Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS to pursue an aggressive executive crackdown on immigration

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/_Montana_Bound_/...98703385862144

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If the thousands of Mexicans moving home are taken into account, the flow of migrants from the United States to Mexico is probably larger than the flow of Mexicans to the United States.

More at: https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...heading-south/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Has there been any polling on this, does GOP base support using New Zealand and Canada as a model for US?

May 16, 2019

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you. Please. Thank you. Thank you very much. We are here on this very beautiful spring day in the Rose Garden to unveil our plan to create a fair, modern, and lawful system of immigration for the United States, and it's about time.

(APPLAUSE)

Only 12 percent of legal immigrants are selected based on skill or based on merit. In countries like Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and others, that number is closer to 60 percent, and even 70 percent and 75 percent in some cases. The biggest change we make is to increase the proportion of highly skilled immigration from 12 percent to 57 percent, and we'd like to even see if we can go higher.

(APPLAUSE)

This will bring us in line with other countries and make us globally competitive.

At the same time, we prioritize the immediate family of new Americans, spouses and children. The loved ones you choose to build a life with we prioritize. And we have to do that. They go right to the front of the line, right to the front of the line where they should be.

(APPLAUSE)

America's last major overhaul of our legal admissions policy was 54 years ago. Think of that. So, a major update, and that's what this is, a merit system and a heart system, is long overdue. The millions of illegal immigrants who have come to America over the past half-century are now cherished members of our national family.

(APPLAUSE)
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...tion_plan.html

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Or not. MH1BGA?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw Reply With Quote

H1-B holders in the United States can rest assured that changes are soon coming which will bring both simplicity and certainty to your stay, including a potential path to citizenship. We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to pursue career options in the U.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If true he crossed that threshold where what the hell is the point of supporting him anymore. It took a few years to finally say $#@! Trump. I'm out.

We ended up with a 3rd Bush Presidency. At this point I want to see him crushed by his opposition and I don't give a $#@! about the consequences. I want him to go down for this great betrayal for putting Americans and his supporters last.

If he is turning his greatest defenders like Ann Coulter and supporters like myself against him, who is going to be left to support him in 2020? Never mind, I know the same idiots that voted for Romney, Bush and whatever Foxnews feeds them regardless of the betrayals.

Related

Trump reiterates claim that he wants more legal immigration

As the U.S. immigration system strains with the highest number of apprehensions at the southwestern border in a decade, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is looking at opening new detention facilities in California.
    ICE is considering using existing facilities or constructing new facilities in the Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco areas to house between 5,100 to 5,600 detainees, according to official documents posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website. The facilities would be used to house “criminal aliens and other immigrant violators,” the documents say.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/despite-oppos...153748259.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump live a few minutes ago saying "were full". So why all this bull$#@!. If we are full, we are full. He should stop trying to placate big business by screwing over our tech graduates. We have plenty of high tech people here that can fill these positions.

This idea we have to import them from overseas is a complete and total farce. The quality is horrible and they are only brought here since they are more easily controlled like slaves and for cheap labor.

Trump live a few minutes ago saying "were full". So why all this bull$#@!. If we are full, we are full. He should stop trying to placate big business by screwing over our tech graduates. We have plenty of high tech people here that can fill these positions.

This idea we have to import them from overseas is a complete and total farce. The quality is horrible and they are only brought here since they are more easily controlled like slaves and for cheap labor.
    We need ditch diggers and garbage men too, jobs that "legal" American multi-generation Section 8 folks don't want. If trump cared about liberty and fiscal responsibility he would stay out of the affairs of private business and make a call to end incentives/welfare which Ron speaks about every chance he gets.

This "nationalism" is beginning to seep into the minds of RPF'rs, complaining about "equality" and cheap labor, losing site to private contract rights. Next I'll be reading about how RPF support unions. Utterly amazing.

Most are too blind to see that this "government do something" approach is only causing people to rally FOR documenting people, restricting freedom to travel and eliminating private contract rights. Even republicans are cheering on that businesses should be prosecuted for hiring people without documentation and now demand that workers pay their "fair share" to the Fed.gov (federal taxation).

ICE, DHS, let's hire MORE government goons!!! /sarc

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

It's the same with education. I sat through a number of courses taught by professors that spoke English (horribly) as a second language. I might as well have stayed home and read the book instead.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The U.S. Secret Service is now participating in a not-so-secret undertaking: dealing with the influx of migrants at America’s southern border. According to a communication from the Department of Homeland Security’s headquarters reviewed by The Daily Beast, the small law enforcement agency has sent personnel to the border already and is looking to send more in the coming weeks.
    The move came in response to a directive then-DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen sent out earlier this spring asking each component of the department to find volunteers and dispatch them to the border. Even though it’s most closely associated with the White House, the Secret Service—along with a host of other entities and agencies—is a component of DHS. And as a result, it’s shipping people south.
    A DHS spokesperson did not dispute this reporting.
    “As we have consistently said, the Department is considering all options to address the humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border,” said the spokesperson. “We will continue to work with our workforce to find dynamic solutions and funding to address this very serious problem. As part of this effort, it is our responsibility to explore fiscal mechanisms that will ensure the safety and welfare of both our workforce and the migrant population, which is also reflected in the supplemental request submitted to Congress.”
    The Daily Beast reported last week that the arm of DHS that handles threats to America’s cybersecurity and critical infrastructure, called the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, has struggled to find enough volunteers to head to the border and fulfill DHS headquarters’ request. The agency works to secure election systems, schools, and places of worship—all of which face acute threats.
    Besides protecting the president, the first family, and other prominent government figures, the Secret Service also conducts criminal investigations. Its focuses include financial crimes and cybersecurity threats.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/secret-office...011031185.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    We need ditch diggers and garbage men too, jobs that "legal" American multi-generation Section 8 folks don't want. If trump cared about liberty and fiscal responsibility he would stay out of the affairs of private business and make a call to end incentives/welfare which Ron speaks about every chance he gets.

This "nationalism" is beginning to seep into the minds of RPF'rs, complaining about "equality" and cheap labor, losing site to private contract rights. Next I'll be reading about how RPF support unions. Utterly amazing.

Most are too blind to see that this "government do something" approach is only causing people to rally FOR documenting people, restricting freedom to travel and eliminating private contract rights. Even republicans are cheering on that businesses should be prosecuted for hiring people without documentation and now demand that workers pay their "fair share" to the Fed.gov (federal taxation).

ICE, DHS, let's hire MORE government goons!!! /sarc
    That must have taken great effort lifting that shovel of propaganda. Comments like yours are typical of how fake libertarians subvert the ability to achieve the libertarian dream with the US. When someone points out the impossibility of applying the philosophy cross border, statist leaps are made about the beliefs of those pointing it out.

It is the primary reason why much of the libertarian movement is a complete utter sham. The two most destructive types are the useful tools that have their blinders on when it comes to trying to apply the philosophy cross border since they have been brainwashed by fake libertarian propaganda and then there are those that know the truth that applying the philosophy cross border negates the ability to achieve it from within but continue to defend it.

When people like you stop being part of the problem the libertarian movement and philosophy may actually make in-roads in our society. Unfortunately I do not see that happening anytime soon with so many useful tools such as yourself.
    Last edited by kahless; 05-21-2019 at 09:37 AM.

That must have taken great effort lifting that shovel of propaganda. Comments like yours are typical of how fake libertarians subvert the ability to achieve the libertarian dream with the US. When someone points out the impossibility of applying the philosophy cross border, statist leaps are made about the beliefs of those pointing it out.

It is the primary reason why much of the libertarian movement is a complete utter sham. The two most destructive types are the useful tools that have their blinders on when it comes to trying to apply the philosophy cross border since they have been brainwashed by fake libertarian propaganda and then there are those that know the truth that applying the philosophy cross border negates the ability to achieve it from within but continue to defend it.

When people like you stop being part of the problem the libertarian movement and philosophy may actually make in-roads in our society. Unfortunately I do not see that happening anytime soon with so many useful tools such as yourself.

I heard the same statist garbage from the romney folks down in Tampa. Didn't bother me then, doesn't bother me now.

Fear not, liberty will not prevail any time soon, too many folks in this country think just like you; a slave who regurgitates government propaganda.

Remember this: liberty is not taught - it is felt and lived.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peoplefunnel.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	6455
    Last edited by PAF; 05-21-2019 at 10:00 AM.

I heard the same statist garbage from the romney folks down in Tampa. Didn't bother me then, doesn't bother me now.

Fear not, liberty will not prevail any time soon, too many folks in this country think just like you; a slave who regurgitates government propaganda.

Remember this: liberty is not taught - it is felt and lived.
    Here, read this. Educate yourself.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/11/...vate-property/
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He should also read this:

Mises on Nationalism, Self-Determination & Immigration

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If all these bold steps are being taken (above reports do not seem to be fakenews), where is the issue... in getting the message out?
    Why conservatives like Brietbart readership, Drudge readers, Foxnews critics, some Tea party leaders, Coulters of America do not see things the way GOP-Adelson leadership is projecting?

Such perceptions could cost GOP-Adelson wing 2020 if messaging and outreach to alienated conservatives is not addressed before elections. This was one recent example, there are increasing number of folks on Right expressing similar sentiments.

President Donald Trump has picked Ken Cuccinelli to help implement and coordinate his immigration policies and decisions.

The news was reported by the New York Times, which described Cuccinelli as an “immigration hard-liner … [and] aligned with Mr. Trump on issues related to border security”:
    The specifics of the role — including the title and the scope of duties — are still being hashed out, according to the official. But Mr. Cuccinelli is expected to be based in the Department of Homeland Security, not in the White House.
    Mr. Cuccinelli met with Mr. Trump in the Oval Office on Monday, along with nearly a dozen other administration officials, including Kevin K. McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security. By Monday evening, Mr. Cuccinelli had begun placing calls to people to alert them that he was expected to get the job, according to people familiar with the discussions.
    Cuccinelli is expected to coordinate the implementation of Trump’s border security policies, including the construction of the border wall and a reform of the catch-and-release laws and regulations.

Cuccinelli has a long record opposing illegal migration, but little record or experience with other aspects of the nation’s migration problem, such as the catch-and-release laws, and the government’s role in using legal migration to expand the nation’s new labor supply with cheap legal and illegal workers.
    Cuccinelli became president of the Senate Conservatives Fund in 2014 after narrowly losing the 2013 race for the governorship of Virginia. His 2013 loss was partly blamed on lack of support from the GOP establishment.
    The Senate Conservatives Fund has helped elect GOP candidates who were opposed by the establishment GOP. For example, the SCF gets some credit for helping elect Josh Hawley from Missouri.

The SCF website says:
    SCF is a national grassroots organization that seeks to bring bold conservative leadership to Washington by supporting candidates who will fight for the timeless conservative principles of limited government, strong national defense, and traditional family values.
    SCF helps candidates by bundling contributions for them from thousands of freedom-loving Americans across the country, and by running hard-hitting radio and television ads to promote their conservative campaigns.
    SCF is not funded by special interests in Washington, it is not funded by a small group of mega donors, and it is not funded by the Republican Party. SCF is funded by the grassroots. In fact, the average contribution amount to SCF is just $45.
    As head of the SCF, Cuccinelli opposed Trump during the GOP’s 2016 convention. The NYT reported:
    He is a frequent presence on cable news, which Mr. Trump consumes with gusto. … he caught the president’s attention during the 2016 presidential primaries, when he led the effort to strip Mr. Trump of delegates on behalf of an opponent, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, a person close to the president said.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ration-policy/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am very disappointed that Mexico is doing virtually nothing to stop illegal immigrants from coming to our Southern Border where everyone knows that because of the Democrats, our Immigration Laws are totally flawed & broken…
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 21, 2019
    …Mexico’s attitude is that people from other countries, including Mexico, should have the right to flow into the U.S. & that U.S. taxpayers should be responsible for the tremendous costs associated w/this illegal migration. Mexico is wrong and I will soon be giving a response!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 21, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Border officers are returning pregnant migrants to Mexico, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Under the headline, “Pregnant women, other vulnerable asylum seekers are returned to Mexico to await hearings,” the Los Angeles Times described how President Donald Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy is reducing the ability of adventurous migrants to give birth in the United States:
    When Enma Hernandez crossed the Rio Grande here illegally about two weeks ago and approached Border Patrol agents seeking asylum, she told them she was eight months pregnant.
    Hernandez, 26, said she had fled Guatemala hoping to join her husband and 2-year-old daughter in Miami. Instead, U.S. immigration officials returned her to Ciudad Juarez under the Trump administration’s “Remain in Mexico” policy.
    Hernandez says American officials should let pregnant women remain in the U.S. until their asylum cases are decided. “We should be an exception because we are vulnerable,” she said. “It’s dangerous for us here.”
    Four other pregnant migrants crossed the bridge on Thursday with her, along with a new mother carrying her 6-day-old daughter. All were in the Remain in Mexico program.

Under President Barack Obama, nearly all pregnant migrants were invited to remain in the United States pending a courtroom hearing for their asylum claims. Moreover, when the migrants lost their claims for asylum, Obama’s deputies barred enforcement officials from deporting the migrants because of their U.S.-born children, dubbed “anchor babies.”
    Many migrants recognized this opportunity and rationally grabbed American citizenship for their children. However, the new policy may reduce the number of visibly pregnant migrants who try to claim asylum.
    An October 2918 study by the Center for Immigration Studies shows that almost 300,000 children are born to illegal immigrants each year. That number is equivalent to one of every thirteen children born each year.
    By May 17, the Department of Homeland Security had sent 6,004 migrants back to Mexico, including several pregnant migrants.

The Remain in Mexico program — which is now called the “Migrant Protection Protocols ” — is growing because it has survived the first round of legal fights.

9th Circuit Court OKs 'Remain in Mexico' plan which allows US border officers to partway throttle the flow of money in the cartels' Central American labor trafficking biz. US immigration lawyers are appalled at some clients' loss of access to US jobs. https://t.co/u9uCciNfg3
    — Neil Munro (@NeilMunroDC) May 8, 2019
    The policy is also nudging some migrants to return to their homes in Central America, the LAT said:
    Xiomara, 21, said she left her rural hometown … to join family in Tallahasee, Fla., expecting she would be released to a U.S. shelter, as relatives had been after they crossed to Texas last month. Instead, she was returned to Juarez, also with a Jan. 15 court date. Now she too planned to return home.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nts-to-mexico/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That doesn't sound like Garden Plot/REX 84 at all. Nope. Not one bit. All perfectly normal and natural to put active military on the streets. Totally legit reason too, no doubt. Cuz illegals.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Banned

Blog Entries
    a slave
    LoL

To compare anybody living today, to what happened to black people in the Americas, is laughable.

To try and broaden the definition, so you could be technically right, is semantics.

There are servants in America, but there are no slaves.
    In fact, there are a ton of bureaucrats who sold their souls long ago to the machine.
    But they are not slaves; they are the upper middle and middle classes.
    Doing incredibly well, and wielding far more influence than anyone here, Amash included.

Life is incredibly good in America.

It's good to be a citizen of the Empire.

Sucks to be a citizen of an enemy of the Empire.

That's why everybody in the world wants to be the Empire.

Trump signs memorandum requiring immigrant sponsors to pay for social services

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ocial-services

President Trump is signed a memorandum Thursday that will enforce a 23-year-old provision requiring sponsors of legal immigrants in the U.S. to reimburse the government for any social services such as Medicaid or welfare used by the immigrant, Fox News has learned.

The provision was part of the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) and Welfare Reform laws that were signed by then-President Bill Clinton, but despite being enshrined in federal law, the rule has not been enforced.

Under the provision, each future sponsor of an immigrant would need to sign an affidavit that would spell out the financial responsibilities for the sponsored immigrant and create a collection mechanism to recover funds from the sponsor. The Department of Health and Human Services is to collect the data of the sponsors and the immigrants, while the Treasury Department would collect the funds.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol announced Tuesday the creation of a new administrative position intended to help ease the stresses on the system created by the recent influx of asylum-seekers arriving at the southern border.
    The new “Border Patrol Processing Coordinator” position is designed to help alleviate the administrative duties that CBP agents have been forced to take on, often at the expense of their traditional enforcement duties, as record numbers of women and children have arrived at the border seeking asylum.
    “I am committed to providing the men and women of the U.S. Border Patrol the resources they need to accomplish their border-security mission,” said Carla Provost, chief of the U.S. Border Patrol. “Border Patrol Processing Coordinators will take on processing, transportation, and custody responsibilities, which will free up agents for critical law-enforcement operations.”

The recent migrant surge has also caused border security to suffer as roughly 40 percent of Border Patrol agents have been forced to handle processing, transportation, and custody responsibilities, rather than the law-enforcement operations for which they are trained, according to Provost’s press release.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/border-patrol...212844315.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Papers, please! You are now required to provide proof of citizenship to enter this building.
    Real I.D.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Trump’s choice for new Immigration Chief is a hardliner. Opposes birthright citizenship and wants to strip illegal immigrants of unemployment benefits.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), in partnership with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), has awarded a contract to construct approximately three miles of new bollard wall system on federally owned land within the Rio Grande Valley Sector (RGV) Rio Grande City area of responsibility in Starr County, Texas.The contract for this project was awarded on May 28, 2019 to Kiewit Infrastructure West Co. for the amount of $42,860,000 and construction is anticipated to begin in August 2019. This project includes the construction of 18-30 foot tall steel bollards, in addition to road construction, detection technology and lighting installation.
    This project is funded by CBP’s Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19) Appropriation. It is not a project undertaken pursuant to the National Emergency Declaration, 10 U.S.C § 284, 10 U.S.C. § 2808, nor does it draw from any other source of funding, including appropriations available to the Department of Defense (DoD) or Department of Treasury.

RGV is the busiest sector in the nation and accounts for more than 40% of the illegal alien apprehensions, more than 43% of the seized marijuana in the southwest border for the fiscal year to date, and is second in seized cocaine. RGV accounts for a large percentage of the southwest border illegal alien apprehensions and narcotic seizures and the majority of its activity is occurring in areas where RGV has limited infrastructure, access and mobility, and technology.
    CBP continues to implement President Trump’s Executive Order 13767 – also known as Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements – and continues to take steps to expeditiously plan, design, and construct a physical wall using appropriate materials and technology to most effectively achieve operational control of the southern border.
    This project will improve the RGV sector’s ability to impede and deny illegal border crossings and the drug and human smuggling activities of transnational criminal organizations.

More at: https://breaking911.com/contract-awa...grande-valley/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), in partnership with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), has awarded a contract to construct approximately three miles of new bollard wall system on federally owned land within the Rio Grande Valley Sector (RGV) Rio Grande City area of responsibility in Starr County, Texas.The contract for this project was awarded on May 28, 2019 to Kiewit Infrastructure West Co. for the amount of $42,860,000 and construction is anticipated to begin in August 2019. This project includes the construction of 18-30 foot tall steel bollards, in addition to road construction, detection technology and lighting installation.
    This project is funded by CBP’s Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19) Appropriation. It is not a project undertaken pursuant to the National Emergency Declaration, 10 U.S.C § 284, 10 U.S.C. § 2808, nor does it draw from any other source of funding, including appropriations available to the Department of Defense (DoD) or Department of Treasury.

RGV is the busiest sector in the nation and accounts for more than 40% of the illegal alien apprehensions, more than 43% of the seized marijuana in the southwest border for the fiscal year to date, and is second in seized cocaine. RGV accounts for a large percentage of the southwest border illegal alien apprehensions and narcotic seizures and the majority of its activity is occurring in areas where RGV has limited infrastructure, access and mobility, and technology.
    CBP continues to implement President Trump’s Executive Order 13767 – also known as Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements – and continues to take steps to expeditiously plan, design, and construct a physical wall using appropriate materials and technology to most effectively achieve operational control of the southern border.
    This project will improve the RGV sector’s ability to impede and deny illegal border crossings and the drug and human smuggling activities of transnational criminal organizations.

More at: https://breaking911.com/contract-awa...grande-valley/

The price of everything will go up.

Because the very simple and root problems are not addressed.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast