Thread: Trump headed to Justin Amash's home town!

Trump headed to Justin Amash's home town!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    This could be the beginning of the end of Amash's term in the House if the Donald targets him hard. Amash is often quite vocal with his criticisms.

Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This could be the beginning of the end of Amash's term in the House if the Donald targets him hard. Amash is often quite vocal with his criticisms.
    I'm worried he's going to call him out Angela. I'm praying not.

I'm worried he's going to call him out Angela. I'm praying not.
    Me too. I had someone tell me that Amash wasn't sure he'd be winning the next election, so when I saw this I wondered if this was what was being referenced. I miss the 2007 days. If we met Trump with a couple hundred people waving Amash signs, he might back off.

Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

President Trump could lose Michigan if he disses Justin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    President Trump could lose Michigan if he disses Justin.
    I think the primary is the concern, not the general.

Meh, maybe he will move into the Governor's chair. I could live with that. Pipe dream that it could be a road to the Presidency.

I can say with 100% certainty that Justin is not in the least worried about Trump “primarying” him. He won a primary against establishment money, right to life, farm bureau, NRA, and chamber of commerce few years back by 10 points. He is untouchable in a primary if he wants to run.

As for whether he has designs on something else in the future - either near or far - is an entirely different question.

I listened to the Grand Rapids speech by Trump, it was torture. It was well past the half hour mark before he mentioned anyone other than himself, some local pols & a vague reference to some others.

$300M to Make the Great Lakes Deep Again, or some such shuck 'n jive.

No mention of Justin Amash.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 03-29-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes Ron, I watched it as well.. no mention of Amash. He did mention Bill Huzinger, who is an MI congressman

Yes Ron, I watched it as well.. no mention of Amash. He did mention Bill Huzinger, who is an MI congressman
    Good, we don't need him attacking Amash.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enrique View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty that Justin is not in the least worried about Trump “primarying” him. He won a primary against establishment money, right to life, farm bureau, NRA, and chamber of commerce few years back by 10 points. He is untouchable in a primary if he wants to run.

As for whether he has designs on something else in the future - either near or far - is an entirely different question.
    I certainly trust his political instincts. And I still refuse to shop at Home Depot.

Trump should be focusing on winning Michigan and not on a congressman who won more votes than he did in the district.