Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller sends report on Trump investigation to AG Barr

Mueller sends report on Trump investigation to AG Barr

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...g-barr-n974006

Special counsel Robert Mueller on Friday wrapped up his nearly two-year investigation into Donald Trump and Russia and sent his report to Attorney General William Barr.

No details of Mueller's findings have been released, but Barr said he may be able to brief congressional leaders on the report as soon as this weekend.

"I am reviewing this report and anticipate that I may be in a position to advise you of the Special Counsel's principal conclusions as soon as this weekend," Barr wrote in a letter on Friday to a group of lawmakers on the House and Senate judiciary committees.

Barr also concluded in his letter that Mueller's investigation — relentlessly attacked as improper and a "witch hunt" by Trump — was conducted properly. Barr noted that he was required to inform congressional leader if Mueller had done anything "inappropriate or unwarranted."

"There were no such instances during the Special Counsel's investigation," the attorney general said, adding that he would determine how much of the report could eventually be released to Congress and the public.

Trump's outside lawyers, Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, issued a statement saying, "We're pleased that the Office of Special Counsel has delivered its report to the Attorney General pursuant to the regulations. Attorney General Barr will determine the appropriate next steps."

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said, "We're pleased that the Office of Special Counsel has delivered its report to the Attorney General pursuant to the regulations. Attorney General Barr will determine the appropriate next steps.” In a tweet, she said that the White House had not seen the report.

The transmission of the report to Barr concludes an investigation that has resulted in the indictments of 34 people, infuriated the president and thrown the administration into turmoil.

The long-awaited end to the probe comes almost two years after Mueller was appointed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to investigate "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump" and "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

To date, almost three dozen people and three companies have been criminally charged in the sprawling probe, including Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn; former campaign chairman Paul Manafort; former political adviser Roger Stone; former personal lawyer Michael Cohen; and numerous Russian nationals. There have been a number of guilty pleas and convictions — but none of the charges have directly accused anyone in Trump's orbit of conspiring with the Russian intelligence operation to help Trump get elected in 2016.

It's unclear how detailed Mueller's report is, or when his conclusions may become public. According to Justice Department guidelines, his confidential report to the attorney general is supposed to explain "the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the special counsel."

The attorney general is required to report Mueller's findings to Congress "with an outline of the actions and the reasons for them," the guidelines say, but it's unclear how long that may take.

As the Mueller investigation picked up steam and various Trump associates were charged, the president increasingly went on the offensive, blasting it as a "witch hunt" and "a hoax," calling Mueller's investigators "angry Democrats" and singling out some who'd worked on the case. He labeled Cohen "a rat" for cooperating with investigators.

Trump refused to sit for an interview with Mueller — his lawyers said they were concerned about a "perjury trap" — but he did submit written responses to Mueller's questions in November.

Mueller was appointed special counsel on May 17, 2017 — eight days after Trump fired James Comey as FBI director. Comey had been leading the investigation into Russian meddling and any possible Trump campaign involvement. The president initially said he'd canned Comey at the urging of Rosenstein and then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, but later told NBC "Nightly News" anchor Lester Holt it was his decision, and cited his frustration with the Russia probe.

"And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won," Trump told Holt.

That fueled law-enforcement concerns that Trump was trying to obstruct the investigation — worries that were heightened a day after the firing, when he hosted two Russian diplomats in the Oval Office.

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job," Trump told them, according to The New York Times. "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off."

Those and other actions taken by the president since the probe began led Mueller to investigate whether Trump was trying to obstruct justice in the case, sources have told NBC News.

The FBI probe into the campaign's alleged Russia ties started in July 2016 after a little-known Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, George Papadopoulos, told an Australian diplomat that the Russians had obtained thousands of emails that would embarrass Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. The Australian government passed that information on to the FBI after hacked Democratic National Committee emails were posted online.

That wouldn't be the only hack. Russian cybercriminals targeted Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta's emails, U.S. intelligence officials found. They were released online just hours after the "Access Hollywood" scandal threatened to sink Trump's campaign.

Adding to investigators' suspicions was Trump's often-abrasive deference to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who he repeatedly praised as "tough" and "strong." He was also dismissive of U.S. findings that Russia was behind the cybercrimes, noting, "It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK?"

Trump initially denied that he and his campaign had anything to do with any Russians — claims that have since fallen apart.

Flynn had sat with Putin at a dinner in Moscow in 2015, and would be fired from his job as national security adviser for misleading Vice President Mike Pence about the content of his conversations with a Russian diplomat. Cohen and Trump associate Felix Sater were in talks during the campaign to develop a Trump Tower in Moscow, which would reportedly come complete with a multimillion-dollar apartment for Putin. The president's son Donald Trump Jr. set up a meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian entourage after they offered unspecified "dirt" on Clinton’s campaign courtesy of the Kremlin.

"If it's what you say I love it," Trump Jr. said in accepting the meeting, which would include Manafort and Trump's son-in-law and adviser, Jared Kushner.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you Zippy for staying on top of things. This is quite fresh.

https://twitter.com/BillOReilly/stat...22119869763585

Could we all agree with Van Jones that this was a big nothing burger? This is why I cann't understand why anyone lie about this investigation.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Let the liberal tears flow...

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Mueller , what a joke . Your tax dollars at work .
    Do something Danke

Everybody seems to know what is in the report- without it having even been released publicly yet.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Everybody seems to know what is in the report- without it having even been released publicly yet.
    Maybe he should have drug it out a couple more yrs and see if he could find something to report .
    Do something Danke

Would you like fries with your nothing burger?

So you're telling me there's still a chance?

Stay strong Zippy. #Muellerwillsaveus
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...74990065713152

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Could we all agree with Van Jones that this was a big nothing burger? This is why I cann't understand why anyone lie about this investigation.

Van Jones, who seems to be sort of replacing Kanye West in the MAGA team, is right about this.

But does this mean fakenews media, biased Dems and unelected Israeli Deputy AJ Rosenstein will give MAGA a fair shake or
    will remain biased and still try to bring down an elected and wildly popular POTUS using tangential aspects as were used to impeach Bill Clinton?

Related

On the Mueller Investigation, the Barr Letter Is Not Enough

By John Cassidy
    March 24, 2019

It took the White House about a half hour to start misrepresenting the contents of Attorney General William Barr’s letter to Congress about the results of the Mueller investigation. “The Special Counsel did not find any collusion and did not find any obstruction. AG Barr and DAG Rosenstein further determined there was no obstruction,” Sarah Sanders, the White House press secretary, tweeted shortly after 4 P.M. on Sunday. “The findings of the Department of Justice are a total and complete exoneration of the President of the United States.”

Actually, on the subject of Robert Mueller’s probe into whether Donald Trump obstructed justice, Barr’s letter said this: “The Special Counsel . . . did not draw a conclusion—one way or another—as to whether the examined conduct constituted obstruction.” The letter went on, “The Special Counsel states that, ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’ ” Barr’s letter, however, did contain a determination that Trump’s actions—which might include the firing of James Comey, the head of the F.B.I., and trying to fire Jeff Sessions, Barr’s predecessor—failed to rise to the level of obstruction of justice. But it was Barr and Rod Rosenstein, the Deputy Attorney General, who made that determination. As it has done so often in the past, the White House was lying, when it said that Mueller exonerated Trump on the obstruction question.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...ion-of-justice

Poll: Why Mueller did not exonerate POTUS on Obstruction Of Justice charge?

Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Considering the access to wiretaps and other personal information, I’d anticipate the report will include some salacious, but unindictable, tidbits to keep the media fed with outrage for the next two years.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post

Mueller did not become sympathetic to any side during his probe, that looks like photoshop : - )

On a different note, vaguely recall reading some news few months back about Mueller referring someone trying to blackmail him to FBI. In quick look up same report did not show but few different stories popped up that might have indirect relationship to the main topic here.

Venture Capital
    Venture Capital Retweeted Ariane Bellamar

BOOM Why is #BlackCube blackmailing the @nytimes @comey please let Mueller know that there is a recorded call attesting to this fact. It sure explains the recent story on Rosenstein..

Ariane BellamarVerified account @ArianeBellamar
    I have to question @nytimes motive on tonight’s story. I know, via my personal, recorded conversation with @jimrutenberg, that The Times has been under the threat of #BlackCube, weaponized against the #NYT by their very own law firm. It seems that they may have caved. @nytmike
    8:53 PM - 21 Sep 2018
    https://twitter.com/kelly2277/status...47461778092033

Un-Related

Trump Operatives Hired Israeli Dirty Ops Firm, Black Cube, to Dig Dirt on Obama’s Iran Team
    May 7, 2018 by Richard Silverstein

Firm Linked to Israeli Intelligence Ran Pro-Trump Propaganda During Presidential Election
    Rick Gates, the former deputy chairman of the Trump Campaign was allegedly in contact with an Israeli intelligence firm about a social-media disinformation campaign.
    October 10th, 2018
    Rick Gates, the former deputy chairman of the Trump Campaign was allegedly in contact with an Israeli intelligence firm about a social-media disinformation campaign targeted at Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton and to the benefit of Trump, according to the New York Times.
    According to the NYT, Rick Gates contacted a company called Psy-Group which is filled with former Israeli intelligence operatives and offered results using social media tactics, for which traditionally Russia was accused during the 2016 Presidential Election.

New book claims Kushner pushed Trump to fire James Comey
    A new book claims Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, prompted the firing of then-FBI Director James Comey, a decision that would trigger the start of Robert Mueller’s investigation just days later. Author and journalist Vicky Ward joins Alex Witt to discuss how her book “Kushner, Inc.” explores Kushner and Ivanka Trump’s rise to power.
    March 23, 2019
    https://www.msnbc.com/weekends-with-...-1463713859582

The Nothing Burger vs The Invisible Burger

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Would you like fries with your nothing burger?
    "The Patriarch"

Oh happy day

Last edited by TER; 03-23-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Mueller did not become sympathetic to any side during his probe, that looks like photoshop : - )

On a different note, vaguely recall reading some news few months back about Mueller referring someone trying to blackmail him to FBI. In quick look up same report did not show but few different stories popped up that might have indirect relationship to the main topic here.

https://twitter.com/kelly2277/status...47461778092033

Un-Related

Trump Operatives Hired Israeli Dirty Ops Firm, Black Cube, to Dig Dirt on Obama’s Iran Team
    May 7, 2018 by Richard Silverstein

Firm Linked to Israeli Intelligence Ran Pro-Trump Propaganda During Presidential Election
    Rick Gates, the former deputy chairman of the Trump Campaign was allegedly in contact with an Israeli intelligence firm about a social-media disinformation campaign.
    October 10th, 2018
    Rick Gates, the former deputy chairman of the Trump Campaign was allegedly in contact with an Israeli intelligence firm about a social-media disinformation campaign targeted at Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton and to the benefit of Trump, according to the New York Times.
    According to the NYT, Rick Gates contacted a company called Psy-Group which is filled with former Israeli intelligence operatives and offered results using social media tactics, for which traditionally Russia was accused during the 2016 Presidential Election.

New book claims Kushner pushed Trump to fire James Comey
    A new book claims Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, prompted the firing of then-FBI Director James Comey, a decision that would trigger the start of Robert Mueller’s investigation just days later. Author and journalist Vicky Ward joins Alex Witt to discuss how her book “Kushner, Inc.” explores Kushner and Ivanka Trump’s rise to power.
    March 23, 2019
    https://www.msnbc.com/weekends-with-...-1463713859582

The Nothing Burger vs The Invisible Burger

I agree, but it not only 'looks' like , but is a photoshop or another type of photo edit software.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...74990065713152

Honestly I had hoped the left would of apologized to their viewers for what I can only describe as treason but I guess they want everyone to know they are fake news. They are pretending like this is not a big deal but they are so out of touch with reality I bet they don't realize that they are destroying every last bit of credibility they have

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I agree, but it not only 'looks' like , but is a photoshop or another type of photo edit software.
    You're right, it's pretty much impossible for Mueller to be seen wearing a MAGA hat LOL

Ssilverelining here maybe that "The Nothing Burger" vs "The Invisible Burger" controversies should be put to rest soon after this bizarre investigation taking up space in national consciousness for two years. One of the actors whose actions reportedly triggered Mueller investigation may also be soon leaving White House and goung back to NY.

"Donald Trump Wants Jared Kushner to Move Back Home to NYC"

Kushner Cos. Scaling Back in New York as Public Scrutiny Heats Up
    March 19, 2019
    Kushner Cos. left its suburban roots behind years ago to pursue big property investments in New York City. Now, under fire from New York politicians and tenant activists, it is increasingly turning back to the ’burbs.

Looking forward, hopefully both major parties can now come together and work on America-First agenda without any foreign-first collusion lobbies/lengthy investigations wasting national time and dsitracting focus.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    You're right, it's pretty much impossible for Mueller to be seen wearing a MAGA hat LOL

Ssilverelining here maybe that "The Nothing Burger" vs "The Invisible Burger" controversies should be put to rest soon after this bizarre investigation taking up space in national consciousness for two years. One of the actors whose actions reportedly triggered Mueller investigation may also be soon leaving White House and goung back to NY.

"Donald Trump Wants Jared Kushner to Move Back Home to NYC"

Looking forward, hopefully both major parties can now come together and work on America-First agenda without any foreign-first collusion lobbies/lengthy investigations wasting national time and dsitracting focus.
    The shame is , even though it was a 'nothing burger' witch hunt, and true conspiracy, the triggered
    liberals for the most part will never let go of it, and in their minds there was GUILT.

Further shame (personally) I have lost all faith now in Trump, as of this last week.
    I have also long ago given up on our Justice system, no one at the top, those that do the
    most damage to America ever goes to prison , ergo Hillary, Comey et al, now with Trump on my sht list, I see
    no hope for the Country (again this is my personal feeling) I like Rand , but don't see
    him beating Trump , my first choice of course would be Ron Paul, but we know
    that bridge is out of service.
    I'm just skimming stones, now.......nothing I do is going to change what we're faced with.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The shame is , even though it was a 'nothing burger' witch hunt, and true conspiracy, the triggered
    liberals for the most part will never let go of it, and in their minds there was GUILT.

Further shame (personally) I have lost all faith now in Trump, as of this last week.
    I have also long ago given up on our Justice system, no one at the top, those that do the
    most damage to America ever goes to prison , ergo Hillary, Comey et al, now with Trump on my sht list, I see
    no hope for the Country (again this is my personal feeling) I like Rand , but don't see
    him beating Trump , my first choice of course would be Ron Paul, but we know
    that bridge is out of service.
    I'm just skimming stones, now.......nothing I do is going to change what we're faced with.

My last and only choice would be if Thomas Massie decided to run. I'd even put on door-to-door walking shoes for him. But, I doubt he cares to. I just know his level headedness and solid conviction would make him a stand-out to either of the extremes that have become the left and right. But, again, I don't ever see him running for POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    My last and only choice would be if Thomas Massie decided to run. I'd even put on door-to-door walking shoes for him. But, I doubt he cares to. I just know his level headedness and solid conviction would make him a stand-out to either of the extremes that have become the left and right. But, again, I don't ever see him running for POTUS.
    I don't actually know anything about Massie , just familiar with the name.

I used to like Andrew Napolitano, I don't even trust him anymore......

I don't actually know anything about Massie , just familiar with the name.

I used to like Andrew Napolitano, I don't even trust him anymore......
    Massie is awesome. ALWAYS votes with the Constitution. Exposes D.C. corruption and informs in how politics works there. Owns his own farm that is energy independent, but doesn't believe the Fed should mandate conservationism over conservativism. Doesn't tweet like a psycho crazy. Just a good guy, with a great family, straight and on the level with every vote. He's one of what is called the "three amigos" that being Rand, Amash and Massie.
    As far as I am concerned he is the best of the three. ALWAYS Constitutional. Never pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Massie is awesome. ALWAYS votes with the Constitution. Exposes D.C. corruption and informs in how politics works there. Owns his own farm that is energy independent, but doesn't believe the Fed should mandate conservationism over conservativism. Doesn't tweet like a psycho crazy. Just a good guy, with a great family, straight and on the level with every vote. He's one of what is called the "three amigos" that being Rand, Amash and Massie.
    As far as I am concerned he is the best of the three. ALWAYS Constitutional. Never pandering.

Very impressive, I've watched 17 mins so far.
    One thing puzzling though is that our Military (see; Geraldo Rivera Afghanistan youtube) supports
    the poppy fields, protects them or at least did , and they did so very openly, Massey is not talking
    about that , could be that he covers that later in the video, or just wasn't aware.

Very impressive, I've watched 17 mins so far.
    One thing puzzling though is that our Military (see; Geraldo Rivera Afghanistan youtube) supports
    the poppy fields, protects them or at least did , and they did so very openly, Massey is not talking
    about that , could be that he covers that later in the video, or just wasn't aware.
    Massie doesn't get into that kinda stuff generally. He stays on point. Either it is Constitutional or it is not. Which is why I like him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast