Thread: TX House Speaker Republican Dennis Bonnen kills Constitutional carry in Texas.

TX House Speaker Republican Dennis Bonnen kills Constitutional carry in Texas.

In the one article, it says that Chris McNutt canvassed the districts of these representatives in order to rally support for Constitutional carry and that it was effective, the residents responded by contacting their reps.

The second article says that McNutt went to the homes of the actual representatives and thats why Bonnen killed the bill.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Bonnen is another piece of $#@! sell out Republican who never wanted constitutional carry. Hes using this as an excuse.

This scumbag Bonnen appointed anti-gun Democrat Poncho Nevarez to the Homeland Security Committee, where all gun rights legislation is usually heard.

"Nevárez said Friday he no longer plans on having a hearing on the bill."

Texas House Speaker Calls In State Troopers To Intimidate Gun Rights Activist.

Texas House Speaker says constitutional carry bill 'dead' after gun rights activist went to his home.
    Last edited by unknown; 04-07-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    New Jersey South.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    New Jersey South.
    South Jersey actually has a lot of farmland and has a very different vibe than the northern lib stronghold.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    South Jersey actually has a lot of farmland and has a very different vibe than the northern lib stronghold.
    Oh yeah...know it well.

Was born and raised in the reddest county in New Jersey: Ocean.

What a complete and total scumbag. Another person I can add to my "I hope they get stage 4 cancer" list.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"Constitutional" carry; the 2nd Amendment. I don't give a whoop about some bill. It is up to The People to defend and protect their Natural Right outlined in 2nd Amendment.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    "Constitutional" carry; the 2nd Amendment. I don't give a whoop about some bill. It is up to The People to defend and protect their Natural Right outlined in 2nd Amendment.
    Ultimately yes, you are correct.

We only have the rights that we are willing to fight for.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Constitutional" carry; the 2nd Amendment. I don't give a whoop about some bill.
    Except that the bill is how we get Constitutional Carry.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Except that the bill is how we get Constitutional Carry.
    No, Matt, the 2nd Amendment recognizes "constitutional carry" as an inalienable right--further bills are redundant. Any place that inhibits the right of the people, the individual person, to keep and bear arms is in violation of the law. There isn't another way to put it.

Anyone in Texas or anywhere else for that matter, care to call this guy's office to express that he's going to be facing a very difficult reelection campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    No, Matt, the 2nd Amendment recognizes "constitutional carry" as an inalienable right--further bills are redundant. Any place that inhibits the right of the people, the individual person, to keep and bear arms is in violation of the law. There isn't another way to put it.
    I agree. Unfortunately not enough people do in order to make it matter. Which is why a Constitutional Carry bill must be passed.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I agree. Unfortunately not enough people do in order to make it matter. Which is why a Constitutional Carry bill must be passed.
    PAF will now tell you that you are an evil statist.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    PAF will now tell you that you are an evil statist.
    No, I t’s just a tremendous lack of understanding. As I have said previously, liberty comes from within, which can’t be force-fed, and Natural Rights which are outlined in the Bill of Rights that can’t be legislated by way of bills, statutes or ordinances. Well, unless one voluntarily gives them up to politicians with a piece of paper and an ink pen.

No, I t’s just a tremendous lack of understanding. As I have said previously, liberty comes from within, which can’t be force-fed, and Natural Rights which are outlined in the Bill of Rights that can’t be legislated by way of bills, statutes or ordinances. Well, unless one voluntarily gives them up to politicians with a piece of paper and an ink pen.
    The will of the people can be manifest in more than one way, lobbying to get a law passed to repeal old bad laws is one of them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The will of the people can be manifest in more than one way, lobbying to get a law passed to repeal old bad laws is one of them.
    Anything other than the Constitution are nothing but ordinances and statutes. For too long people have referred to them as laws which they aren’t.

Under Natural Rights, why would I give a flip about good “laws” or bad ones? Unless I was stupid enough to voluntarily forfeit my rights to some politician by way of registration and/or “permit”.

The only way it affects me is my money is stolen I mean taxed to buy toilet paper and pens.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anything other than the Constitution are nothing but ordinances and statutes. For too long people have referred to them as laws which they aren’t.

Under Natural Rights, why would I give a flip about good “laws” or bad ones? Unless I was stupid enough to voluntarily forfeit my rights to some politician by way of registration and/or “permit”.

The only way it affects me is my money is stolen I mean taxed to buy toilet paper and pens.
    That would come as a surprise to the authors of the Constitution who invested the legislative branch with the power to pass laws.
    It also doesn't matter, the government acts on those laws and most people abide by them, if they are are unconstitutional then it doesn't matter how they are overturned, using the legislature is just as good a using the courts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That would come as a surprise to the authors of the Constitution who invested the legislative branch with the power to pass laws.
    It also doesn't matter, the government acts on those laws and most people abide by them, if they are are unconstitutional then it doesn't matter how they are overturned, using the legislature is just as good a using the courts.

Perhaps someday you’ll thank an AnCap

The problem is that ignoring an unconstitutional law won't stop the men with guns the state employs from enforcing it at your expense.

Certainly, one should push government for accountability and integrity. However, reality (and government) being what it is, the best place to start is first by removing legal roadblocks to liberties that are currently unavailable or under threat. Right now, there are threats on all sides and so our best move is to rollback the administrative state by any means possible.

Try smoking a joint in front of a LEO and see how many natural rights you have. All laws are the result of politics. If you want to change government policy, you have to engage politically. Being right (unfortunately) doesn't matter one iota when it comes to getting the government to do what you want it to do. It's about how much political pressure you can bring to bear to get the law changed.

And for the record, I am responsible for passing Constitutional Carry in 1 state, and played a small role in passing it in another.

Try smoking a joint in front of a LEO and see how many natural rights you have. All laws are the result of politics. If you want to change government policy, you have to engage politically. Being right (unfortunately) doesn't matter one iota when it comes to getting the government to do what you want it to do. It's about how much political pressure you can bring to bear to get the law changed.

And for the record, I am responsible for passing Constitutional Carry in 1 state, and played a small role in passing it in another.
    Realpolitik, and good on you.

Perhaps someday you’ll thank an AnCap
    I'm sure I have much to thank them for already, we are currently far into big government which puts anarchists on the right side of the struggle for now and it is doubtful we will get anywhere near the point where AnCaps are the primary problem in my lifetime.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This x1000. If you think a law is violating your natural rights, the correct way to resolve it is to ask nicely for the government to stop, via the political system.

If you ask nicely enough, and often enough, and if the government feels generous at that particular moment, they may grant your request.

This is the only way that you can ever get your natural rights restored. By asking nicely.

These are the principles this great country was founded upon.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    This x1000. If you think a law is violating your natural rights, the correct way to resolve it is to ask nicely for the government to stop, via the political system.

If you ask nicely enough, and often enough, and if the government feels generous at that particular moment, they may grant your request.

This is the only way that you can ever get your natural rights restored. By asking nicely.

These are the principles this great country was founded upon.
    That is not what I wrote.

You are guilty of this logical fallacy: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

That is not what I wrote.

You are guilty of this logical fallacy: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    The above post is a great example of the fallacy you just linked
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Honestly same. Also never cared for the concept of a concealed handgun license, and always thought you should carry via rights protected by the 2nd amendment. I've always heard a CHL holder could face more problems than a non holder. So, I am wondering am I right?? Are there any particular case studies for a person carrying without a CHL - something happens - and that person isn't ticketed or fined or cited or whatever?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate