Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio city council bans Chik-Fil-A from city airport

Exclamation San Antonio city council bans Chik-Fil-A from city airport

Had about enough of the weirdosexual mafia.

San Antonio Bans Chick-fil-A from Airport for Lack of LGBTQ Support

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lgbtq-support/

WARNER TODD HUSTON23 Mar 2019241

The San Antonio city council has moved to ban fast food giant Chick-fil-A from the city’s airport because the company is famously supportive of traditional Christian values.

District 1 City Councilman Roberto Treviño entered a motion on March 19 to approve the city’s Food, Beverage and Retail Prime Concession Agreement but added a clause to ban the nation’s favorite fast food company from the list of vendors eligible to open a kiosk at the San Antonio International Airport.

“With this decision, the City Council reaffirmed the work our city has done to become a champion of equality and inclusion,” Treviño said, according to NBC News 4. “San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior”.

Chick-fil-A was initially set to be one of the airport’s restaurant offerings, but the councilman’s motion came on the heels of a report by extremist organization Think Progress that highlighted the $1.8 million in donations to Christian groups that Chick-fil-A reported to its shareholders.

“Everyone has a place here, and everyone should feel welcome when they walk through our airport,” Treviño added. “I look forward to the announcement of a suitable replacement.”

Chick-fil-A called the attack “disappointing.”

“We would have liked to have had a dialogue with the city council before this decision was made. We agree with Councilmember Treviño that everyone is and should feel welcome at Chick-fil-A. We plan to reach out to the city council to gain a better understanding of this decision,” the fast food giant said in a statement.

According to the city, the new restaurants now include Smoke Shack BBQ and Southern Kitchen, Boss Wood Fired Bagels & Coffee, Sip Brew Bar and Market, and Local Coffee.

The concession agreement is a seven-year contract according to reports.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “With this decision, the City Council reaffirmed the work our city has done to become a champion of equality and inclusion,” Treviño said, according to NBC News 4. “San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior”.

Chick-fil-A was initially set to be one of the airport’s restaurant offerings, but the councilman’s motion came on the heels of a report by extremist organization Think Progress that highlighted the $1.8 million in donations to Christian groups that Chick-fil-A reported to its shareholders.

“Everyone has a place here, and everyone should feel welcome when they walk through our airport,” Treviño added. “I look forward to the announcement of a suitable replacement.”
    This level of hypocrisy is not sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This level of hypocrisy is not sustainable.
    Hold my beer.

You can't buy or sell without their mark.

Texas need to secede from Austin, San Antonio and Houston.

That or a wall.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Eating a Chik-Fil-A is no substitute for being a Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I thought LBGT was a pretty full plate of 'freak' now they've added
    a Q to it, I'm afraid to ask.........

It's ok to be bigoted against Christians, just not perverts, weirdo's and virtue signaling freaks.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got a spicy chicken & fries Friday for lunch .
    Do something Danke

It does seem strange to put a restaurant that is closed on sundays inside an airport.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    You can't buy or sell without their mark.
    Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It's ok to be bigoted against Christians, just not perverts, weirdo's and virtue signaling freaks.
    200 years ago some people with the same skin complexion as you had slaves therefore you're racist. Dunno what could be a better example of racism.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    200 years ago some people with the same skin complexion as you had slaves therefore you're racist. Dunno what could be a better example of racism.
    Did you just assume his identity?

Pretty sure Chik-fil-a is an Equal Opportunity Employer. I don't think you are allowed to be an employer these days unless you are.

Chik-fil-a needs to sue them for discrimination.

Just wait until the other restaurants are open and go in wearing a MAGA hat.
    That said, putting pickles on a chicken sandwich is fookin' heresy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

How many years until Texas is just like California? Is it 10 years? 20 years?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    In some places they already are.

This is nothing more than persecuting people who hold Christian values.

If someone from LGBT went to a Muslim bakery to have them make them a wedding cake they would be turned down immediately. Double standards and double justice is being applied. Christian's are being treated like second class citizens. Christian's are going to have to stand up for their values or be persecuted in the process--even in America.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    In some places they already are.

This is nothing more than persecuting people who hold Christian values.

If someone from LGBT went to a Muslim bakery to have them make them a wedding cake they would be turned down immediately. Double standards and double justice is being applied. Christian's are being treated like second class citizens. Christian's are going to have to stand up for their values or be persecuted in the process--even in America.
    Yep. Some animals are more equal than others. On the one hand, this is an attack on what is seen as a Christian business. No doubt about that. For balance, you can rest assured that Christian Zionists like Pence are able to use government to implement their religious beliefs. That is one area where the mix of religion and politics is encouraged.

Does Chik-Fil-A refuse to serve people because of their LGBT status? That is the only relevant question.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It does seem strange to put a restaurant that is closed on sundays inside an airport.
    That would also be a disqualifier, IMHO. Did they offer to be open on Sundays if located in the airport?

That would also be a disqualifier, IMHO. Did they offer to be open on Sundays if located in the airport?
    If they pay their rent why would they be disqualified? Of all places, Texas used to support the blue-laws less than 20 years ago.

It's a shame the shift of convenience and consumption has knocked out God in this country in so many ways.
    Last edited by donnay; 03-24-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

If they pay their rent why would that be a disqualified? Of all places, Texas used to support the blue-laws less than 20 years ago.

It's a shame the shift of convenience and consumption has knocked out God in this country in so many ways.
    If the airport is open on Sunday, it’s a reasonable requirement for vendors to be open too.

Yep. Some animals are more equal than others. On the one hand, this is an attack on what is seen as a Christian business. No doubt about that. For balance, you can rest assured that Christian Zionists like Pence are able to use government to implement their religious beliefs. That is one area where the mix of religion and politics is encouraged.

Does Chik-Fil-A refuse to serve people because of their LGBT status? That is the only relevant question.
    I wouldn't condone Pence using his religion beliefs to curry any favors. There is a Judicial branch that should be used.

If the airport is open on Sunday, it’s a reasonable requirement for vendors to be open too.
    I have gone into airports and malls where some places were closed on a certain day. Again, if they pay their rent there shouldn't be a problem.

I have gone into airports and malls where some places were closed on a certain day. Again, if they pay their rent there shouldn't be a problem.
    It all depends upon how the contract is written.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Half the time I ever spent in airports was late at night and nothing is ever open anyway . I always get muh bag get muh car, pay my parking ransom and drive 30 mile down the I to get a steak at an all night place outside the city .
    Do something Danke

San Antonio airport is laid out kind of $#@!ty for vendors . Once you get to your gate there is probably room for one bar and one eating establishment and that is about it which seems good because you will get all the business but in reality probably not as much as you would like to go with that high rent .
    Do something Danke

Maybe less.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I thought LBGT was a pretty full plate of 'freak' now they've added
    a Q to it, I'm afraid to ask.........

Just wait until they add a P.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The major consensus I hear a lot of people say it 10 years.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

My town is really pro-LGBTQHB and they are also very anti-fast food drive-thru for environmental reasons (cars on, spewing out pollution while waiting for food). There are a few drive-thrus that have been grandfathered in, but otherwise they are banned. The only new one I remember opening up in the last 20 years was for coffee.

When the chik-fil-a opened up here a few years ago, they took over a burger king store that closed down or something that had a drive-thru. They had some protests for the LGBTQHB stuff when they opened.

But as a supreme $#@!-you to the Jacobins, the drive-thru line often goes all the way out into the street, taking away the right lane on the main stream through town. Part of the reason is because they are so popular, but the other reason is because they are one of the few drive-thrus in town. It can cause some major traffic and back-ups. Jack in the box has a virtual monopoly on them with 3 of 3 having a drive-thru and of the six McDonalds in town only 2 have drive-thrus.

In-n-out has one too. They get the award for the longest drive-thru line, but they have a giant parking lot that holds up to about 25 minute wait (I've waited at least that long before..)
    Last edited by dannno; 03-24-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast