Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill in Missouri would require every person between the age of 18 and 35 to own an AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Are you talking about the bill introduced in Missouri? Or some other city ordinance in "one of the cities you mentioned"?
    Anywhere.

No City should 'mandate' this kind of ordinance .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Anywhere.

No City should 'mandate' this kind of ordinance .
    I totally agree. But the link in the OP isn't clear about what this bill does, and it says it does require it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Conscientious objectors can train and serve as medics or leave the state.
    I have a better idea. Instead of anti-slavery people leaving the state, politicians who reinstate slavery (which is exactly what requiring military or militia service is) can leave the earth- in a body bag. Drafting someone into a militia or the military is the most evil thing a government can do.

"Of all the statist violations of individual rights in a mixed economy, the military draft is the worst......One of the notions used by all sides to justify the draft, is that “rights impose obligations.” Obligations, to whom?—and imposed, by whom? Ideologically, that notion is worse than the evil it attempts to justify: it implies that rights are a gift from the state, and that a man has to buy them by offering something (his life) in return. "

Ayn 3:16
    http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/draft.html
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 03-18-2019 at 10:39 AM.

I totally agree. But the link in the OP isn't clear about what this bill does, and it says it does require it.
    I don't believe anyone enforces it, they're trying to instill in their towns that we should
    rely on ourselves for protection which would mean with firearms, and not expect law enforcement
    to stop crime, they can't , they can't protect any of us from thugs.
    The attempt is to send a very clear message that they are in full support of the 2nd amendment.

It should be changed like some of the other towns, 'encouraged' to highly encouraged.

They wouldn't be out of line to offer incentives to self 'arm' as it will ease the burden of law
    enforcement, through diminished frequencies of assaults/ home invasions etc.

I don't believe anyone enforces it
    There's nothing to enforce. It's not a law yet, just a bill that will never pass or even come up for a vote that some legislator introduced to be cute. But I would want to know what the bill actually says before praising or condemning it.

There's nothing to enforce. It's not a law yet, just a bill that will never pass or even come up for a vote that some legislator introduced to be cute. But I would want to know what the bill actually says before praising or condemning it.
    If you said blue was blue and I agreed , you'd find a way to turn it into a fkg argument.

:facepalm:

If you said blue was blue and I agreed , you'd find a way to turn it into a fkg argument.

:facepalm:
    Yup.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"If the bills were to actually advance in the state legislature, McDaniel says that he would strip out the ownership mandates and focus on tax credits."
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-possess-ar-15

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/201...control-23-10/
    Focus on SB613!

The AR-15 bill was more to trigger the left than to accomplish anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I have a better idea. Instead of anti-slavery people leaving the state, politicians who reinstate slavery (which is exactly what requiring military or militia service is) can leave the earth- in a body bag. Drafting someone into a militia or the military is the most evil thing a government can do.

"[FONT="]Of all the statist violations of individual rights in a mixed economy, the military draft is the worst......[/FONT]One of the notions used by all sides to justify the draft, is that “rights impose obligations.” Obligations, to whom?—and imposed, by whom? Ideologically, that notion is worse than the evil it attempts to justify: it implies that rights are a gift from the state, and that a man has to buy them by offering something (his life) in return. "

Ayn 3:16
    http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/draft.html
    I'm just throwing shade here, fella. No, I don't believe anyone should be compelled to fight. Just saddened that nobody is willing to fight for anything but lone white supremacists and Jihadists.
    Everyone else seems quite the pussy these days.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12