Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: POTUS to pursue an aggressive executive crackdown on immigration

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    they need volunteers @TheTexan
    Maybe after my P100 mask arrives in the mail. It's probably not a good idea to be around Mexicans without a mask. Plus they might have coronavirus.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

https://twitter.com/USBPChief/status...82481272262656

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump’s long-promised border wall is working.
    The new chief of Border Patrol, which is under U.S. Customs and Border Protection, revealed that the parts of the new “wall system” are 90% “effective,” up from just 10% before it was built, replacing a ragtag of broken fencing.
    “It changes everything,” said Chief Rodney Scott, of the 135-136 miles of new wall, roadways, and high-tech spyware. “There is a huge return on investment,” he added.
    “This system is going to have a huge impact,” added Deputy Chief Raul Ortiz.
    Border Wall System update:

▫️ 131 miles completed
    ▫️ 208 miles under construction
    ▫️ 414 miles in pre-construction pic.twitter.com/QdZVAdWRrj
    — Chief Rodney Scott (@USBPChief) March 2, 2020

In the San Diego area, Scott said that the wall has essentially ended illegal crossings of humans and cars.
    And, in an added benefit, it now requires 150 fewer border agents, a savings of $28 million in salaries and benefits, he said at a press briefing, his first since he and Ortiz took over CBP in January.
    Plus, with a better border road, vehicles that once fell apart at 40,000-60,000 miles now last to 100,000 miles before they are auctioned off.
    “There is return after return,” said Scott.
    The wall is especially good at stopping trucks and cars, he said, because it takes too much time and effort to saw through several wall bollards needed to make an opening that is big enough to drive through.
    “The border wall system all but stopped that completely,” he said.
    As a result, drug cartels have changed tactics, building expensive tunnels and trying to sneak drugs in on vehicles passing through border entry points. But that isn’t effective, he said.
    “It shut down that entire threat. Anywhere we built the border wall system, the first thing it does is shut off those drive-throughs. The second thing is, it shuts off massive amounts of people coming through at the same time. So, it’s forced the drug cartels, especially El Chapo’s group, Sinaloa, to shift tactics,” he said.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...p-from-just-10
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 03-12-2020 at 01:45 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Trump administration announced Tuesday that it will be indefinitely extending the public health order it has used to seal the country's borders to unauthorized migrants, including asylum-seekers and unaccompanied children, during the coronavirus pandemic.

Authorities have used the directive to rapidly remove most border-crossers without proper documents to Mexico, Canada or their home countries and to bypass the immigration, asylum and anti-trafficking laws that govern the processing of migrants. More than 20,000 migrants were expelled from the U.S. southern border under the order in April and the last 11 days of March.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention directive, which invokes sweeping authorities in a 1944 public health law, was first issued in late March and renewed for another 30 days last month. On Tuesday, CDC Director Robert Redfield extended the order once again. But he did not include an end date and instead decreed the order would be reviewed every 30 days.

"(The order) shall remain in effect until I determine that the danger of further introduction of COVID-19 into the United States has ceased to be a serious danger to the public health," Redfield wrote in the 12-page document published Tuesday.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security also announced on Tuesday it would continue to ban non-essential travel through the country's land borders with Mexico and Canada. The restrictions do not prohibit commercial traffic or affect U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/u-extends-cor...002118020.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beginning this week, Mexican nationals arrested for crossing the border illegally will be flown to Mexico City instead of being dropped off at ports of entry.

As border restrictions were extended on Tuesday, U.S. Customs and Border Protection decided to alter its own policy. Now, instead of immediately being returned through border crossings, detained migrants will have to wait in custody up to three days before being flown all the way to Mexico City.

Border Patrol officials said the change in policy was needed to keep Mexican nationals from repeatedly trying to cross into the United States. According to CBP, at least one migrant had been expelled and caught as many as 10 times.

People from nations other than Mexico, were already being flown back to their countries of origin.

More at: https://www.borderreport.com/news/ex...o-mexico-city/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920