Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 361

Thread: POTUS to pursue an aggressive executive crackdown on immigration

  1. #271
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #272
    https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...66528470630400

    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #273
    Let's crackdown on immigration by funding $5billion in support services at the border. Then we can call it a win for immigration enforcement, as Pelosi feigns disappointment.

    It's all so ridiculous. How do people not see right through these performance artists?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  6. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Let's crackdown on immigration by funding $5billion in support services at the border. Then we can call it a win for immigration enforcement, as Pelosi feigns disappointment.

    It's all so ridiculous. How do people not see right through these performance artists?
    We should just let them all in because we don't have the facilities to hold them?

    Trump is doing what he can but Congress, the courts and bad laws are in his way.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We should just let them all in because we don't have the facilities to hold them?

    Trump is doing what he can but Congress, the courts and bad laws are in his way.
    Are you sure you're not a Dem yourself? You play the victim card better than any Dem I've ever seen.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  8. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Are you sure you're not a Dem yourself? You play the victim card better than any Dem I've ever seen.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We should just let them all in because we don't have the facilities to hold them?

    Trump is doing what he can but Congress, the courts and bad laws are in his way.
    I'm still waiting for that tweet. You know, the one that says something like: "PAF can not stand welfare and free rides. So I'm going to make an announcement on TV, rally the base and have them call every congress critter in their district, maybe announce a national emergency so that I can sign a dreaded EO to stop the payments - even temporarily."

    Though, I would be afraid that if it is another national emergency he might put more funding in there for more African refugees, like he did the last time - it's "on the record".
    Last edited by PAF; 06-28-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  10. #278
    The installation of 11 new miles of border wall began on Thursday in Calexico, California. The project includes the construction of 30-foot tall steel bollards and what the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency says are technology improvements.
    The new border wall system replaces what officials called "dilapidated and outdated" designs.


    The construction start for this project was announced earlier this month, along with the new border wall project in Tecate, California.
    Construction for both of these projects, which total approximately 15 miles, is anticipated to continue into 2020 and are funded under a 2018 appropriation separate from President Trump's National Emergency Declaration.

    More at: http://www.fox5ny.com/news/new-borde...-in-california
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  11. #279
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #280
    The so-called Remain in Mexico program for U.S. asylum seekers expanded to another Mexican border city Tuesday with the arrival of a first group of migrants to Nuevo Laredo.The 10 migrants had crossed the border to seek U.S. asylum Monday and will now have to wait in Mexico as their applications are processed.
    Lucía Ascencio of Venezuela had waited for three months in Nuevo Laredo with her husband and two young sons just for the chance to make her asylum petition in Laredo, Texas. She was stunned by her return to Mexico as they walked from the bridge carrying plastic bags containing a bottle of water, a bottle of juice and an orange.
    "We hadn't thought that they were going to send us back," she said. Her family was given a date in September to return for the next step in their process.
    A spokeswoman with Mexico's immigration agency confirmed that the first group of 10 returned Tuesday under the program, which is formally known as the Migrant Protection Protocols.
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security officials did not immediately comment, but U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced Tuesday that migrant apprehensions along the southwest border dropped 28% in June compared to May.


    "We are working with the government of Mexico to expand Migrant Protection Protocols to allow the U.S. to more effectively assist legitimate asylum-seekers and individuals fleeing persecution and deter migrants with false or meritless claims from making the journey," the statement said.
    Asylum applicants were previously released into the U.S. with notices to appear in court.
    The program was already operating in the Mexican border cities of Tijuana, Mexicali and Ciudad Juarez. More than 18,000 mostly Central American migrants had been returned to those cities through the first week in July, according Mexican officials.

    More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-returns-fi...182955863.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The installation of 11 new miles of border wall began on Thursday in Calexico, California. The project includes the construction of 30-foot tall steel bollards and what the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency says are technology improvements.
    The new border wall system replaces what officials called "dilapidated and outdated" designs.


    The construction start for this project was announced earlier this month, along with the new border wall project in Tecate, California.
    Construction for both of these projects, which total approximately 15 miles, is anticipated to continue into 2020 and are funded under a 2018 appropriation separate from President Trump's National Emergency Declaration.

    More at: http://www.fox5ny.com/news/new-borde...-in-california
    More "replacement wall" rather than "new wall".
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  15. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    More "replacement wall" rather than "new wall".
    If it replaces inadequate wall it is just as good and we are getting both.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #283
    None of it matters until they end the cash cow, which they will never do. On top of the $4.6 Billion comfy-cozy bucks they just passed I will still be paying for a replacement wall which = even MORE money down the crapper.

    It is all a manufactured crisis anyway since he took office in order to implement domestic apparatus. That is what the MIC wants, and that is what the MIC will get. Time to step up with technology and do an entire overhaul.

    For starters.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  17. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    None of it matters until they end the cash cow, which they will never do. On top of the $4.6 Billion comfy-cozy bucks they just passed I will still be paying for a replacement wall which = even MORE money down the crapper.
    Trump is working on that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    It is all a manufactured crisis anyway since he took office



    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    in order to implement domestic apparatus. That is what the MIC wants, and that is what the MIC will get. Time to step up with technology and do an entire overhaul.
    If you allow the invasion to continue the pressure for police state measures will continue.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump is working on that too.

    If you allow the invasion to continue the pressure for police state measures will continue.

    If not this, then that... the MIC will ensure that it profits - AND that you pay for it.

    Get back to me in a few short years and let me know how it works out for you.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  19. #286
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  20. #287
    About 50 miles of brand new wall has been completed by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) along the United States’ southwest border, with more expected to be constructed, according to acting Commissioner Mark Morgan.
    “Fifty miles of new border wall on the Southwest border and construction continues every day,” Morgan announced in a July 10 Twitter post. “Construction is underway for more than 50 additional miles and more contract awards are anticipated by the end of the year.”
    Accompanying Morgan’s Twitter post were a few photos, some showing the construction process—others depicting the finished product. It didn’t say exactly where the new wall was being built.


    Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan said last month that each week, about two miles of additional border wall are being built.
    “[It’s] coming along aggressively,” McAleenan told Trump during a meeting at the White House on June 12. “By the end of next year, over 400 miles [will be built].”

    More at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/cbp-co...y_2998480.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #288
    The Trump administration on Friday asked the Supreme Court to intervene and issue an order that would allow it to move forward and use military funds for a wall on the southern border.
    In the filing, the administration asked the court to lift a district court order that placed a permanent injunction on the Trump administration’s diversion of some military funds for the border wall.

    Solicitor General Noel Francisco wrote in his filing that he is asking for the justices to issue an “immediate administrative stay” of the injunction, as the Department of Justice appeals it to the 9th Circuit.

    The Supreme Court is on recess until October, but does release orders during the summer months.

    More at: https://thehill.com/regulation/court...nds-for-border
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #289
    The Trump administration is closing in on the saboteur responsible for leaking information about planned ICE raids to stop the deportation of illegal immigrants.
    Anna Giaritelli reports Friday that acting DHS secretary Kevin McAleenan is being investigated in a non-criminal internal investigation into the damaging leaks.

    More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaki...out-ice-raids/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #290
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  25. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It is the only way we can find everybody who is not legally in the country.
    Dawg the Bounty Hunter?
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It is a deconstructionist society. In an age of overload of information, truth of words has become irrelevant. Truth of meaning is all that is left.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    You can't even handle freedom in the fake world.
    2 + 2 = 5.

  26. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The Trump administration is closing in on the saboteur responsible for leaking information about planned ICE raids to stop the deportation of illegal immigrants.
    Anna Giaritelli reports Friday that acting DHS secretary Kevin McAleenan is being investigated in a non-criminal internal investigation into the damaging leaks.

    More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaki...out-ice-raids/


    Amid a surge of Congolese migrants at the southern border — many of whom have already gained access to the United States and settled in San Antonio — The Center for Immigration Studies now reports that 35,000 more African migrants are headed to America’s southern border on the same general path trekked by Central American migrant hordes.

    Big League Politics reported:

    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health, as well as New York City and state and local governments began preparing for a possible Ebola outbreak shortly before the current Congolese migrant invasion on our southern border, as the Congo migrants journeyed from Africa to the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It is a deconstructionist society. In an age of overload of information, truth of words has become irrelevant. Truth of meaning is all that is left.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    You can't even handle freedom in the fake world.
    2 + 2 = 5.

  27. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Amid a surge of Congolese migrants at the southern border — many of whom have already gained access to the United States and settled in San Antonio — The Center for Immigration Studies now reports that 35,000 more African migrants are headed to America’s southern border on the same general path trekked by Central American migrant hordes.

    Big League Politics reported:

    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health, as well as New York City and state and local governments began preparing for a possible Ebola outbreak shortly before the current Congolese migrant invasion on our southern border, as the Congo migrants journeyed from Africa to the United States.
    We are going to need to militarize the border when Mexico turns into Venezuela anyway so we should just get it over with.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  28. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We are going to need to militarize the border when Mexico turns into Venezuela anyway so we should just get it over with.
    How long does Mexico have? Ya think?

    wait,...we'll just give them aid and prop them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It is a deconstructionist society. In an age of overload of information, truth of words has become irrelevant. Truth of meaning is all that is left.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    You can't even handle freedom in the fake world.
    2 + 2 = 5.

  29. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    How long does Mexico have? Ya think?
    10 years.......................maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    wait,...we'll just give them aid and prop them up.
    That will only make it worse.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  30. #296
    Early next week, according to a D.H.S. official, the Trump Administration is expected to announce a major immigration deal, known as a safe-third-country agreement, with Guatemala. For weeks, there have been reports that negotiations were under way between the two countries, but, until now, none of the details were official. According to a draft of the agreement obtained by The New Yorker, asylum seekers from any country who either show up at U.S. ports of entry or are apprehended while crossing between ports of entry could be sent to seek asylum in Guatemala instead. During the past year, tens of thousands of migrants, the vast majority of them from Central America, have arrived at the U.S. border seeking asylum each month. By law, the U.S. must give them a chance to bring their claims before authorities, even though there’s currently a backlog in the immigration courts of roughly a million cases. The Trump Administration has tried a number of measures to prevent asylum seekers from entering the country—from “metering” at ports of entry to forcing people to wait in Mexico—but, in every case, international obligations held that the U.S. would eventually have to hear their asylum claims. Under this new arrangement, most of these migrants will no longer have a chance to make an asylum claim in the U.S. at all. “We’re talking about something much bigger than what the term ‘safe third country’ implies,” someone with knowledge of the deal told me. “We’re talking about a kind of transfer agreement where the U.S. can send any asylum seekers, not just Central Americans, to Guatemala.”

    More at: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...s-to-guatemala


    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Early next week, according to a D.H.S. official, the Trump Administration is expected to announce a major immigration deal, known as a safe-third-country agreement, with Guatemala. For weeks, there have been reports that negotiations were under way between the two countries, but, until now, none of the details were official. According to a draft of the agreement obtained by The New Yorker, asylum seekers from any country who either show up at U.S. ports of entry or are apprehended while crossing between ports of entry could be sent to seek asylum in Guatemala instead. During the past year, tens of thousands of migrants, the vast majority of them from Central America, have arrived at the U.S. border seeking asylum each month. By law, the U.S. must give them a chance to bring their claims before authorities, even though there’s currently a backlog in the immigration courts of roughly a million cases. The Trump Administration has tried a number of measures to prevent asylum seekers from entering the country—from “metering” at ports of entry to forcing people to wait in Mexico—but, in every case, international obligations held that the U.S. would eventually have to hear their asylum claims. Under this new arrangement, most of these migrants will no longer have a chance to make an asylum claim in the U.S. at all. “We’re talking about something much bigger than what the term ‘safe third country’ implies,” someone with knowledge of the deal told me. “We’re talking about a kind of transfer agreement where the U.S. can send any asylum seekers, not just Central Americans, to Guatemala.”

    More at: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...s-to-guatemala



    Sounds to me like more maneuvering, which will require more government bureaucracy, and still does not address the root cause/solution.

    I have never met anybody who loves government as much as you. Even among democrats :-O
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  33. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Sounds to me like more maneuvering, which will require more government bureaucracy, and still does not address the root cause/solution.

    I have never met anybody who loves government as much as you. Even among democrats :-O
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  34. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

    I don't typically reference this site but it sees it pretty much like I do. My solution, and Ron's, is to end the Welfare/Incentives and simply be done with it once and for all. This would apply to any government involved, so here ya go:

    .
    .
    No matter how the United States spins it, it is hard to see how a safe-third-country agreement with Mexico would help to streamline or improve current processes or alleviate regional migratory pressures. The Trump administration’s promotion of such an agreement is not framed around burden sharing or addressing root causes but more narrowly focused on moving a significant portion of asylum decisions south of the U.S. border. Other facets of U.S. policy for addressing Central American migration—such as the Alliance for Prosperity, which provides economic and security assistance to Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador—have sought to bring in Mexico as a partner. But the Trump administration’s language surrounding the recent safe-third-country proposals has notably not incorporated this idea of working together on a shared challenge.

    The larger problem here is that zero-tolerance, safe-third-country agreements, and other deterrence policies are being presented as solutions to migration issues. They are not. None of these policies will solve the challenges surrounding migration nor eliminate the flow of migrants. Rather, moving forward on these challenges means addressing the structural issues that are driving migrants to leave Central America, the factors pulling them to the United States, and a lack of legal pathways to bridge the gap. Any migration policy that adds layers of enforcement and bureaucracy; requires extensive cross-border coordination across multiple agencies; and does not address the broader forces at play is unlikely to achieve its objectives. Instead, a safe-third-country agreement is more suitably described as a recipe for a logistical, legal and humanitarian headache.

    https://www.lawfareblog.com/safe-thi...ory-challenges
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  35. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I don't typically reference this site but it sees it pretty much like I do. My solution, and Ron's, is to end the Welfare/Incentives and simply be done with it once and for all. This would apply to any government involved, so here ya go:
    Keeping them out/throwing them out is just as important as ending the incentives.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. How much control over the executive branch does the POTUS really have?
    By timosman in forum Political Philosophy & Government Policy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2018, 09:53 AM
  2. Why Trump's Immigration Crackdown Could Sink U.S. Home Prices
    By timosman in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-26-2017, 09:00 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 02:27 PM
  4. 22 States Now Following Arizona's Illegal Immigration Crackdown
    By FrankRep in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 04:18 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •