to Harvard, then they can’t be qualified. Harvard bankers are the smartest.

Cain grew up in Georgia and graduated from Morehouse College in 1967 with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. Cain pursued graduate studies at Purdue University and graduated with a Master of Science in Computer Science in 1971
    Hmmm. Ok, maybe he does have an education that many bankers are not smart enough to get. But he needs some experience! He’s just a pizza guy!

Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991. He was deputy chairman, from 1992 to 1994, and then chairman until 1996, of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
    Hmmm. Well, that was just Kansas. Backwards flyover country. What major Wall St. banking and brokerage firm did he work for? Does he actually know how to best utilize debt and money lending? Does he know how to offset monetary inflation with labor supply inflation?
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Chester Copperpot's understanding isn't exactly correct but he's got the gist. Not my job to defend his slightly inaccurate statement. Regardless, the BIS strictly restricts information about their gold operations and all of the owners of the central banks are the member banks of the various central bank systems. Do you want me to supply links to JPMorgan, for example, selling gold and silver contracts? Any separation between JPM and the Fed is merely words on paper.
    JP Morgan is not a Central Bank. But why would the Fed care what the price of gold is?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-08-2019 at 11:38 AM.

JP Morgan is not a Central Bank.
    No it is not but that's typical Zippy haggling over what the definition of the word "is" is so as to confuse the bigger point being made.

Paper contracts issued by member banks that far exceed physical supply are how the spot prices are suppressed. It's documented, on record in court cases and widely known.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No it is not but that's typical Zippy haggling over what the definition of the word "is" is so as to confuse the bigger point being made.

Paper contracts issued by member banks that far exceed physical supply are how the spot prices are suppressed. It's documented, on record in court cases and widely known.
    Why would a central bank who does not have its money backed by gold care what the price of gold is? Why suppress it?

"Gold up- it is the market!
    Gold down- it is manipulation by the Central Banks!"

Why would a central bank who does not have its money backed by gold care what the price of gold is? Why suppress it?

"Gold up- it is the market!
    Gold down- it is manipulation by the Central Banks!"
    High gold prices reflect currency weakness. Duh. Keeping gold and silver looking "unattractive" and "unproductive" provides a mental support to the debt money printing game....until the same bankers decide to change the game. And they have decided to change it, hence why they're placing "gold bugs" into the Fed to act as mouthpieces for the desired changes. Ya always need new PR folks to sell policy changes, yes? But you already know all of that.

High gold prices reflect currency weakness. Duh. Keeping gold and silver looking "unattractive" and "unproductive" provides a mental support to the debt money printing game....until the same bankers decide to change the game. And they have decided to change it, hence why they're placing "gold bugs" into the Fed to act as mouthpieces for the desired changes. Ya always need new PR folks to sell policy changes, yes? But you already know all of that.
    Central banks do try to target prices- overall prices (inflation) but not the price of any single commodity. Is the Fed targeting any other commodities? Keeping their prices from soaring? If the Fed is manipulating gold and not others their prices should be soaring compared to gold. Why aren't they?

What about silver, platinum, steel, aluminum, copper, zinc, sugar, wheat, beef? Are Central Banks playing in those markets too to hide inflation?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-08-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Central banks do try to target prices- overall prices (inflation) but not the price of any single commodity. Is the Fed targeting any other commodities? Keeping their prices from soaring? If the Fed is manipulating gold and not others their prices should be soaring compared to gold. Why aren't they?

What about silver, platinum, steel, aluminum, copper, zinc, sugar, wheat, beef? Are Central Banks playing in those markets too to hide inflation?
    Same paper contract games being played in all markets. Newsflash: there is no such thing as genuine price discovery allowed today and what little slips through is hidden in other ways, such as smaller weight of a bag of potato chips with a bag filled with air, copper wiring mixed with other more abundant metals, real sugar replaced mostly by HFCS in products, beef prices per lb rising quickly and selection shrinking, etc. The "less is more" narrative is all around us. Apparently you don't ever go shopping.

Same paper contract games being played in all markets. Newsflash: there is no such thing as genuine price discovery allowed today and what little slips through is hidden in other ways, such as smaller weight of a bag of potato chips with a bag filled with air, copper wiring mixed with other more abundant metals, real sugar replaced mostly by HFCS in products, beef prices per lb rising quickly and selection shrinking, etc. The "less is more" narrative is all around us. Apparently you don't ever go shopping.
    Wow! The Fed even controls the size of your potato chip bags! Talk about a powerful organization!

Wow! The Fed even controls the size of your potato chip bags! Talk about a powerful organization!
    He who controls the money controls everything. Mayer Rothschild told us that a long time ago. The heads of the mega-corporations work in concert with the central bankers that surround Trump. All NWO adherents working toward the same goals. Why do you think "Trump" meets with them so often? To share family photos? lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast