Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Terror Attack: Australian gunman shoots dead several people in Christchurch mosque

New Zealand Terror Attack: Australian gunman shoots dead several people in Christchurch mosque

From Google news:

Gunman believed to be Australian shoots dead several people in Christchurch mosque and livestreams the massacre - as more bodies are found at a second mosque

• Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots from his semi-automatic shotgun at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch
    • The gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm
    • Witnesses have said they saw 'blood everywhere' and multiple people were reportedly killed in the massacre
    • One of the gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the mosque firing at dozens as they tried to flee

By Ben Hill For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 21:22 EDT, 14 March 2019

A gunman - believed to be a 28-year-old Australian - has opened fire at a mosque in New Zealand, shooting at children and reportedly killing at least nine people.

Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots from his semi-automatic weapons at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country's South Island.

The gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm (11.30am AEDT) as Friday prayers were underway.

A video seen by Daily Mail Australia shows the man firing multiple shots at dozens of people as they try to flee. A suspect is in custody but it is unclear whether it is the gunman.
    People were also reportedly shot at the nearby Linwood Masjid mosque.
    There are also reports of another shooting outside Christchurch Hospital and that a bomb was found in a car three kilometres from the mosque.
    Police have urged people near the area to stay indoors and report suspicious behaviour, describing the incident as 'critical'.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the attacks were 'one of New Zealand's darkest days'.
    'My thoughts, and I'm sure the thoughts of all New Zealanders, are with those who have been affected, and also with their families,' she said.

In the shooter's manifesto shared to Twitter he mentions being inspired by other shooters including Anders Breivik who killed 77 people in Oslo, Norway in 2011.

He said he 'disliked' Muslims and hated those who had converted to the religion, calling them 'blood traitors'.
    Related

2011 Norway attacks
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

'Norway attack suspect had anti-Muslim, pro-Israel views'
    1,500 page manifesto credited to Breivik, accused of killing spree, lays out worldview including extreme screed of Islamophobia, far-right Zionism
    https://www.jpost.com/International/...o-Israel-views

Update 1:

March 15, 2019

Alleged New Zealand Mosque Mass Shooter’s Manifesto Praises Donald Trump As ‘Symbol Of Renewed White Identity’

A man who opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, causing multiple fatalities, also says that prominent Donald Trump supporter Candace Owens inspired him.
    https://www.inquisitr.com/5343540/ne...ens-manifesto/

“The person that has influenced me above all was Candace Owens,” the suspect wrote. “Each time she spoke I was stunned by her insights and her own views helped push me further and further into the belief of violence over meekness. Though I will have to disavow some of her beliefs, the extreme actions she calls for are too much, even for my tastes.”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...esto-says.html

Blumenthal says Trump's rhetoric 'a factor' in New Zealand massacre
    03/15/2019
    Sen. Richard Blumenthal on Friday tied President Donald Trump's inflammatory rhetoric to a mass shooting at two New Zealand mosques that left 49 dead.
    "Words have consequences like saying we have an invasion on our border and talking about people as though they were different in some fatal way," Blumenthal said during an interview on CNN.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ssacre-1222892

Mulvaney defends Trump in the wake of New Zealand attacks, 'The President is not a white supremacist'
    CNN
    Sun March 17, 2019
    (CNN)Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney defended President Donald Trump after critics denounced Trump's rhetoric after Friday's mass shootings at two mosques in New Zealand.
    "The President is not a white supremacist," Mulvaney said on "Fox News Sunday." "I'm not sure how many times we have to say that."
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/17/polit...and/index.html

White House: Trump Made It ‘Very Clear’ NZ Massacre Is An ‘Act Of Terror’

Ivanka Trump gets mixed reaction for tweet condemning New Zealand mosque massacres that killed 49

Top youtube news currently, NZ PM speaks wearing hijab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0L8sDPXthw

Australian senator egged after controversial remarks
    Warning: Video contains violent content not suitable for all viewers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKuEYZtyWOg

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another False Flag.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Suspicion or have some credible reporting source?

Similar claims were made by some about Norway terror attacks that reportedly inspired this shooter but much of MSM had not confirmed such claims.
    It's a prediction, the shooting was an excellent distraction from the events in Israel and Gaza though.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Couldn't have happened. NZ has adopted very strict gun legislation.

Edit: Correction. Nz's fire arms laws are not draconian. I was thinking of Australia. Mea Culpa.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 03-14-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Australian. Ethno-nationalist. Anti-capitalist, anti-individualist. Brevik, turner diaries. Radicalized in Europe. etc etc. Thinks your culture is genetic.

Also Ex An-cap.

How many $#@!ing an-caps were an-caps cuz they thought you could be racist in an an-cap utopia?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Watched the video. Yep, that one was definitely real. smh

eta: it's a lot more than "several". Looked like 40 or so.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-14-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Watched the video. Yep, that one was definitely real. smh

eta: it's a lot more than "several". Looked like 40 or so.
    yah, 27 they are saying now. Yeah, its a real event--I saw it too. I read this lunatic's manifesto wherein he says that The Peoples Republic of China is closest to his political beliefs. Calls himself an eco-fascist. Goes on about replacement, and the grooming gangs in England. Plans to use his trial to further politicize this. Oh yeah, one of his stated goals was to start a civil war in the United States around the 2nd amendment.

If NZ didn't have draconian gun laws today, they will very shortly. I wonder how ugly this is going to after the retaliations begin. I hope they don't.
    Last edited by bv3; 03-14-2019 at 11:52 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Four people are in custody following shootings at two New Zealand mosques; three men and a woman. According to the New Zealand police commissioner, "There were a number of IEDs attached to vehicles that we stopped." One of the gunmen is confirmed as 28-year-old Australian Brenton Tarrant.
    BREAKING

Four people are now in custody over the Christchurch mosque shootings, New Zealand Police have confirmed.

LATEST: https://t.co/vJps8GeLeD https://t.co/Qmzny6tj8l
    — Herald Sun (@theheraldsun) March 15, 2019
    BREAKING: New Zealand police commissioner says four people in custody after mosque shooting attacks. https://t.co/kGNd1pwrjM pic.twitter.com/okNySP8hzs
    — ABC News (@ABC) March 15, 2019

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...opens-fire-new

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    yah, 27 they are saying now. Yeah, its a real event--I saw it too. I read this lunatic's manifesto wherein he says that The Peoples Republic of China is closest to his political beliefs. Calls himself an eco-fascist. Goes on about replacement, and the grooming gangs in England. Plans to use his trial to further politicize this. Oh yeah, one of his stated goals was to start a civil war in the United States around the 2nd amendment.
    It smells more like a False Flag all the time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It smells more like a False Flag all the time.
    I don't think so. If it were a false flag, why would he call the People's Republic of China the government that is most aligned with his thoughts. Why would he openly state: I chose to use guns to carry out this attack in order to provoke a civil war in the United States? Or is that a false-false-flag double op?

Im not posting that $#@! here, but you can find it and read it. I don't suggest that you do, lest you get paranoid...

50+ dead...
    Last edited by bv3; 03-15-2019 at 12:05 AM.

I don't think so. Bud, this is where that fear that haunts you can lead people.
    LOL
    Every single one of these attacks has been a False Flag, this is no way to advance the cause, it is a way to set it back and that is exactly what someone is trying to do.

If it were a false flag, why would he call the People's Republic of China the government that is most aligned with his thoughts.
    Because everyone in the western world knows that the PRC is a horrible system of government and therefore it will make people dislike everything else he claims to want.

Why would he openly state: I chose to use guns to carry out this attack in order to provoke a civil war in the United States? Or is that a false-false-flag double op?
    To sound dangerous and insane, and get people to support gun control and a crackdown on conservatives.

You are apparently the exact type of simple mind these False Flags are designed to manipulate, or you are here to help the psy-op on purpose.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL
    Every single one of these attacks has been a False Flag, this is no way to advance the cause, it is a way to set it back and that is exactly what someone is trying to do.

Because everyone in the western world knows that the PRC is a horrible system of government and therefore it will make people dislike everything else he claims to want.

To sound dangerous and insane, and get people to support gun control and a crackdown on conservatives.

You are apparently the exact type of simple mind these False Flags are designed to manipulate, or you are here to help the psy-op on purpose.
    I deleted that bit about you and fear, wasn't fair and quite dangerous right now. Not every $#@!ed up thing that happens in the world is a false flag. When you go bruiting about them, in situations like these, you denude the term.

I deleted that bit about you and fear, wasn't fair and quite dangerous right now. Not every $#@!ed up thing that happens in the world is a false flag. When you go bruiting about them, in situations like these, you denude the term.
    Most things are False Flags these days and this one smells more like one than most.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Australian. Ethno-nationalist. Anti-capitalist, anti-individualist. Brevik, turner diaries. Radicalized in Europe. etc etc. Thinks your culture is genetic.

Also Ex An-cap.

How many $#@!ing an-caps were an-caps cuz they thought you could be racist in an an-cap utopia?
    Don't know, but this person's manifesto is memes upon memes. It may never be entirely clear what their motives were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Jacinda Ardern condemns Christchurch mosque shootings

Exclamation NZ - "Right Wing" mosque attack kills 40 in Christchurch, New Zealand

**LIVE UPDATES** Mass Shootings at Mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...h-new-zealand/

At least 40 people have been killed and 20 wounded in mass shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Four people are in custody in connection to the shootings, police confirm.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Early reporting can be foggy/inaccurate but strange details are being reported by some media outlets:

March 15, 2019

Alleged New Zealand Mosque Mass Shooter’s Manifesto Praises Donald Trump As ‘Symbol Of Renewed White Identity’

A man who opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, causing multiple fatalities, also says that prominent Donald Trump supporter Candace Owens inspired him.

NZ shooter feared displacement of white majority

Aaron Patrick
    Mar 15, 2019 — 5.59pm
    Brenton Tarrant is a young, working-class man afraid that the end of the West's white majority who decided to use terrorism to defend it.
    https://www.afr.com/news/world/nz-sh...0190315-h1cfno

Brenton Tarrant: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

1. Brenton Tarrant Describes Himself as “Just a Ordinary White Man” Who “Decided to Take a Stand”

Part of the Brenton Tarrant manifesto.

2. Police Confirmed They Were Dealing With a ‘Serious & Evolving Situation With an Active Shooter’ & the Shooter’s Manifesto Rants About the ‘Decay’ of Europe

Part of his manifesto contains a passage headlined “to conservatives.”
    “Conservatism is dead. Thank Fod. Now let us bury it and move on to something of worth,” he wrote. Another section was headlined “to Christians.” He wrote, “Let our lives be stronger than death to fight against the enemies of the Christian people.”
    Another passage was headlined “to Antifa/Marxists/Communists.” He explained, “I do not want to convert you…I want you in my sights. I want your neck under my boot.”
    The manifesto refers to Turks as “roaches” and orders them to “flee to your own lands, while you still have the chance.” He claimed that European men “are to blame. Weak men have created this situation and strong men are needed to fix it.”
    He trashes “suicidal, nihilistic and degenerate pop icons produced from a dead culture,” mentioning Michael Jackson, Madonna, Kurt Cobain, and Freddy Mercury.

3. The Twitter Account in Brenton Tarrant’s Name Shows Other Mass Shooters’ Names on Weaponry & Discusses Previous Attacks

He shared a video that references Charlottesville.

The writings on Twitter also mention Sebastiano Venier, who was a 1500s era commander in a Christian battle that defeated the Turks at the Battle of Lepanto. Sam Clarke, a reporter with TVNZ, told Al Jazeera that the gunman had a machine gun.

4. The Gunman Was Wearing a Helmet & Military Style Jacket, Reports Say & Witnesses Gave Harrowing Accounts

Tarrant tweet

Witnesses told RadioNZ that the shooter entered during afternoon prayers and was wearing “a helmet and glasses and a military style jacket.” Another witness told Stuff the gunman used up two magazines and described that there were “bodies all over me.”

5. A Witness Heard People Yelling for Help & Others Ran
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/brenton-tarrant/

Edit to add:
    If this reporting is factual, there are some striking similarities in the wording and messaging of the NZ mosque shooter and PA Synagogue shooter few months back ; common perceptions of foreign invasion, White race being under attack with key distinctions of perceived threat sources (muslim vs jewish communities) and very different views about US political situation.

Tweets by PA Synagogue Shooter Robert Bowers

https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/rober...ican-democrat/

10-27-2018

March 15, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Couldn't have happened. NZ has adopted very strict gun legislation.

Edit: Correction. Nz's fire arms laws are not draconian. I was thinking of Australia. Mea Culpa.
    NZ may have draconian laws soon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Early reporting can be foggy/inaccurate but strange details are being reported by some media outlets:

https://www.afr.com/news/world/nz-sh...0190315-h1cfno
    It smells more like a False Flag every time somebody posts about it:

From Google news:

Gunman believed to be Australian shoots dead several people in Christchurch mosque and livestreams the massacre - as more bodies are found at a second mosque

• Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots from his semi-automatic shotgun at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch
    • The gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm
    • Witnesses have said they saw 'blood everywhere' and multiple people were reportedly killed in the massacre
    • One of the gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the mosque firing at dozens as they tried to flee

By Ben Hill For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 21:22 EDT, 14 March 2019

A gunman - believed to be a 28-year-old Australian - has opened fire at a mosque in New Zealand, shooting at children and reportedly killing at least nine people.

Witnesses reported hearing 50 shots from his semi-automatic weapons at Al Noor Mosque in Christchurch on the country's South Island.

The gunman live-streamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque, which happened about 1.30pm (11.30am AEDT) as Friday prayers were underway.

A video seen by Daily Mail Australia shows the man firing multiple shots at dozens of people as they try to flee. A suspect is in custody but it is unclear whether it is the gunman.
    People were also reportedly shot at the nearby Linwood Masjid mosque.
    There are also reports of another shooting outside Christchurch Hospital and that a bomb was found in a car three kilometres from the mosque.
    Police have urged people near the area to stay indoors and report suspicious behaviour, describing the incident as 'critical'.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the attacks were 'one of New Zealand's darkest days'.
    'My thoughts, and I'm sure the thoughts of all New Zealanders, are with those who have been affected, and also with their families,' she said.

In the shooter's manifesto shared to Twitter he mentions being inspired by other shooters including Anders Breivik who killed 77 people in Oslo, Norway in 2011.

He said he 'disliked' Muslims and hated those who had converted to the religion, calling them 'blood traitors'.

Related

2011 Norway attacks
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

'Norway attack suspect had anti-Muslim, pro-Israel views'
    1,500 page manifesto credited to Breivik, accused of killing spree, lays out worldview including extreme screed of Islamophobia, far-right Zionism
    https://www.jpost.com/International/...o-Israel-views
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post

Also Ex An-cap.

If NZ didn't have draconian gun laws today, they will very shortly. I wonder how ugly this is going to after the retaliations begin. I hope they don't.
    Originally Posted by bv3

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NZ may have draconian laws soon.
    Plus clamping on social media according to the psyched prime minister who "reejeects" violence.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Plus clamping on social media according to the psyched prime minister who "reejeects" violence.
    They may end up renaming Christchurch "Muhammadmosque"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

False flag indeed, ironic they added image of Europe say goodby.

They may end up renaming Christchurch "Muhammadmosque"
    I am sure Jacinda will choose the best option.

It smells more like a False Flag every time somebody posts about it:
    Yeah, and when you wear brown lensed glasses, everything takes on that fecal tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Don't know, but this person's manifesto is memes upon memes. It may never be entirely clear what their motives were.
    Despite all the surveillance they were able to fly under the radar.

Yeah, and when you wear brown lensed glasses, everything takes on that fecal tone.
    Losing your sense of smell takes away more than scents and flavors — it can fundamentally change the way you relate to other people.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast