Thread: Study finds three or more eggs a week increases health risk

Study finds three or more eggs a week increases health risk

Here they go again, this time trying to take down one of most favorite protein loaded breakfast food for many.

Study finds three or more eggs a week increases health risk

March 16, 2019
    CHICAGO – A new study suggests you may want to pass on that three-egg omelet for breakfast from now on.
    Researchers from Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine followed nearly 30,000 adults over a three-decade period.
    They found that those who eat three or four eggs a week have a higher risk of heart disease and early death compared to those who eat fewer eggs.
    Researchers say one large egg has 186 milligrams of dietary cholesterol in the yolk.

The study found that eating 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol per day was associated with a 17% higher risk of cardiovascular disease and 18% higher risk of death.

https://koaa.com/news/2019/03/16/stu...s-health-risk/

Three or more eggs a week increase your risk of heart disease and early death, study says

By Susan Scutti, CNN
    Fri March 15, 201
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/healt...udy/index.html

And there is some conflicting reporting on this latest research findings that so far I've not been able to clarify:

Dr. Mehmet Oz‏ Verified account @DrOz

Eating 3 or more eggs a day can increase your risk of heart disease, according to a new study.

9:00 AM - 16 Mar 2019
    https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1106...741824/video/1

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But egg contains rich protein with less fat. How is it risk for health ?

Quote Originally Posted by brucealan1 View Post
    It isn't.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

There's a study for everything , you just throw out the ones that don't
    suit your agenda , look at Al Gore's team of heretics , case in point.

NOT TO MENTION, I just started back on about an egg a day, after the last
    study I read.

One thing I'm certain of, I am going to die, just hope it's not tomorrow, or today,
    whatever kills me will be something I didn't read the right studies on.

Bah, humbug. Eggs are about as close to a perfect source of nutrition as there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by brucealan1 View Post
    Well this is the reason being cited :

Researchers say one large egg has 186 milligrams of dietary cholesterol in the yolk.

The study found that eating 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol per day was associated with a 17% higher risk of cardiovascular disease and 18% higher risk of death.
    When I used to workout regularly, used to take out yolks when consuming more than couple of eggs a day.

Had read Arnold (former CA gov) used to eat 6+ eggs a day early on in his fitness career and recenty had heart surgery. So maybe in very large quantities there is a link to health risks but normal 1-2 eggs per day seem to be safe (in my non-scientific opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

When I used to workout regularly, used to take out yolks when consuming more than couple of eggs a day.

Had read Arnold (former CA gov) used to eat 6+ eggs a day early on in his fitness career and recenty had heart surgery. So maybe in very large quantities there is a link to health risks but normal 1-2 eggs per day seem to be safe (in my non-scientific opinion).
    I am sure the steroids and who knows what else affected Arnold's health more than this ancient food source.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dr. Linus Pauling discovered that it's something called Lipoprotein (a) that's the cause of heart disease. Heart disease is caused by a lack of Ascorbic acid and is the result of arterial scurvy.
    http://www.hearttechnology.com/pauling_therapy.html

AFAIK, Arnold had a heart valve problem, not clogged arteries.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Watch your weight, get moderate exercise, eat things in moderation, avoid processed foods and hydrogenated fats. All more important than a few eggs per week.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If I understood correctly what I read about this study, all it did was ask people at the beginning of a 17 year period about how much eggs they ate, and then report on how many of them had suffered heart disease by the end of that period.

Unless I misunderstood it, there was no control for other factors.

This seems ridiculous to me, so if I'm wrong about that, then if anybody knows better, please correct me.

But if that is all they did, then this doesn't seem newsworthy, and I doubt that it really proves anything about eating eggs. My hypothesis is that the people who ate the most eggs also ate the most of everything else, not just eggs. The real correlation is between overeating and heart disease, not eggs and heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am sure the steroids and who knows what else affected Arnold's health more than this ancient food source.
    The way Arnold garbled his words put a heavy strain on his cardio vascular system, I did
    a study on this , watching his movies, his ears would get red when he really laid it on
    I'm pretty sure there was also some brain swelling;

''I'll be back''

''Hasta la vista baby''

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Bah, humbug. Eggs are about as close to a perfect source of nutrition as there is.
    Yes indeed, along with good saturated fat.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

All good points above, my view above was too simplistic/playing it safe kinda thing until have some more time to research these reports.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Watch your weight, get moderate exercise, eat things in moderation, avoid processed foods and hydrogenated fats. All more important than a few eggs per week.
    Well said.

Semi-Related

Old Story:

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER ATE A MOUNTAIN OF EGGS!

Arnold Schwarzenegger Christmas Ornament

New Story: