Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS to pursue an aggressive executive crackdown on immigration

Thumbs up POTUS to pursue an aggressive executive crackdown on immigration

The White House is exploring all executive authorities in existing law that will allow an aggressive crackdown on illegal immigration and legal immigration fraud, senior adviser to the president Stephen Miller told The Daily Caller in an exclusive telephone interview.
    “There’s going to be an aggressive effort to utilize every existing authority in statute,” Miller announced, explaining that several authorities exist in immigration laws passed by Congress throughout history, including the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act.

Miller noted that the White House is “systematically reviewing all authorities that are already on the books, both in terms of cracking down on illegal immigration and […] the abuse of our legal immigration system.” The targeted abuse actions include illegal immigrants who overstay temporary visas, “combatting or addressing legal benefit seeking in the legal immigration system.”
    Noting that there are approximately 1 million illegal aliens in the United States with final removal orders that still remain at large — in some cases for several years — Miller gave one example of the type of executive action the administration can take. The presidential adviser noted that existing law has a statute that allows for a “significant financial penalty” for every single day that an alien resides in the country after being ordered removed.

Miller stressed that legal immigration abuse will be targeted aggressively, particularly “welfare seeking” by legal immigrants or in some cases “welfare tourism.” He neglected to offer a timeline for when the orders will be implemented but said that “this is going to begin right away.”
    Miller explained that the actions were designed to “dramatically raise the pressure on Congress and in particular the congressional Democrats” to pass laws reforming the U.S. immigration system.
    Explaining why it took so long into the Trump presidency to pursue such aggressive action on illegal immigration, Miller listed a litany of actions taken throughout the past two years. He also explained that many forthcoming regulations “are nearing their completion date,” and that they will “have transformative effects on our immigration system.”

More at: https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/04/...l-immigration/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Papers, please! You are now required to provide proof of citizenship to enter this building.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Papers, please! You are now required to provide proof of citizenship to enter this building.
    I don't see that anywhere but in your head.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“welfare tourism''

'Mexican isn't a race' .... Los Pierre .....

Why don't we just cut out all the incentives and build the wall....

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't see that anywhere but in your head.
    It is the only way we can find everybody who is not legally in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Why don't we just cut out all the incentives and build the wall....
    Ron Paul says we don't need more walls (we have over 600 miles of them right now).

It is the only way we can find everybody who is not legally in the country.
    We don't need 100% effectiveness.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 04-03-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul says we don't need more walls (we have over 600 miles of them right now).
    They are not working, Ron knows that, but he can't just wash out his legacy in his last hours.
    Well I hope he's here another 80 years, but hey the clock ticks for all of us.......

But you're against Ron Paul. So?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Papers, please!
    Coming from the guy who says we should have state papers for carrying firearms.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

If you travel to other places, you are required to carry your documents. Authorities can ask for them at any time.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Donald Trump sent a message to migrants and illegal immigrants looking to cross into the United States on the Southern border on Friday.

“The system is full whether its asylum, whether its illegal immigration, our country is full, our area is full, the sector is full, we can’t take you anymore,” Trump said. “I’m sorry, so turn around, that’s the way it is.”
    The president held a roundtable meeting with Border Patrol agents and military officials at the El Centro sector in Calexico, California.

Agents at the roundtable thanked Trump for helping construct the additional barriers on the border.
    The president said he was prepared to bring in more military forces from Mexico to assist the agents on the Southern border, and promised to support the members of law enforcement at the border.
    He urged Congress to work on a plan to eliminate the loopholes exploited by immigrants from Central America.
    “It’s bad. Whether it’s catch and release or the visa lottery. So many of them. Chain migration. Total disaster,” Trump said. “The asylum laws are broken. I inherited this stuff. We’re going to get it fixed. We have to.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-you-anymore/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

DOD offered him $1 billion. Trump wants 400 miles of wall built by 2020. Can't get there on $1 billion (plus the $1.3 Congress authorized).

So many of them. Chain migration. Total disaster,” Trump said.
    Trump's mother came as a unaccompanied minor on chain migration. So did his grandfather (his father's father).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DOD offered him $1 billion. Trump wants 400 miles of wall built by 2020. Can't get there on $1 billion (plus the $1.3 Congress authorized).
    That's just for one section, there will be more.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump's mother came as a unaccompanied minor on chain migration. So did his grandfather (his father's father).
    That makes no difference.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That makes no difference.
    I guess he never really liked his family anyways.

I guess he never really liked his family anyways.
    Irrelevant and speculative.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Donald Trump sent a message to migrants and illegal immigrants looking to cross into the United States on the Southern border on Friday.

“The system is full whether its asylum, whether its illegal immigration, our country is full, our area is full, the sector is full, we can’t take you anymore,” Trump said. “I’m sorry, so turn around, that’s the way it is.”
    The president held a roundtable meeting with Border Patrol agents and military officials at the El Centro sector in Calexico, California.

Agents at the roundtable thanked Trump for helping construct the additional barriers on the border.
    The president said he was prepared to bring in more military forces from Mexico to assist the agents on the Southern border, and promised to support the members of law enforcement at the border.
    He urged Congress to work on a plan to eliminate the loopholes exploited by immigrants from Central America.
    “It’s bad. Whether it’s catch and release or the visa lottery. So many of them. Chain migration. Total disaster,” Trump said. “The asylum laws are broken. I inherited this stuff. We’re going to get it fixed. We have to.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-you-anymore/
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

With this new timeline that he has given Mexico a year to halt immigration to the US, if I'm an immigrant my first thought is I got a year deadline to make this happen. My guess is were going to see more and more and larger caravans and hoards of people. Especially before the Summer months and after Summer when the desert cools down a bit.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    With this new timeline that he has given Mexico a year to halt immigration to the US, if I'm an immigrant my first thought is I got a year deadline to make this happen. My guess is were going to see more and more and larger caravans and hoards of people. Especially before the Summer months and after Summer when the desert cools down a bit.
    The "border closing" is about the legal ports of entry, not the rest of the border, presumably he will continue to try and secure the rest of the border.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Donald Trump is preparing to roll out new executive orders to help the government better manage the record influx of illegal immigration at the southern border.
    The White House is looking to make it more difficult for low-skilled migrants to gain entry into the U.S. while making it easier for high-skilled migrants who are more likely to be self-sufficient, according to sources who spoke with Axios. The administration also wants to make it harder for asylum seekers to claim fear of returning to their home country, and it wants the ability to detain migrant children longer than the current 20-day limit.

The president’s aides have reportedly expressed interest in ending birthright citizenship, deploying more troops at the U.S.-Mexico border, expediting wall construction, and closing ports of entry along the border. Senior administration officials claimed to the New York Times that Trump has also expressed interest repeatedly in restarting family separation.

Trump, under intense scrutiny from progressive groups, ended family separation in June 2018. A revamped version of this policy reportedly being discussed in the White House is known as “binary choice.” The proposal would give illegal migrant parents a choice: voluntarily allow their kids to be separated from them, or waive their protections so they can be detained together.

More at: https://truepundit.com/trump-is-prep...tion-plan-yet/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The White House is planning on targeting remittance payments made by illegal immigrants in the wake of an ongoing migrant flood at the U.S. southern border, a senior administration official told reporters Tuesday.
    The plans to target remittance payments come amid a broader shakeup at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and future executive actions designed to curb illegal immigration. The situation at the southern border has escalated in recent weeks, with thousands of migrants arriving daily to claim asylum.

Officials say the illegal arrivals are spurred by loopholes in U.S. immigration law that allow family units claiming asylum to arrive illegally and still be released into the interior of the country with a work permit.
    The migrants are then given a court date at some point in the future to adjudicate the asylum claim, with the vast majority failing to ultimately get a favorable asylum ruling. These migrants rarely show up for deportation, with the senior administration official calling the practice “backdoor illegal immigration.”

The White House plan to go after remittance payments falls in line with a proposal from former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who is being considered to replace outgoing DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

More at: https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/04/...ance-payments/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Thumbs down Catch & Release, Sanctuary USA

Could Hillary have gotten away with this catch & release scam?. Obama couldn't match the numbers Donnell has achieved. Welcome to America, sanctuary & amnesty for all.
    Vote Reconquista Republican!

DHS Releases Nearly 8,000 Border Crossers, Illegal Aliens in One Week

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released nearly 8,000 border crossers and illegal aliens over the last week, new federal data confirms.

According to catch and release numbers obtained by Breitbart News, DHS has released about 7,935 border crossers and illegal aliens into the interior of the United States in the last seven days.

The catch and release process often entails federal immigration officials busing border crossers into nearby border cities and dropping them off with the promise that they will show up for their immigration and asylum hearings, sometimes years later. The overwhelming majority of border crossers and illegal aliens are never deported from the country once they are released into the U.S.

Since December 21, 2018, DHS has released:

• 13,200 border crossers into the San Diego, California, area
    • 23,700 border crossers into the Phoenix, Arizona, area
    • 40,600 border crossers into the El Paso, Texas, area
    • 56,000 border crossers into the San Antonio, Texas, area

In total, since the end of last year, DHS has released about 133,500 border crossers and illegal aliens into the U.S. — a population more than double the population of Portland, Maine, and nearly triple the population of Galveston, Texas. Current data suggests that DHS releases more than 1,000 border crossers and illegal aliens into the U.S. every day.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has been tasked with releasing border crossers and illegal aliens into the interior of the U.S., ICE officials have confirmed, under an agreement between former DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and ICE official Ron Vitiello.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-in-one-week/
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Could Hillary have gotten away with this catch & release scam?. Obama couldn't match the numbers Donnell has achieved. Welcome to America, sanctuary & amnesty for all.
    Vote Reconquista Republican!

DHS Releases Nearly 8,000 Border Crossers, Illegal Aliens in One Week

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released nearly 8,000 border crossers and illegal aliens over the last week, new federal data confirms.

According to catch and release numbers obtained by Breitbart News, DHS has released about 7,935 border crossers and illegal aliens into the interior of the United States in the last seven days.

The catch and release process often entails federal immigration officials busing border crossers into nearby border cities and dropping them off with the promise that they will show up for their immigration and asylum hearings, sometimes years later. The overwhelming majority of border crossers and illegal aliens are never deported from the country once they are released into the U.S.

Since December 21, 2018, DHS has released:

• 13,200 border crossers into the San Diego, California, area
    • 23,700 border crossers into the Phoenix, Arizona, area
    • 40,600 border crossers into the El Paso, Texas, area
    • 56,000 border crossers into the San Antonio, Texas, area

In total, since the end of last year, DHS has released about 133,500 border crossers and illegal aliens into the U.S. — a population more than double the population of Portland, Maine, and nearly triple the population of Galveston, Texas. Current data suggests that DHS releases more than 1,000 border crossers and illegal aliens into the U.S. every day.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has been tasked with releasing border crossers and illegal aliens into the interior of the U.S., ICE officials have confirmed, under an agreement between former DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and ICE official Ron Vitiello.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-in-one-week/

Trump is doing the best he can and he is about to do better.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The White House is planning on targeting remittance payments made by illegal immigrants in the wake of an ongoing migrant flood at the U.S. southern border, a senior administration official told reporters Tuesday.
    The plans to target remittance payments come amid a broader shakeup at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and future executive actions designed to curb illegal immigration. The situation at the southern border has escalated in recent weeks, with thousands of migrants arriving daily to claim asylum.

Officials say the illegal arrivals are spurred by loopholes in U.S. immigration law that allow family units claiming asylum to arrive illegally and still be released into the interior of the country with a work permit.
    The migrants are then given a court date at some point in the future to adjudicate the asylum claim, with the vast majority failing to ultimately get a favorable asylum ruling. These migrants rarely show up for deportation, with the senior administration official calling the practice “backdoor illegal immigration.”

The White House plan to go after remittance payments falls in line with a proposal from former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who is being considered to replace outgoing DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

More at: https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/04/...ance-payments/
    Yay! Approving government seizing private property! How libertarian!

The irony being that not allowing people to send money will encourage more to come to the US. The money supports people who live in the country it is sent to. Less money, more incentive to go to the US and look for work yourself. Or for a worker to bring his/ her family to the US to join them.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Yay! Approving government seizing private property! How libertarian!
    Ill gotten gains of criminal invaders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast