Thread: Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran

Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran

Beware of leaders who say they are working for God.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47670717

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said it is "possible" that President Donald Trump was sent by God to save Israel from Iran.

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network during a high-profile trip to Israel, he said it was his faith that made him believe that.

He also praised US efforts to "make sure that this democracy in the Middle East, that this Jewish state, remains".

The comments came on a Jewish holiday celebrating rescue from genocide.

The holiday, Purim, commemorates the biblical rescue of the Jewish people by Queen Esther from the Persians, as the interviewer noted to Mr Pompeo.

He was asked if "President Trump right now has been sort of raised for such a time as this, just like Queen Esther, to help save the Jewish people from an Iranian menace".

"As a Christian, I certainly believe that's possible," said Mr Pompeo, a former Kansas senator and CIA director.

"I am confident that the Lord is at work here," he added.

Mr Pompeo is not the first Trump official to suggest a divine will behind Mr Trump's actions: In January, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told a religious television network that God "wanted Donald Trump to become president".
    More at link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

President told Palestinians God also talked to him about Middle East peace

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.
    Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

Mr Bush, who became a born-again Christian at 40, is one of the most overtly religious leaders to occupy the White House, a fact which brings him much support in middle America.

Soon after, the Israeli daily newspaper Haaretz carried a Palestinian transcript of the meeting, containing a version of Mr Bush's remarks. But the Palestinian delegation was reluctant publicly to acknowledge its authenticity.

The BBC persuaded Mr Shaath to go on the record for the first time for a three-part series on Israeli-Palestinian diplomacy: Elusive Peace, which begins on Monday.

Religion also surfaced as an issue when Mr Bush and Tony Blair were reported to have prayed together in 2002 at his ranch at Crawford, Texas - the summit at which the invasion of Iraq was agreed in principle. Mr Blair has consistently refused to admit or deny the claim.

Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian prime minister, who was also part of the delegation at Sharm el-Sheikh, told the BBC programme that Mr Bush had said: "I have a moral and religious obligation. I must get you a Palestinian state. And I will."

Dubya doesn't count. That little freak thought Dick Cheney was god.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Iran, which cant even refine its own oil...

When is God going to send someone to protect the rest of the world from the Neocons and globalists?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Banned

Blog Entries
    #PSON

your Jedi mind tricks are weak. So close.
    Not even.

I know who my enemies are.

Why does God need a starship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4HjR5xW7FU

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If God is real then I'm pretty sure he despises Pompeo with a burning passion.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

US-Israel relationship is ‘altar’ of ‘holiness,’ and Jerusalem embassy is ‘shrine’ — US ambassador
    Philip Weiss , May 16, 2019

Dems - Party of big gummit, GOP- Party of small minds ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMRgT5o-Ig
    Republican Tom Delay and MAGA/McCain supporter Joe Lieberman's stunnigly wisdom loaded statements in this video are inspirational for more wars

At Christian Zionist gathering in Texas, Trump is God’s Cyrus, and Bill Maher is ‘stupidest Jew in Hollywood’

Judith Norman on May 17, 2019

Michele Bachmann at the Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast, Jerusalem, 2018. (Photo: Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast)

The Democratic-leaning American Jewish community is becoming increasingly queasy about a U.S.-Israel relationship in the form of a Trump/Netanyahu alliance. The U.S. is now unabashedly aligned with the far-right, rabidly militaristic, anti-democratic elements in the Israeli government (as opposed to the more acceptable, Obama-style tut-tutting, which purported to distance itself from the more embarrassing Israeli atrocities). The American Jewish community was apparently only willing to tolerate fascism at a distance, where orientalist tropes enabled the human rights violations to be justified in the “rough neighborhood” of the Middle East. But Donald Trump has brought home what that looks like domestically, and the American Jewish community can no longer fail to notice who they are in bed with.
    Israel’s plan B for shoring up U.S. support is to cultivate a much more natural alliance with the white Christian evangelical Zionist community, who don’t need to be mollified with the fantasy of an eventual two-state solution. San Antonio, Texas, is home to the traditional bastion of white Christian Zionism, Rev. John Hagee’s Cornerstone Church, which runs the organization Christians United for Israel. But new initiatives are appearing.

When the Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast, a self-described “prayer movement” announced it would be coming to San Antonio, April 11 to 12, several members of the local chapter of Jewish Voice for Peace decided to attend. The annual event in Jerusalem is hosted by the Israeli government and brings hundreds of evangelicals to the Holy Land. It was founded by the Israeli Knesset in 2017 and spearheaded by Israeli member of Knesset Robert Ilatov with former Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. The sister event in Texas that we attended is also co-chaired by Ilatov and Bachmann, and was hosted by the Justice Foundation, a conservative legal action group that files cases aimed at limiting access to abortion and expanding Christian prayer in Texas public schools. A Facebook page for the event was made by a digital marketing consultant for the Trump 2016 campaign, Adam W. Schindler. It was a merger of the conservative to reaching-far-right end of political life in both Israel and the U.S. We wanted to learn what we could about the group itself, and about Christian Zionism as it continues to gain political traction.
    Robert Ilatov, a member of the Israeli Knesset with a far right party.

At the “Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast Texas” we heard a lot of familiar themes from the Christian Zionist playbook at the founders dinner: the use of the Bible as a roadmap for a political agenda.
    https://mondoweiss.net/2019/05/chris...ing-stupidest/

While such thinking as displayed in the video is not part of a good solution, some commentatotrs are calling supporters of this group idiots.. that kind of language is inappropriate.

What God wants God gets, God help us all.

God wants goodness
    God wants light
    God wants mayhem
    God wants a clean fight

God wants peace
    God wants war
    God wants famine
    God wants chain stores

God wants sedition
    God wants sects
    God wants freedom
    God wants semtex

God wants borders
    God wants crack
    God wants rainfall
    God wants wetbacks

God wants voodoo
    God wants shrines
    God wants law
    God wants organized crime

God wants crusades
    God wants jihad
    God wants good
    God wants bad

God wants dollars
    God wants cents
    God wants pounds, shillings, and pence

God wants guilders
    God wants Swiss francs
    God wants Kroner
    God wants French francs

God wants escudos
    God wants pesetas
    Don't send lira
    God don't want small potatoes

God wants small towns
    God wants pain
    God wants clean up rock campaigns

God wants widows
    God wants solutions
    God wants TV
    God wants contributions

God wants silver
    God wants gold
    God wants his secret never to be told

God wants gigolos
    God wants giraffes
    God wants politics
    God wants a good laugh

God wants friendship
    God wants fame
    God wants credit
    God wants blame

God wants poverty
    God wants wealth
    God wants insurance
    God wants to cover himself

Roger Waters
    Last edited by tfurrh; 05-19-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Some suugest MAGA is just king of debt and not filthy rich at all, not bying such theories.
    Could be he just can't stand Iran doing economic blockade of our closest ally and only non-racist democarcy in mideast:

Trump brags he blew off calls from world leaders to give Adelsons the greatest gift: Jerusalem

Philip Weiss on April 7, 2019 35 Comments

Sheldon Adelson at the RJC, from Amichai Stein's twitter feed. April 6, 2019.

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/04/adels...est-jerusalem/

Trump's top Donor Adelson in 2013: US should drop atomic bomb on Iran
    American-Jewish billionaire blasts Obama over negotiations with Tehran; says US should show Iran nuclear capabilities.
    By Maya Shwayder, JERUSALEM POST CORRESPONDENT
    October 24, 2013

Donald Trump has threatened to ‘end’ Iran in ominous tweet
    The nation warned the US President to “try respect” after he delivered an ominous warning that he would “end” the country if it threatens the United States.
    Ally Foster with AFP
    May 20, 2019

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    How could anything go wrong then with such divine support.

Yet, we find that foreign policy has been in shambles for decades. Something is not right.
    EM,

To be fair your pro-mockingbird viral bump techniques only help the Jarvanka spam Wing of the pro-Adelson MAGA censorship party necrothreaders

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    What God wants God gets, God help us all.

God wants goodness
    God wants light
    God wants mayhem
    God wants a clean fight

God wants peace
    God wants war
    God wants famine
    God wants chain stores

God wants sedition
    God wants sects
    God wants freedom
    God wants semtex

God wants borders
    God wants crack
    God wants rainfall
    God wants wetbacks

God wants voodoo
    God wants shrines
    God wants law
    God wants organized crime

God wants crusades
    God wants jihad
    God wants good
    God wants bad

God wants dollars
    God wants cents
    God wants pounds, shillings, and pence

God wants guilders
    God wants Swiss francs
    God wants Kroner
    God wants French francs

God wants escudos
    God wants pesetas
    Don't send lira
    God don't want small potatoes

God wants small towns
    God wants pain
    God wants clean up rock campaigns

God wants widows
    God wants solutions
    God wants TV
    God wants contributions

God wants silver
    God wants gold
    God wants his secret never to be told

God wants gigolos
    God wants giraffes
    God wants politics
    God wants a good laugh

God wants friendship
    God wants fame
    God wants credit
    God wants blame

God wants poverty
    God wants wealth
    God wants insurance
    God wants to cover himself

Roger Waters

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

January 3, 2020 / 2:33 AM / Updated 6 hours ago

Israel puts military on heightened alert after U.S. killing of Iranian commander

Stephen Farrell, Rami Ayyub
    4 Min Read

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel put its military on heightened alert on Friday and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu cut short a trip abroad after the U.S. killing of Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani drew promises of revenge from Iran.

FILE PHOTO: A general view shows snow-covered Mount Hermon in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights near the Israel-Syria border January 21, 2019. REUTERS/Amir Cohen/ File photo

Israel, America’s closest ally in the Middle East and Iran’s top regional foe, has not publicly responded to the death of Quds Force chief Soleimani and Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis in the U.S. air strike in Baghdad.
    But Netanyahu’s office confirmed that he would return home early from Greece. Israel’s Army Radio said the military was on heightened alert and Defence Minister Naftali Bennett met military and intelligence chiefs for a “situational assessment”.
    reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security-blast-israel/israel-braces-for-iranian-retaliation-after-soleimani-assassination-idUSKBN1Z20HB

Related

2003:
    "We will be greeted as liberators"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They should have been thanking us for taking out Saddam for them.

+rep to everyone who had/has amazing vision.

I highly doubt God would intervene when it comes to electing new presidents.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Beware of leaders who say they are working for God.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47670717

More at link.

Article is no good unless it tells what Pompeo thinks the Persian menace plans to do to the jew state . Also Sarah Sanders should have at least suggested that it was possible God just did not want Hillary to be president, nobody could really disagree with that .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I highly doubt God would intervene when it comes to electing new presidents.
    I am sure he would.

I doubt he would give us Trump to save Israel though, they don't need saving.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is a big play by GOPA funded wing:

Pompeo Plans To Address RNC From Israel

August 24, 2020 3:56 PM ET
    Michele Kelemen

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is mixing politics and diplomacy this week in an unprecedented way. He plans to speak to the Republican convention while on an official trip to the Middle East.

HALIE SOIFER: Israel is being used as a prop or a backdrop for partisan politicking, which is unheard of and also underscores President Trump's ongoing effort to politicize the U.S.-Israel relationship.

KELEMEN: In a written statement, the State Department says Pompeo is addressing the convention in his personal capacity. No staff are involved in preparing the remarks or arranging the appearance, the statement goes on to say. Soifer, who worked in the State Department during the Obama administration, doesn't buy it.

SOIFER: He's on a military airplane. He has State Department officials who are staffing him on the ground. This is an official trip. Just because he goes somewhere else for an hour to give this partisan speech doesn't mean that he's not on official travel. He's on official travel.

npr.org/2020/08/24/905536212/pompeo-plans-to-address-rnc-from-israel

Despite tons of skepticism in the air about lots of "anti-war" pledges and PRs few weeks before election, I'm still not convinced that few days after election we'll see another reversal like below.
    Granted history tends to repaet itself, it doesn't repeat very quickly. Arc of history is not just that short, flip flops and Iran pressure military surges (circa post 2016 election Afghan war surge of 2017) if happened might be further down the road.

Trump: ‘We have to protect Israel,’ shifting again on Syria withdrawal

By Michael Wilner
    February 3, 2019
    U.S. President Donald Trump (R) embraces Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after his remarks at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem May 23, 2017. (photo credit: JONATHAN ERNST / REUTERS)
    WASHINGTON – US President Donald Trump indicated this weekend that some US troops in Syria would remain there “to protect Israel,” in an apparent shift from his earlier insistence on an absolute withdrawal.

Biden Plans to Address Supporters from Chicxulub Crater. Will claim God may have have sent comet to wipe out dinosaurs.
    Right wing Creationists planning counter-protests, expected to bring hundreds of Iridium cocktails. Luis Alvarez effigy to be immolated

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Trump: Pompeo is the most honorable person and one of the greatest Secretaries of State
    https://youtu.be/lACu5rV8ofI?t=102

H/T jpost:

Deep pockets GOPA/Neocon donors grooming him for 2024 run already while 2020 court battles are still ongoing?

PLO: Pompeo can't resurrect Trump administration with settler winery visit

If Pompeo goes ahead with his plans, he would be the first US secretary of state and the highest US ranking official to visit a West Bank settlement or the Golan Heights.

By TOVAH LAZAROFF NOVEMBER 15, 2020

Listen very carefully @SecPompeo: There is no second term for Trump, the American people. There is no second coming for you in Palestine, the Palestinian people. There is no second chance for war criminals, @IntlCrimCourt," PLO Executive Committee member Hanan Ashrawi tweeted.

“Now take your passionate intensity [and] slouch back home!” she wrote on Friday.

“We deplore US Sec. of State Mike Pompeo’s intent to visit the illegal settlement of Psagot, built on lands belonging to Palestinian owners in El-Bireh city, during his visit to Israel next week. This dangerous precedent legalizes settlements [and is] a blow to [international] legitimacy [and] UN [resolutions].”

Political pundits have speculated that the Pompeo visit is one of the opening salvos for a potential White House run in 2024.

Related
    Pentagon adviser accused Pompeo, senior politicians of taking money from 'the Israeli lobby'

"You have to look at the people that donate to those individuals," Macgregor said in a September 2019 interview when asked if then-national security adviser John Bolton and Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham wanted war with Iran. "Mr. Bolton has become very, very rich and is in the position he's in because of his unconditional support for the Israeli lobby. He is their man on the ground, in the White House."
    "The same thing is largely true for Mr. Pompeo, he has aspirations to be president," he added. "He has his hands out for money from the Israeli lobby, the Saudis and others."
    An outspoken critic of American foreign policy and "endless" wars, Macgregor also said the Israel lobby has "enormous influence" on Congress and accused the lobby of wanting to instigate "military strikes" with Iran in a 2012 interview with the Russian-state media network RT.

Duty-Free Tycoons Give Millions to Far-right Israeli Settler Groups, Netanyahu: Report

• Duty Free Americas Simon Falic has been funding money to Israeli far-right settlers like Meïr Ettinger who was charged with setting fire to a Palestinian home. | Photo: Reuters / Twitter / RabbiShmuley

Simon Falic (r) with U.S. ambassador to Israel David Friedman and Rabbi Shmuley. | Photo: Twitter / RabbiShmuley