Thread: Fox News' Tucker Carlson wonders aloud whether Trump actually wants to lose in 2020

Fox News' Tucker Carlson wonders aloud whether Trump actually wants to lose in 2020

https://theweek.com/speedreads/83347...ants-lose-2020

Is it possible that President Trump actually has no intention of winning re-election in 2020?

That's the question that was posed on Thursday by a surprising voice: Fox News' Tucker Carlson, who in a segment on his show wondered what it might look like if Trump had decided he didn't want to be president anymore and was taking steps to ensure he didn't win another term, per The Washington Post.

In this "hypothetical" scenario, Carlson ran through a number of things Trump could do so that his base would turn on him — all of which line up with actual Trump administration actions or reported proposals. He noted, for example, that if Trump wanted to lose, he could raise gas taxes, something the administration is reportedly considering and an idea that Carlson said is "so mindless and counterproductive there's literally no way you could get re-elected after doing it." Later, he told Trump he should definitely "go with the gas tax" if he secretly wants "to retire early" and is "really sick of the job."

Proposing cuts to Medicare and E-Verify would also be ways Trump could undermine his re-election chances, Carlson argued, as well as continuing "our pointless military intervention in Syria." These, again, are not hypothetical scenarios at all.

“If the president did all that, the message would be very clear: he has no idea what he ran on in 2016," Carlson said. "He just wants out.”

This was a surprisingly brutal segment from the Fox News host, although he has been critical of Trump before. Carlson in December went off on the president by saying he hasn't kept his promises to voters and suggested that due to his lack of legislative experience, he is not "capable" of doing so. Watch Carlson's segment below.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love Tucker. He even managed an anti-war trope in there with references to Syria.

I don't think Trump wants to lose. There's a long way between now and then and we will just have to watch it play out. In the end it will come down to jerbs. As long as Trump keeps those numbers up he'll win.

President Trump said Thursday he was interested in a new arms control pact with China and Russia to reduce "ridiculous" military spending. Trump said a possible disarmament pact would follow a trade deal.

MSM: Trump doesn't want to be president any more.

Trump is more likely to not run for 2020 if he thought he was going to lose than purposely trying to throw the election. If he didn't want to be elected, he'd drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Trump is more likely to not run for 2020 if he thought he was going to lose than purposely trying to throw the election. If he didn't want to be elected, he'd drop out.
    But he can't be seen as a quitter or loser. Even if he wants to lose, it has to be done in a way where he can blame somebody else. In 2016 it was going to be the fault of five million illegal immigrants.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-05-2019 at 06:45 PM.

It's a tightrope.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If Trump doesn't want to get reelected, he'll come out and say it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    He has said it to me by putting Israel first, by ignoring Israel's constant war crimes, and land robbery,
    hostile occupations.
    Not seeing that Hilary was indicted, calling her a nice person.
    ''get the guns , try due process after''
    Not killing Obama care as promised.
    Allowing the PATRIOT ACT TO CONTINUE
    TSA
    NSA
    NDAA
    DHS
    Get Assange
    End the endless wars by continuing them

There have been so good things for sure, but I'm done with trump , he has shown
    me where his allegiance is.