Thread: House Passes Green New Deal for Europe

House Passes Green New Deal for Europe

US taxpayer money to make Europe green, brought to you by the neoconservatives and the Democrats. Neocon RINO Adam Kinzinger leads the way to make Europe green! It passed by a vote of 391-24, and has been completely hidden by the mainstream media. Nothing to see here, move along.

——

House advances Kinzinger’s bipartisan, bicameral global energy security bill
    By Ripon Advance News Service | March 27, 2019

Bipartisan, bicameral legislation sponsored earlier this month by U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) to bolster global energy security received resounding approval on March 25 from the U.S. House of Representatives.

The House voted 391-24 to approve the European Energy Security and Diversification Act of 2019, H.R. 1616, which Rep. Kinzinger introduced on March 7 along with U.S. Rep. Bill Keating (D-MA). The same-named S. 704 also was introduced on March 7 in the U.S. Senate by U.S. Sens. Cory Gardner (R-CO) and Chris Murphy (D-CT).

“I’m glad to see such swift action on the European Energy Security and Diversification Act and proud to join my colleagues in voting on its passage today,” Rep. Kinzinger, ranking member of the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, Energy, and the Environment, said on Monday following the House vote.

The bill would prioritize the efforts of and enhance coordination among United States agencies to encourage countries in Europe and Eurasia to diversify their energy sources and supply routes, increase energy security in the region, and help the United States reach its global energy security goals, according to the congressional record summary.
    More: https://riponadvance.com/stories/hou...security-bill/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-27-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vote coming soon to the Senate. $1 billion for green energy projects in Europe...

Bipartisan lawmakers are unveiling Thursday the latest Capitol Hill effort to counter Vladimir Putin’s energy activities in Eastern Europe.

This time, a contingent of senators led by Democratic Sen. Christopher S. Murphy of Connecticut and Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin is introducing a bill that would authorize as much as $1 billion in financing for the next few years for energy sector projects in Europe.
    More: https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...eastern-europe
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Multiple lines of text of the bill mentions natural gas. Only a single text line mentions renewables. The bill is to help sell our nat gas and technology into Europe. No mention of climate change, or elimination of fossil fuels like in the AOC green new deal.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Multiple lines of text of the bill mentions natural gas. Only a single text line mentions renewables. The bill is to help sell our nat gas and technology into Europe. No mention of climate change, or elimination of fossil fuels like in the AOC green new deal.
    Yes, the goal is to cut out Russian natural gas. It is not a full green new deal as proposed by AOC. The Europeans are working hard on the other green new deal items on their own.

“Diversified sources” is mentioned multiple times. There are several options for valid uses of the money, one option being “renewable energy projects in wind, solar, tidal, or other forms”. My guess is that Europe will not be building new coal-fired plants, but will want to use all of the money on renewable energy and electric distribution infrastructure.

And all of that is beside the point. It is not appropriate for taxpayer money to be spent on infrastructure or power generation in other countries, especially wealthy ones like Europe. No doubt this passed by such a large margin as it is somehow supposed to help US companies. That is crony corporatism.

Least AOC can be happy that Europes getting a green new deal.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Related. At the 3:14 mark, they discuss Kinzinger’s bill.

Just $#@!ing shoot me already.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm worried Trump will sign this crap because he's so determined to show he's "tough on Russia".

So sickening because as one who closely followed the overthrow of the govt in Ukraine and the subsequent war, I honestly believed Trump when he said wanted better relations with Russia. Maybe he did but his self esteem is so fragile that he has to play to his accusers.

Pathetic.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Just $#@!ing shoot me already.
    What caliber do you prefer?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yes, the goal is to cut out Russian natural gas. It is not a full green new deal as proposed by AOC. The Europeans are working hard on the other green new deal items on their own.

“Diversified sources” is mentioned multiple times. There are several options for valid uses of the money, one option being “renewable energy projects in wind, solar, tidal, or other forms”. My guess is that Europe will not be building new coal-fired plants, but will want to use all of the money on renewable energy and electric distribution infrastructure.

And all of that is beside the point. It is not appropriate for taxpayer money to be spent on infrastructure or power generation in other countries, especially wealthy ones like Europe. No doubt this passed by such a large margin as it is somehow supposed to help US companies. That is crony corporatism.
    This new Green Deal will not benefit ordinary Europeans as their gas prices will rise. America always wanted to break Russia by cutting off their gas supplies in Europe. Without overlooking the larger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I'm worried Trump will sign this crap because he's so determined to show he's "tough on Russia".

So sickening because as one who closely followed the overthrow of the govt in Ukraine and the subsequent war, I honestly believed Trump when he said wanted better relations with Russia. Maybe he did but his self esteem is so fragile that he has to play to his accusers.

Pathetic.
    Unfortunately Trump will sign it,as he has to or they will overthrow him with scandals.

No doubt Mitch McConnell and the US Chamber of Crony Commerce are pushing this one. Rand could be the only no vote in the Senate. Trump will sign it because it’s the best, and everyone but Rand will tell him that it’s great.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-27-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What caliber do you prefer?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Unfortunately Trump will sign it,as he has to or they will overthrow him with scandals.
    That doesn't seem to be working, they will have to go a different route.
    "The Patriarch"

What are the specific things this bill actually does to encourage whatever it is it's supposed to encourage?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What are the specific things this bill actually does to encourage whatever it is it's supposed to encourage?
    It gives a billion dollars in corporate welfare to the oil companies.

Oh, and it ices that cake with five million more for the diplomatic corps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Far be it we should ever be able to determine where or what our tax monies are going.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    It is a billion in graft so I would guess just seed money for more future graft .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I guess its time for him to give up and leave seeing as he is already captured by the deep state who will just cripple him with scandals if he ever tries to undermine them. Talk about someone having a defeatist attitude.

Trump is the president, he control the military, he has the bully pulpit and the ability to use it to address the nation anytime he wants. If he cannot veto the allegedly Europe "green" "new" """""deal""""" on the count that he is afraid of the deep state, then he is not the president

US taxpayers funded House impacting Europe is nothing new though; the Iraq/mideast destabilization freedom resolutions House passed with great fanfare in 2003 are directly responsible for Germany, Australia, new Zealand, Italy, Hungry, Norway and other European countries flooded with massive waves of mideast refugees.

Kind of seems like something is off . Nat Gas is currently 2.71 down one percent . Should it not be going up if we are going to steal the energy business off europe from russians ?
    Do something Danke