Thread: Chuck Todd Criticizes Barack Obama For Failing To Unite The Nation

Chuck Todd Criticizes Barack Obama For Failing To Unite The Nation

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chuck...b0db7da9f4c56b

03/17/2019

“Meet The Press” host Chuck Todd blamed former president Barack Obama for failing to unite the nation, days after the suspected gunman in the Christchurch mosque attacks that killed 50 people wrote in his manifesto that he took inspiration from Donald Trump.

Todd made the point Sunday while challenging presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke’s vow to unite the American people.

“You aren’t the first candidate to say, ‘I’m going to bring this country together,’” Todd told O’Rourke (watch the video above at 0:50). “The most recent Democratic president, a lot of people put their hope in the thought he was the answer that was going to do that. Why do you think that didn’t happen in Obama’s eight years?”

O’Rourke responded that Obama “worked incredibly hard to find common ground with Republicans and Democrats alike, took a message to the entire country. But I’ll say he was able to achieve a heck of a lot in those eight years.”

Twitter had some bones to pick with Todd.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is often said that without Bush-'s Iraq war, Obama election would not have happened. But it also is true that without Obama, election of Trump would not have happened.
    America was massively united in 2002-03 with upto 70-80% standung behind Bush but he blundered big time and may have set off a divisive spiral of haps and mishaps that may not stop until another person looking like Obama occupied WH again looking at recent trends.

No president (or other leader) can make people love each other. Division is much easier to achieve.

Like anyone cares what he thinks.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge