Thread: Clapper blames Obama for spying on political opponents

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Former U.S President Barack Obama could not stop the spying. The people who prospered during Obama Presidency or got hired by Obama admin carried out the spying.

Is this as much of a bombshell as I think it is ?
    "I am a bird"

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN HOST: The 2017 assessment that the President says he now agrees with, that was done while you and then NCI Director John Brennan were still in office. So, how can we reconcile the President attacking you, but apparently after a very long time finally, allegedly saying — or saying he allegedly agrees with the product of the intelligence community that you, yourself oversaw?

JAMES CLAPPER: Yes, well, this is — yes, as we’ve come to know the President, he is not a stalwart for a consistency or coherence. So it’s very hard to explain that. One point I’d like to make, Anderson, that I don’t think has come up very much before, and I’m alluding now to the President’s criticism of President Obama for all that he did or didn’t do before he left office with respect to the Russian meddling. If it weren’t for President Obama, we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set off a whole sequence of events which are still unfolding today, notably, special counsel Mueller’s investigation.

President Obama is responsible for that, and it was he who tasked us to do that intelligence community assessment in the first place. I think it’s an important point when it comes to critiquing President Obama.
    Nothing burger. Obama has plausible deniability. If the POTUS asks for an assessment of foriegn activities, it is part of his job (even though current Democrat/media narrative would call it evidence of wrongdoing if it were Trump).

Obama did not lie to the FISA courts or promote fake evidence (UK Dossier). Obama did not (directly) leak to the media. But people around him no doubt did.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Not surprising.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Nothing burger. Obama has plausible deniability. If the POTUS asks for an assessment of foriegn activities, it is part of his job (even though current Democrat/media narrative would call it evidence of wrongdoing if it were Trump).

Obama did not lie to the FISA courts or promote fake evidence (UK Dossier). Obama did not (directly) leak to the media. But people around him no doubt did.
    Obama abused his power in order to rig the 2016 election and it's no big deal because he is part of the political elite and they don't even have to pretend to have integrity or to have morality because we expect the elite to cheat. if nothing is done about this then we will be doing this every 4-8 years

Joe & Jane Sixpack demand these sort of shenanigans by voting D&R party. It's the American way.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Obama abused his power in order to rig the 2016 election and it's no big deal because he is part of the political elite and they don't even have to pretend to have integrity or to have morality because we expect the elite to cheat. if nothing is done about this then we will be doing this every 4-8 years
    We don’t know how much he personally was involved. And yes, this should be investigated. It is no mystery as to who lied to the FISA courts. They already know the source of some of the leaks. Start by prosecuting them, and if they will place blame on someone up the food chain, prosecute that person too. Highly unlikely it would ever get up to Obama.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Joe & Jane Sixpack demand these sort of shenanigans by voting D&R party. It's the American way.

Ben Garrison's cartoons made good points back in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Ben Garrison's cartoons made good points back in those days.
    Garrison has really gone all to hell, since he became a NWO Trumpkin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

There will be no investigation... move along.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Barack Hussein Obama. ISIS and terrorists mayhem worldwide since 2011. Indian IT/Tech companies getting 90% H1-B visas. Google working for Democrats. It looks like Barack Obama was sent by enemies of America.

I wonder how Obama affected Ron's campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I wonder how Obama affected Ron's campaign?
    Or GWB in 2008.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment