Thread: 2020: She who shall not be named

2020: She who shall not be named

What makes the media hate Tulsi Gabbard so much? She is being blacked out, the same way certain other candidates have been. Is this purely the MIC/neoconservative lobby, and their propaganda arm which is the mainstream media, believing that she might be bad for the war business? Is it as simple as that? Do all of the other candidates have some kind of back room understanding that anti-war positions will never seriously be taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Guess we’ll never know where the one who must not be mentioned is polling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Even if she takes 2nd place in Iowa.
    And it’s already happening. Ended up stuck watching MSNBC earlier today, and they put up statistics on how much Democrat candidates raised in the first quarter. The numbers were under pictures of the candidates, in no special order. They talked about many of them. If you scanned quickly, you could see that Tulsi Gabbard was second in donations behind Bernie Sanders.

The next graphic was some kind of selected poll, this time in order, and it must have had at least 8 candidates on the list, none of which was Gabbard. Guess that means that she was 9th in that poll. The next graphic was once again ordered by selected poll numbers, and they added money raised and Google search stats. Because it was ordered based on their selected polls, Gabbard was no where to be found. It allowed them to talk about money raised without mentioning Gabbard or even having her on the list. This is premediatated and intentional manipulation.

Deja vu, all over again. Wouldn’t it be ironic if she comes in second in Iowa...
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No worries though, the Dems have plenty of candidates, so you don’t need to know about all of them. Better to get in-depth with just a few, like Biden (in a negative way), Kamala (in a nothing but praise way), Beto (the great hope), and Booty-judge (the wonder boy).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What makes the media hate Tulsi Gabbard so much? She is being blacked out, the same way certain other candidates have been. Is this purely the MIC/neoconservative lobby, and their propaganda arm which is the mainstream media, believing that she might be bad for the war business? Is it as simple as that? Do all of the other candidates have some kind of back room understanding that anti-war positions will never seriously be taken?

And it’s already happening. Ended up stuck watching MSNBC earlier today, and they put up statistics on how much Democrat candidates raised in the first quarter. The numbers were under pictures of the candidates, in no special order. They talked about many of them. If you scanned quickly, you could see that Tulsi Gabbard was second in donations behind Bernie Sanders.

The next graphic was some kind of selected poll, this time in order, and it must have had at least 8 candidates on the list, none of which was Gabbard. Guess that means that she was 9th in that poll. The next graphic was once again ordered by selected poll numbers, and they added money raised and Google search stats. Because it was ordered based on their selected polls, Gabbard was no where to be found. It allowed them to talk about money raised without mentioning Gabbard or even having her on the list. This is premediatated and intentional manipulation.

Deja vu, all over again. Wouldn’t it be ironic if she comes in second in Iowa...

Exactly, welcome to 2012;

Ron Paul , leading so many polls, winning debates, unprecedented surge in popularity.

MSM (there is no Ron Paul this election cycle) , ...candidates with less than 3% of
    anything, getting massive coverage 24/7 .

All networks reading from the same script, conspiracy at its core, collusion, bold faced lies , and lies through omission.

She done got Ron pauled

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Not a serious contender. Dems have Clinton , Biden & Bernie , thats enough heavyweights for at least two more election cycles .
    Do something Danke

Who does the Washington Neoconservative Post (WaPo) like?

The top 15 Democratic presidential candidates of 2020, ranked

15. Former attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr.:
    14. Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe:
    13. Washington Gov. Jay Inslee:
    12. Former housing and urban development secretary Julián Castro:
    11. Hillary Clinton:
    10. Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg:
    9. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.):
    8. Sen. Sherrod Brown (Ohio): I
    7. Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.):
    6. Former congressman Beto O’Rourke (Tex.):
    5. Former vice president Joe Biden:
    4. Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.):
    3. Sen Elizabeth Warren (Mass.):
    2. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.):
    1. Sen. Kamala D. Harris (Calif.)

They will never forgive her for being anti-gay. Flip flopping on that issue is also awkward too.

You're right to highlight this Brian. I can't believe after 12 years they're doing the same they did to Ron. It seems she is totally blacklisted.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    You're right to highlight this Brian. I can't believe after 12 years they're doing the same they did to Ron. It seems she is totally blacklisted.
    They're not going to stop. It works.

Remember Lincoln Chafee's 2016 run? Remember Jim Webb's?

These psychos are just like abusive spouses. You can say you don't want what they give you until you're blue in the face. But as long as we keep coming back for more of it, we'll keep getting more of it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-05-2019 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

I've noticed the same thing.

I wouldn't support her. But I can't deny that she has a lot going for her as a presidential candidate. She's arguably the most charismatic, and frankly good looking, candidate of the bunch, especially among the female candidates--and in the Democrat party being a female candidate itself should be a plus. Being from the House of Representatives puts her lower down on the credibility scale than some of the other candidates, but not as far down as being mayor of South Bend.

And that brings up the question of what the difference is between her and Buttigieg, since he's getting so much more coverage than she is. Well, one reason is that, unless I'm mistaken, he's more of an interventionist war hawk, probably not just more of one than she is, but more of one than most of the Democrat field, and I suspect that, while he hasn't made a big deal out of that in his public campaigning, he has been working behind the scenes to make sure power brokers know that about him.

Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    They will never forgive her for being anti-gay. Flip flopping on that issue is also awkward too.
    That's just the issue they use as an excuse to push her off to the side because of her views on foreign policy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I've noticed the same thing.

I wouldn't support her. But I can't deny that she has a lot going for her as a presidential candidate. She's arguably the most charismatic, and frankly good looking, candidate of the bunch, especially among the female candidates--and in the Democrat party being a female candidate itself should be a plus. Being from the House of Representatives puts her lower down on the credibility scale than some of the other candidates, but not as far down as being mayor of South Bend.

And that brings up the question of what the difference is between her and Buttigieg, since he's getting so much more coverage than she is. Well, one reason is that, unless I'm mistaken, he's more of an interventionist war hawk, probably not just more of one than she is, but more of one than most of the Democrat field, and I suspect that, while he hasn't made a big deal out of that in his public campaigning, he has been working behind the scenes to make sure power brokers know that about him.
    Bill Kristol likes Buttigieg, and he is notorious for finding ex-military candidates and screening them behind the scenes.

...many conservatives said they loved the military veteran from the heartland. ... Prominent Trump critic and former Weekly Standard chief Bill Kristol dreamed of a general-election matchup between Buttigieg and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, who is reportedly considering a primary challenge to Trump.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/conser...pete-buttigieg

Bill Kristol likes Buttigieg, and he is notorious for finding ex-military candidates and screening them behind the scenes.
    If Billy Kristol is for him, that's just good enough for me!

This guy can go to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

Some LGBT activists may feel that way, but they are not the mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's just the issue they use as an excuse to push her off to the side because of her views on foreign policy.
    Yeah, just a diversionary tactic to pile on her as much as possible. They would love her if she was a MIC hawk. They are more than willing to overlook everything in Kamala Harris’ past, and make her their favorite.

Interesting to see the excitement here over a Muslim woman who favors making Medicare for everybody.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...mpaign-1225758

There has been little traditional about Gabbard’s presidential campaign from the start, when she went on CNN in mid-January to say she was running — and then waited two weeks to put out a launch video and another week-plus after that to hold an official kickoff event. During that time, Gabbard’s campaign manager and her digital consulting firm split from the campaign.

“There’s no real political leadership team there,” said the former Sanders adviser.

Meanwhile, while others running for president jumped into the 2020 field with backing from home-state congressional colleagues, Gabbard was embroiled in a bitter public feud with Democratic Sen. Mazie Hirono, and she had to backtrack and apologize for past comments about same-sex marriage and her work for an anti-gay group.

A recent Des Moines Register survey in Iowa found Gabbard polling near the bottom of the Democratic primary field.

Her campaign has recovered from its initial launch fumbles and added a few staffers, including Noland Chambliss, a veteran Democratic activist and field operative. But still the campaign is largely operating outside typical Democratic and progressive circles.

“I have no contact with her or her campaign. I don’t even know anyone that’s working with her or her campaign,” said Jane Kleeb, chair of the Nebraska Democratic Party, who along with Gabbard supported Sanders in the 2016 presidential race.
    The underdog Democratic candidate has dropped into early caucus and primary states like Iowa and New Hampshire, and on Friday, Gabbard’s campaign announced a pair of town halls in Nevada. But Gabbard, who is Hindu, has focused more on stopping in communities with large South Asian communities in states with less 2020 influence — a scattershot approach that calls into question whether Gabbard and her noninterventionist foreign policy can make a mark on the 2020 race.

“She does not seem to be following the lockstep early-state cadence,” said veteran Democratic strategist Jennifer Holdsworth.

The schedule has baffled Democratic operatives. Former Gabbard staffers, who declined to go on the record for this story, were equally confused, saying they would not have advised the approach she’s taken.

“It does appear to me that her candidacy is really not one that’s trying to win, it’s one that’s trying to bring a foreign policy perspective to the race in terms of nontraditional alliances and nonaggression and form a peace plank,” said a former adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders in 2016, when Gabbard served as one of the few congressional surrogates for the Vermont senator’s presidential campaign. “So she doesn’t care about going to South Carolina because she’s not legitimately trying to seize the nomination.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-05-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Thank you so much for pointing that out. When the blackout is not in effect, there are the occasional hit pieces. As the resident spokesman for the establishment, you are our best source of current propaganda.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wasn't Obama anti-gay as well in 08? They forgave him for that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Woah, woah, woah.. anti-gay? I don't think any of these people were ever "anti-gay".

In 2004, Obama was for gay rights, but believed that civil unions were good enough and they didn't need to get married.

In 2008, it is believed he changed his position, but there is some debate on that.

Hillary was still anti-gay marriage in 2008 when Obama defeated her, but since changed her position.

Tulsi Gabbard fought against gay marriage and also believed that homosexuality should not be normalized and was against the idea that homosexual advocacy groups go into schools to teach kids that.

Her dad was very much opposed to the "gay agenda" that promoted homosexual behavior and some of that rubbed off on her.

IMO, none of that except for some of the stuff the father did is "anti-gay" that I am aware of. The father had a radio program that was dedicated to fighting the gay agenda. I'm not against gay people at all, but I also don't think it should be promoted as something that is positive, especially to children. But I also wouldn't start a radio show to fight it.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-05-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Everyone should remember that Tulsi is

THE ONLY CANDIDATE SO FAR TO TALK ABOUT ENDING THE ILLEGAL, IMMORAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL "REGIME CHANGE" WARS

that the US has spent TRILLIONS of dollars on.

The good thing is that this money is gone and can't benefit the next generations of Killer Americans, who have sat on their fat rear ends while psychopaths in their government have paraded around the world, bombing and invading this country and that, drone bombing wedding parties and funerals and their ex-Secretary of State (the "Chief Diplomat" LOL) laughed about the brutal killing of the Leader of a Sovereign State

Tulsi Gabbard is also the only one in the US GOV to tell dumbed-down Americans that their dirty, lying, corrupt Government is DIRECTLY FUNDING ISIS AND AL-QUEDA.

Where's Rand on this? Too busy playing golf and trying to be an insider?

I'm volunteering to help Tulsi get elected in 2020, until someone better comes along, and proud to do so.

HELP TULSI GET ON THE DEMO-RAT DEBATE STAGE and the world will see the warmongers on display

The DNC requires 65,000 unique donors to qualify for the debates — will you join us?

EVEN $1.00 COUNTS

https://www.tulsi2020.com/

“I’m not advocating everyone go out and run around with no clothes on and smoke pot, I’m not a libertarian. I’m a libertarian Republican. I’m a constitutional conservative”-Rand Paul
    “Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event—like a new Pearl Harbor.” PNAC report September 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    Everyone should remember that Tulsi is

THE ONLY CANDIDATE SO FAR TO TALK ABOUT ENDING THE ILLEGAL, IMMORAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL "REGIME CHANGE" WARS

that the US has spent TRILLIONS of dollars on.

The good thing is that this money is gone and can't benefit the next generations of Killer Americans, who have sat on their fat rear ends while psychopaths in their government have paraded around the world, bombing and invading this country and that, drone bombing wedding parties and funerals and their ex-Secretary of State (the "Chief Diplomat" LOL) laughed about the brutal killing of the Leader of a Sovereign State

Tulsi Gabbard is also the only one in the US GOV to tell dumbed-down Americans that their dirty, lying, corrupt Government is DIRECTLY FUNDING ISIS AND AL-QUEDA.

Where's Rand on this? Too busy playing golf and trying to be an insider?

I'm volunteering to help Tulsi get elected in 2020, until someone better comes along, and proud to do so.

HELP TULSI GET ON THE DEMO-RAT DEBATE STAGE and the world will see the warmongers on display

The DNC requires 65,000 unique donors to qualify for the debates — will you join us?

EVEN $1.00 COUNTS

https://www.tulsi2020.com/

I will not contribute money to someone who votes for the wars she speaks against.

I'm funny that way.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Who does the Washington Neoconservative Post (WaPo) like?

The top 15 Democratic presidential candidates of 2020, ranked
    Yep , thats pretty much it , the top six or so are the top three in ea of the first two states and after that the competition will dwindle.
    Do something Danke

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...abbard-n964261

Russia's propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard

The Russian propaganda machine that tried to influence the 2016 U.S. election is now promoting the presidential aspirations of a controversial Hawaii Democrat who earlier this month declared her intention to run for president in 2020.

An NBC News analysis of the main English-language news sites employed by Russia in its 2016 election meddling shows Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, who is set to make her formal announcement Saturday, has become a favorite of the sites Moscow used when it interfered in 2016.

Several experts who track websites and social media linked to the Kremlin have also seen what they believe may be the first stirrings of an upcoming Russian campaign of support for Gabbard.

Since Gabbard announced her intention to run on Jan. 11, there have been at least 20 Gabbard stories on three major Moscow-based English-language websites affiliated with or supportive of the Russian government: RT, the Russian-owned TV outlet; Sputnik News, a radio outlet; and Russia Insider, a blog that experts say closely follows the Kremlin line. The CIA has called RT and Sputnik part of "Russia's state-run propaganda machine."

All three sites celebrated Gabbard's announcement, defended her positions on Russia and her 2017 meeting with Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad, and attacked those who have suggested she is a pawn for Moscow. The coverage devoted to Gabbard, both in news and commentary, exceeds that afforded to any of the declared or rumored Democratic candidates despite Gabbard's lack of voter recognition.

Gabbard was mentioned on the three sites about twice as often as two of the best known Democratic possibilities for 2020, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, each with 10 stories. Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren had fewer. In each case, the other contenders were treated more critically than Gabbard, with headlines like "'Don't Run': Vermont Paper Begs Bernie Sanders Not to Seek US Presidency in 2020" and "Sexist much? Biden blames 'conservative blonde woman' for shutdown, 'forgets' Ann Coulter's name."

"Her promulgation of positions compatible with Russian geo strategic interests can help them mainstream such discussion in the [Democratic] party," said Alex Stamos, former chief security officer at Facebook and now an NBC News analyst. Gabbard, said Stamos, helps them with all their "lines of attack."
    But Gabbard's most controversial position and the one where she's most in line with Russian interests is on Syria. She's accused the U.S. of pushing a policy of "regime change" wars and in January 2017, she met with Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad in Syria on what she called a "fact-finding mission."

RT began defending Gabbard as soon as she announced. A behavioral science expert who studies social media tweeted out a vow on Jan. 11 to start a GoFundMe campaign to finance a reporting trip to Gabbard's Hawaii district. Reporters for RT's television network pounced, calling it "an investigative vacation" and a "beachside investigation" by an "establishment Democrat."

On Jan. 12, the day after Gabbard announced, RT headlined her decision this way: "'Putin puppet' vs 'Assad shill': Dems & Reps unite in panic over Gabbard challenging Trump in 2020."

The unsigned article claimed, "With Representative Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) entering the 2020 presidential fray, establishment figures on both Right and Left are scrambling to smear the anti-war congresswoman with impeccable identity-politics bona fides. Ever since her 2017 visit to Syria, Gabbard has been condemned for daring to seek firsthand accounts rather than blindly trusting the MSM narrative, so on Friday the pundits were again off to the races, with fresh accusations of Assad-sympathizing."

On Jan. 16, Lee Stranahan, one of the co-hosts on "Fault Line," a Washington-based program on Sputnik News, admitted that the debates should be the focus for Gabbard.

"The significant thing about her being in the race is because one of her main issues is peace and specifically on Syria, where she is telling the truth on Syria," said Stranahan, who joined Sputnik after stints at Breitbart News, the right-wing news site. "I think she is going to change the debate. If she can get through the first few months, and make it to actual debates, is there a big millionaire or billionaire that will support Tulsi Gabbard."

The same day, conservative writer Hunter Derensis noted on Russia Insider, "In line with her thinking on Syria, she lacks the anti-Russian stance of other Democratic politicians. 'How does going to war with Russia over Syria serve the interest of the American people?' she mentioned in a tweet. Gabbard has also supported Trump's diplomatic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in one of her multiple appearances with Tucker Carlson."

That story was headlined, "Heroic Tulsi Gabbard Will Run on Her Sensible Foreign Policy. Expect Democrats, Faux Progressives to Squeal."

In articles on the Russian sites, Gabbard is described as a "rebel," who is "straight-talking" and a "heroic" candidate who will "shake up" the establishment.

Coverage of other Democratic presidential hopefuls in pro-Kremlin media has been for the most part perfunctory, limited to candidates' announcements or summaries of their relative prospects. In recent weeks, Sputnik has poked fun at Elizabeth Warren's beer commercial and a widely circulated photo of Beto O'Rourke's in a dentist chair.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Probably handled more cock than any other president
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    12 years?

They did it 7 years ago , and more conspiratorially.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude. Really? Russia is so 2016.

Pretty much a given all hawaii congressmen and senators are russian spies .
    Do something Danke