Thread: Australians Are Furious About Google's Delivery Drone

Australians Are Furious About Google's Delivery Drone

Google's parent company Alphabet Inc. is on the verge of launching what the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) says will be the world’s first commercial drone delivery service in Australia.
    Wing, a subsidiary of Alphabet has been testing its drone delivery service over Bonython, a suburb of Tuggeranong, a township in southern Canberra. The year-long trial, called Project Wing, wrapped up last week; now the company is planning for a commercial launch in June.

Wing says its drones will be able to deliver small items, such as food and medication, but residents of Canberra, where the program was tested and will soon be ready for commercial flight, are furious about drones buzzing above.

Alphabet and Wing are expected to face a fierce fight before the delivery program takes off, according to ABC.
    In response to the public backlash, Wing recently tested a quieter version of its delivery drone.
    “We’re trying to be as transparent and as open as we can,” Project Wing CEO James Burgess told the Canberra Times.
    Many Bonython residents told local Government officials the invasive drones had brought people to madness, and residents told police if the government did not intervene, they would shoot the drones out of the sky.
    "It is not inevitable, if the Government can be convinced that the great majority of Canberrans don't want it," local Neville Sheather said.
    Sheather leads Bonython Against Drones, a group that is trying to stop the progress of Alphabet and Wing from commercializing the delivery service.

Even some advocates of drones, like Professor Roger Clarke, have said Project Wing had developed too quickly.
    "We've got to get the different segments of the public represented in these discussions, and they haven't been," Professor Clarke said.
    Clarke said Project Wing had been rushed through testing and is not following the traditional process of assessing new technologies.

"Things fall out of the sky, it's quite hard to get drones to work properly, it's quite hard to deal with drones when they lose communications ... we should be treating it that way and applying the precautionary principle and getting out ahead of the problem."
    Australian Capital Territory Minister Andrew Barr denied claims the government was allowing Project Wing to be expedited during the testing phase.
    Instead, he warned that if Canberra and its residents did not accept the drone delivery service, it would fall behind the technological curve.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...delivery-drone
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just say no to Drone Delivery, and autonomous crafts.

I would want to at least PREVENT any drone flying with a weight capacity
    that could support a humans weight, any drone large enough to come through
    the roof' or kill a bunch of kids at a bus stop , should have a Pilots life at
    risk , in the vehicle , responsible for his' safe operation of that craft.

It sounds like a terribly inefficient way to deliver packages- one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Delivering packages one at a time, is NOT THE PLAN, this is the 'introductory' roll out, an attempt
    to get the public to accept them.

The 'plan' will be to expand to Very Large crafts carrying dozens to 100's if not many thousands of
    drone pods by districts/regions.
    They can't just jump right into the 'whole plan' until they get an 'acceptance' .

Hopefully as seen in NZ , people around the world will reject Drones as 'Heavy' commercial vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Delivering packages one at a time, is NOT THE PLAN, this is the 'introductory' roll out, an attempt

The 'plan' will be to expand to Very Large crafts carrying dozens to 100's if not many thousands of
    They can't just jump right into the 'whole plan' until they get an 'acceptance' .

Hopefully as seen in NZ , people around the world will reject Drones as 'Heavy' commercial vehicles.

This belongs here.

and this.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    This belongs here.

and this.

Too funny; ''you remind me of my mother...''

The drones though, don't miss.
    - - - - -
    They plan to 'chip' us they won't even need 'crack' drone operators in most cases, they'll just
    input your bar code in the daily roster of 'kills' .

If the wrong person is assassinated , the software will be blamed , saves messy court proceedings, and cash payouts
    to victims.

They will use them to make arrests, arrests for any trumped up charge, then the arrest goes badly and 'we're' dead
    oh well, gee that damned software.

Too funny; ''you remind me of my mother...''

The drones though, don't miss.
    - - - - -
    They plan to 'chip' us they won't even need 'crack' drone operators in most cases, they'll just
    input your bar code in the daily roster of 'kills' .

If the wrong person is assassinated , the software will be blamed , saves messy court proceedings, and cash payouts
    to victims.

They will use them to make arrests, arrests for any trumped up charge, then the arrest goes badly and 'we're' dead
    oh well, gee that damned software.

You now have 5 seconds to comply!

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You now have 5 seconds to comply!

Wasn't that like a 50 cal Desert Eagle ? Super nice.

''...or I will use physical force....'' no sht, that was a bit physical.

The dialogue was fubar , the point where the writers went with '' call a paramedic'' instead of saying
    doctor, I realize they were trying to be understatingly 'funny' but no one would
    say that, they'd say 911 or Doctor. In any case he needed a body bag.....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I could see it working in rural areas and/or for those willing to pay a premium.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I guarantee every one of them have a dozen spy cams. Amazon is all about data gathering.

Each drone will carry one package and each drone will need somebody to monitory it. If you have hundreds of drones, you need hundreds of people to load, unload, and track them. Or you can have a couple dozen vans and people do it.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-17-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Each drone will carry one package and each drone will need somebody to monitory it. If you have hundreds of drones, you need hundreds of people to load, unload, and track them. Or you can have a couple dozen vans and people do it.

GPS

As I already stated , this one pkg , one operator is the rollout, the program will soon need 3 or 4 and eventually 1 or less
    operator per 100 pgs, likely less.
    No one needs to 'unload' a pkg either, that is the simplest function of the entire program.

It doesn't need to be efficient to 'sell' the program to the public, if they can trick the
    public into accepting Drone deliveries , they will move forward with the 'real plan' .

No one right off the bat is going to accept massive Drones carrying 100's of sub pods all it once,
    ''boiling the frog'' , frog doesn't notice the gradual temp change till it's too late...
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 03-17-2019 at 01:53 PM.

This belongs here.

and this.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.