Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Rand Paul Releases Statement on National Emergency Vote

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yes, "any" emergency directly related to navigable waters and water resources management. Border wall emergency declaration is not related to water resources management.
    No, it doesn't say it must be related to those things.
    The Rio Grande is on the border anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'll just repost what I added to my post:
    Here's a tip for reading statute. Just because you find a particular group of words together doesn't mean they apply to everything under the sun. It means they apply to the sections they are placed under, which provide the context for the contents of the section. That section is debatable if the emergency is about customs. The first statute you posted is nonsense, however.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    I visit the_donald on Reddit every day. People there held Rand Paul in high regard whenever his name was brought up to the point they viewed him as the natural choice to succeed Trump in 2024. After his vote here though it seems most of Trump's base now considers him a traitor. I've never seen it so bad and I'm not sure there is anything he can do to regain their trust. I feel his 2024 chances are over. An example thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...at_republican/
    Yeah they all held Rand in very high regard. I was pleasantly surprised. No one acknowledged he had a bill that would have payed for his wall "from Congress."

The Trump people whether right or wrong hold this one real close to their hearts. I dont think they will forget this one. The 12 republicans are now traitors according too trump fans and a lot of Republicans.

Rand may have miscalculated and shot his chance at 2024

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    What is going up in that video? They certainly look like the prototype.

Oh wow, yeah, those do look the same. Check out this comparison:

Last edited by TheCount; 03-20-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AZJoe again."

Glad that he voted against the bill, sad that he did so only on Constitutional grounds (contra the underlying anti-immigrant policy).

I assume that was a futile attempt at pandering to Trump's base.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    I visit the_donald on Reddit every day. People there held Rand Paul in high regard whenever his name was brought up to the point they viewed him as the natural choice to succeed Trump in 2024. After his vote here though it seems most of Trump's base now considers him a traitor. I've never seen it so bad and I'm not sure there is anything he can do to regain their trust. I feel his 2024 chances are over. An example thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...at_republican/
    ...which nicely illustrates said futility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12