Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS to pursue an aggressive executive crackdown on immigration

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...66528470630400

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's crackdown on immigration by funding $5billion in support services at the border. Then we can call it a win for immigration enforcement, as Pelosi feigns disappointment.

It's all so ridiculous. How do people not see right through these performance artists?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Let's crackdown on immigration by funding $5billion in support services at the border. Then we can call it a win for immigration enforcement, as Pelosi feigns disappointment.

It's all so ridiculous. How do people not see right through these performance artists?
    We should just let them all in because we don't have the facilities to hold them?

Trump is doing what he can but Congress, the courts and bad laws are in his way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We should just let them all in because we don't have the facilities to hold them?

Trump is doing what he can but Congress, the courts and bad laws are in his way.
    Are you sure you're not a Dem yourself? You play the victim card better than any Dem I've ever seen.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Are you sure you're not a Dem yourself? You play the victim card better than any Dem I've ever seen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm still waiting for that tweet. You know, the one that says something like: "PAF can not stand welfare and free rides. So I'm going to make an announcement on TV, rally the base and have them call every congress critter in their district, maybe announce a national emergency so that I can sign a dreaded EO to stop the payments - even temporarily."

Though, I would be afraid that if it is another national emergency he might put more funding in there for more African refugees, like he did the last time - it's "on the record".
    Last edited by PAF; 06-28-2019 at 09:33 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

The installation of 11 new miles of border wall began on Thursday in Calexico, California. The project includes the construction of 30-foot tall steel bollards and what the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency says are technology improvements.
    The new border wall system replaces what officials called "dilapidated and outdated" designs.

The construction start for this project was announced earlier this month, along with the new border wall project in Tecate, California.
    Construction for both of these projects, which total approximately 15 miles, is anticipated to continue into 2020 and are funded under a 2018 appropriation separate from President Trump's National Emergency Declaration.

More at: http://www.fox5ny.com/news/new-borde...-in-california

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The so-called Remain in Mexico program for U.S. asylum seekers expanded to another Mexican border city Tuesday with the arrival of a first group of migrants to Nuevo Laredo.The 10 migrants had crossed the border to seek U.S. asylum Monday and will now have to wait in Mexico as their applications are processed.
    Lucía Ascencio of Venezuela had waited for three months in Nuevo Laredo with her husband and two young sons just for the chance to make her asylum petition in Laredo, Texas. She was stunned by her return to Mexico as they walked from the bridge carrying plastic bags containing a bottle of water, a bottle of juice and an orange.
    "We hadn't thought that they were going to send us back," she said. Her family was given a date in September to return for the next step in their process.
    A spokeswoman with Mexico's immigration agency confirmed that the first group of 10 returned Tuesday under the program, which is formally known as the Migrant Protection Protocols.
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security officials did not immediately comment, but U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced Tuesday that migrant apprehensions along the southwest border dropped 28% in June compared to May.

"We are working with the government of Mexico to expand Migrant Protection Protocols to allow the U.S. to more effectively assist legitimate asylum-seekers and individuals fleeing persecution and deter migrants with false or meritless claims from making the journey," the statement said.
    Asylum applicants were previously released into the U.S. with notices to appear in court.
    The program was already operating in the Mexican border cities of Tijuana, Mexicali and Ciudad Juarez. More than 18,000 mostly Central American migrants had been returned to those cities through the first week in July, according Mexican officials.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-returns-fi...182955863.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The installation of 11 new miles of border wall began on Thursday in Calexico, California. The project includes the construction of 30-foot tall steel bollards and what the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency says are technology improvements.
    The new border wall system replaces what officials called "dilapidated and outdated" designs.

The construction start for this project was announced earlier this month, along with the new border wall project in Tecate, California.
    Construction for both of these projects, which total approximately 15 miles, is anticipated to continue into 2020 and are funded under a 2018 appropriation separate from President Trump's National Emergency Declaration.

More at: http://www.fox5ny.com/news/new-borde...-in-california
    More "replacement wall" rather than "new wall".

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    More "replacement wall" rather than "new wall".
    If it replaces inadequate wall it is just as good and we are getting both.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

None of it matters until they end the cash cow, which they will never do. On top of the $4.6 Billion comfy-cozy bucks they just passed I will still be paying for a replacement wall which = even MORE money down the crapper.

It is all a manufactured crisis anyway since he took office in order to implement domestic apparatus. That is what the MIC wants, and that is what the MIC will get. Time to step up with technology and do an entire overhaul.

For starters.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    None of it matters until they end the cash cow, which they will never do. On top of the $4.6 Billion comfy-cozy bucks they just passed I will still be paying for a replacement wall which = even MORE money down the crapper.
    Trump is working on that too.

It is all a manufactured crisis anyway since he took office

in order to implement domestic apparatus. That is what the MIC wants, and that is what the MIC will get. Time to step up with technology and do an entire overhaul.
    If you allow the invasion to continue the pressure for police state measures will continue.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is working on that too.

If you allow the invasion to continue the pressure for police state measures will continue.

If not this, then that... the MIC will ensure that it profits - AND that you pay for it.

Get back to me in a few short years and let me know how it works out for you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

About 50 miles of brand new wall has been completed by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) along the United States’ southwest border, with more expected to be constructed, according to acting Commissioner Mark Morgan.
    “Fifty miles of new border wall on the Southwest border and construction continues every day,” Morgan announced in a July 10 Twitter post. “Construction is underway for more than 50 additional miles and more contract awards are anticipated by the end of the year.”
    Accompanying Morgan’s Twitter post were a few photos, some showing the construction process—others depicting the finished product. It didn’t say exactly where the new wall was being built.

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan said last month that each week, about two miles of additional border wall are being built.
    “[It’s] coming along aggressively,” McAleenan told Trump during a meeting at the White House on June 12. “By the end of next year, over 400 miles [will be built].”

More at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/cbp-co...y_2998480.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Trump administration on Friday asked the Supreme Court to intervene and issue an order that would allow it to move forward and use military funds for a wall on the southern border.
    In the filing, the administration asked the court to lift a district court order that placed a permanent injunction on the Trump administration’s diversion of some military funds for the border wall.

Solicitor General Noel Francisco wrote in his filing that he is asking for the justices to issue an “immediate administrative stay” of the injunction, as the Department of Justice appeals it to the 9th Circuit.

The Supreme Court is on recess until October, but does release orders during the summer months.

More at: https://thehill.com/regulation/court...nds-for-border

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Trump administration is closing in on the saboteur responsible for leaking information about planned ICE raids to stop the deportation of illegal immigrants.
    Anna Giaritelli reports Friday that acting DHS secretary Kevin McAleenan is being investigated in a non-criminal internal investigation into the damaging leaks.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaki...out-ice-raids/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It is the only way we can find everybody who is not legally in the country.
    Dawg the Bounty Hunter?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

The Trump administration is closing in on the saboteur responsible for leaking information about planned ICE raids to stop the deportation of illegal immigrants.
    Anna Giaritelli reports Friday that acting DHS secretary Kevin McAleenan is being investigated in a non-criminal internal investigation into the damaging leaks.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaki...out-ice-raids/

Amid a surge of Congolese migrants at the southern border — many of whom have already gained access to the United States and settled in San Antonio — The Center for Immigration Studies now reports that 35,000 more African migrants are headed to America’s southern border on the same general path trekked by Central American migrant hordes.

Big League Politics reported:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health, as well as New York City and state and local governments began preparing for a possible Ebola outbreak shortly before the current Congolese migrant invasion on our southern border, as the Congo migrants journeyed from Africa to the United States.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Amid a surge of Congolese migrants at the southern border — many of whom have already gained access to the United States and settled in San Antonio — The Center for Immigration Studies now reports that 35,000 more African migrants are headed to America’s southern border on the same general path trekked by Central American migrant hordes.

Big League Politics reported:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health, as well as New York City and state and local governments began preparing for a possible Ebola outbreak shortly before the current Congolese migrant invasion on our southern border, as the Congo migrants journeyed from Africa to the United States.
    We are going to need to militarize the border when Mexico turns into Venezuela anyway so we should just get it over with.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We are going to need to militarize the border when Mexico turns into Venezuela anyway so we should just get it over with.
    How long does Mexico have? Ya think?

wait,...we'll just give them aid and prop them up.

How long does Mexico have? Ya think?
    10 years.......................maybe

wait,...we'll just give them aid and prop them up.
    That will only make it worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Early next week, according to a D.H.S. official, the Trump Administration is expected to announce a major immigration deal, known as a safe-third-country agreement, with Guatemala. For weeks, there have been reports that negotiations were under way between the two countries, but, until now, none of the details were official. According to a draft of the agreement obtained by The New Yorker, asylum seekers from any country who either show up at U.S. ports of entry or are apprehended while crossing between ports of entry could be sent to seek asylum in Guatemala instead. During the past year, tens of thousands of migrants, the vast majority of them from Central America, have arrived at the U.S. border seeking asylum each month. By law, the U.S. must give them a chance to bring their claims before authorities, even though there’s currently a backlog in the immigration courts of roughly a million cases. The Trump Administration has tried a number of measures to prevent asylum seekers from entering the country—from “metering” at ports of entry to forcing people to wait in Mexico—but, in every case, international obligations held that the U.S. would eventually have to hear their asylum claims. Under this new arrangement, most of these migrants will no longer have a chance to make an asylum claim in the U.S. at all. “We’re talking about something much bigger than what the term ‘safe third country’ implies,” someone with knowledge of the deal told me. “We’re talking about a kind of transfer agreement where the U.S. can send any asylum seekers, not just Central Americans, to Guatemala.”

More at: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...s-to-guatemala

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Early next week, according to a D.H.S. official, the Trump Administration is expected to announce a major immigration deal, known as a safe-third-country agreement, with Guatemala. For weeks, there have been reports that negotiations were under way between the two countries, but, until now, none of the details were official. According to a draft of the agreement obtained by The New Yorker, asylum seekers from any country who either show up at U.S. ports of entry or are apprehended while crossing between ports of entry could be sent to seek asylum in Guatemala instead. During the past year, tens of thousands of migrants, the vast majority of them from Central America, have arrived at the U.S. border seeking asylum each month. By law, the U.S. must give them a chance to bring their claims before authorities, even though there’s currently a backlog in the immigration courts of roughly a million cases. The Trump Administration has tried a number of measures to prevent asylum seekers from entering the country—from “metering” at ports of entry to forcing people to wait in Mexico—but, in every case, international obligations held that the U.S. would eventually have to hear their asylum claims. Under this new arrangement, most of these migrants will no longer have a chance to make an asylum claim in the U.S. at all. “We’re talking about something much bigger than what the term ‘safe third country’ implies,” someone with knowledge of the deal told me. “We’re talking about a kind of transfer agreement where the U.S. can send any asylum seekers, not just Central Americans, to Guatemala.”

More at: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...s-to-guatemala

Sounds to me like more maneuvering, which will require more government bureaucracy, and still does not address the root cause/solution.

I have never met anybody who loves government as much as you. Even among democrats :-O

Sounds to me like more maneuvering, which will require more government bureaucracy, and still does not address the root cause/solution.

I have never met anybody who loves government as much as you. Even among democrats :-O

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't typically reference this site but it sees it pretty much like I do. My solution, and Ron's, is to end the Welfare/Incentives and simply be done with it once and for all. This would apply to any government involved, so here ya go:

No matter how the United States spins it, it is hard to see how a safe-third-country agreement with Mexico would help to streamline or improve current processes or alleviate regional migratory pressures. The Trump administration’s promotion of such an agreement is not framed around burden sharing or addressing root causes but more narrowly focused on moving a significant portion of asylum decisions south of the U.S. border. Other facets of U.S. policy for addressing Central American migration—such as the Alliance for Prosperity, which provides economic and security assistance to Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador—have sought to bring in Mexico as a partner. But the Trump administration’s language surrounding the recent safe-third-country proposals has notably not incorporated this idea of working together on a shared challenge.

The larger problem here is that zero-tolerance, safe-third-country agreements, and other deterrence policies are being presented as solutions to migration issues. They are not. None of these policies will solve the challenges surrounding migration nor eliminate the flow of migrants. Rather, moving forward on these challenges means addressing the structural issues that are driving migrants to leave Central America, the factors pulling them to the United States, and a lack of legal pathways to bridge the gap. Any migration policy that adds layers of enforcement and bureaucracy; requires extensive cross-border coordination across multiple agencies; and does not address the broader forces at play is unlikely to achieve its objectives. Instead, a safe-third-country agreement is more suitably described as a recipe for a logistical, legal and humanitarian headache.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/safe-thi...ory-challenges

I don't typically reference this site but it sees it pretty much like I do. My solution, and Ron's, is to end the Welfare/Incentives and simply be done with it once and for all. This would apply to any government involved, so here ya go:
    Keeping them out/throwing them out is just as important as ending the incentives.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast