Thread: Federal Appeals Court rules prisoners have no right to free gender reassignment surgery

Federal Appeals Court rules prisoners have no right to free gender reassignment surgery

A transgender prisoner says she’ll pursue her fight to have Texas pay for gender reassignment surgery after suffering a loss at the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
    A lawyer for Vanessa Lynn Gibson, born as Scott Lynn Gibson, says she’ll ask the full 5th Circuit to rehear the case after a three-judge panel upheld the state’s policy that denies funding for the reassignment surgery.
    The state will cover hormone and mental health care treatment.
    In a 2-1 ruling published Friday, the court said refusing to facilitate the surgery does not constitute cruel and unusual punishment as defined by the Eighth Amendment.
    “Under established precedent, it can be cruel and unusual punishment to deny essential medical care to an inmate. But that does not mean prisons must provide whatever care an inmate wants,” wrote Judge James C. Ho, a Trump-appointee, in the 23-page opinion.

More at: https://outline.com/zpXFpy
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank God, but how long will this hold..........(rhetorical)

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A transgender prisoner says she’ll pursue her fight to have Texas pay for gender reassignment surgery after suffering a loss at the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
    A lawyer for Vanessa Lynn Gibson, born as Scott Lynn Gibson, says she’ll ask the full 5th Circuit to rehear the case after a three-judge panel upheld the state’s policy that denies funding for the reassignment surgery.
    The state will cover hormone and mental health care treatment.
    In a 2-1 ruling published Friday, the court said refusing to facilitate the surgery does not constitute cruel and unusual punishment as defined by the Eighth Amendment.
    “Under established precedent, it can be cruel and unusual punishment to deny essential medical care to an inmate. But that does not mean prisons must provide whatever care an inmate wants,” wrote Judge James C. Ho, a Trump-appointee, in the 23-page opinion.

More at: https://outline.com/zpXFpy

I'd like to see the Supreme Court take this, and say, no to all of the tranny stuff. No, that's not a thing, and you're all crazy. Here's the argument now, do you get institutionalized because you're a danger to yourself, cutting your junk off and whatnot, or do you not? Do doctors lose their licenses for performing sex change operations? Enough of this, it's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    I'd like to see the Supreme Court take this, and say, no to all of the tranny stuff. No, that's not a thing, and you're all crazy. Here's the argument now, do you get institutionalized because you're a danger to yourself, cutting your junk off and whatnot, or do you not? Do doctors lose their licenses for performing sex change operations? Enough of this, it's insane.
    +Rep
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Lefty weirdos are immune to logic and reasoning. It's what separates conservatives from progressives. They cannot comprehend logic, when logic was never taught to them.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."