Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name Your Favorite 10 Open Border Countries , Should America Be Open Bordered' ?

Name Your Favorite 10 Open Border Countries , Should America Be Open Bordered' ?

I might be open to considering changing my opinion if I can see examples where
    Open Borders have really been a great boon to modern, advanced civilization.

List yours here;

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I might be open to considering changing my opinion if I can see examples where
    Open Borders have really been a great boon to modern, advanced civilization.

List yours here;
    That looks like a pretty complete list of open border countries. I see the US is not on it.

Check out this list of people calling for open borders I found:
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-14-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That looks like a pretty complete list of open border countries. I see the US is not on it.

Your list is incomplete.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Your list is incomplete.
    Would you like to add your name to it?

Lol, to be fair all EU countries have open borders with each other.

Would you like to add your name to it?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

America is an example, but I am guessing the Indians would change that if they could go back in time. It didn't work out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But not with the whole world.
    The EU bit isn't working very well either and they are going to end it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So do US states.

Baarle - Hertog . Better beer than california or somali land .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    America is an example, but I am guessing the Indians would change that if they could go back in time.
    America changed when it became clear that it was a bad idea to remain one.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Never mind open borders, what about countries whose borders weren't as strong as the armies that invaded. The Turks wiped out the Greeks and Armenians. The Poles and the French faired slightly better in WWII.

''To be fair'' You came here ''to be fair'' ....

lmao

And how is this working out for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    ''To be fair'' You came here ''to be fair'' ....

lmao

And how is this working out for you:

The border seems to be close from the image you posted. I am always fair in my dealing with the world, I treat people the way I want to be treated. That is how I roll

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    So do US states.
    He said countries not states, every country divided into states also have open borders between the states. This is not unique to the US.

He said countries not states, every country divided into states also have open borders between the states. This is not unique to the US.
    And the members of the EU were transitioning to being states with a common external national border that was theoretically closed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    February 16, 2018

Why Democrats Should Support Open Borders

Although the US Senate is holding a debate on immigration policy, the Republican leadership has already settled on an extreme position that will substantially reduce all immigration to the United States.

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell said the debate will end this week and indicated that the Secure and Succeed Act, proposed by senators Chuck Grassley and Tom Cotton but voted down by the Senate on Thursday 39-60, was the only bill that could pass the House and be signed by the president. Senator Cotton said on Tuesday that it was a non-negotiable “best and final offer”. In the face of this recalcitrance, the Democrats must rethink their current incoherent immigration policy and argue robustly for more open borders.

The Republican plan would have allocated $25bn for border security, ended the diversity visa, and substantially restricted family reunification visas in exchange for a 12-year path for citizenship, including “good moral character checks”, for the 1.8 million people who were qualified for the Daca program. Overall, the plan would reduce legal immigration to the US by 35%, or more than 350,000 people per year mostly from Latin America, Asia and Africa.

It is logical to support immigration restrictions if you believe that the United States is fundamentally an Anglo-European culture with western civilizational roots. This logic drove the United States’ earliest immigration laws from the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 to the Immigration Act of 1924 that established quotas to protect a racially defined notion of who could enter the United States. Subsequent immigration laws removed the explicitly racist elements, but have continued to limit the number of immigrants, the vast majority of whom are not white.

The core of the Democratic position on immigration is harder to discern. Democrats are in favor of some border security, but definitely not a wall. Democrats favor some immigrants such as Dreamers, but accept the status quo that restricts immigration from most of the planet. Since the Republicans have come clean on their desire to reduce legal immigration, Democrats should formulate a forceful pro-immigration argument in favor of open borders.

Despite the vocal anti-immigration sentiment on the right, opinion surveys suggest most Americans support more immigration. A 2018 Quinnipiac poll found 65% of Americans oppose building more border walls and a 2017 Pew survey found that 63% believe immigrants “strengthen the country”. For Democrats, it is 84%.

Open borders could have an enormous positive impact on GDP worldwide. Even critics of immigration, such as George Borjas, acknowledge this: “The removal of immigration restrictions would indeed lead to a huge increase in GDP: global wealth would increase by $40tn – almost a 60% rise. Moreover, the gain would accrue each year after the restrictions were removed.” Given the clear economic benefit, the conservative Wall Street Journal ran an editorial in 1984 arguing for a five word amendment to the US constitution: “There shall be open borders.”

The concern that some citizens might lose jobs to immigrants is not supported by research. One study found migrant and native workers are employed in different sectors of the economy, another showed that migrants create 1.2 additional jobs beyond the job they do because they rent an apartment, buy a car, and frequent local businesses.

The claim that immigrants commit more crime is also false. One study found that 3% of migrants without a college degree are in jail, compared to 11% of the native population. The Cato Institute calculated that the odds of being killed in a terrorist attack carried out by an immigrant are extremely low, 1 in 723 million.

How many people would actually move if borders were open? A 2011 Gallop survey found that 14% of the world population would like to move to another country, with perhaps 100 million wanting to go to the US. These numbers may alarm some, but these movements would happen over years, or even decades.

Furthermore, they are less than the rate of population growth in the United States in the late 19th century through migration. Thirty million people from Europe arrived in the United States between 1815 and 1915. At the beginning of that era, in 1815, the US population was only 8.5 million.

Finally, there is not a moral or ethical reason to justify restricting the movement of other human beings at borders. Border controls harm other people by limiting their opportunities and by causing many to die when they do try to move. In 2016, more than 7,800 people died simply trying to move from one place to another. Today, Donald Trump and his supporters see migrants as the barbarians at the gate. However, future generations may look back on our era and see the people violently manning the gates as the true barbarians.

The Republican position on immigration is coherent, but racist. The Democrats should reject the bill and argue for the politically popular, economically sound, and morally right position: open borders.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rders-dreamers

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

The USA up until progressives took over.

The border seems to be close from the image you posted. I am always fair in my dealing with the world, I treat people the way I want to be treated. That is how I roll

''To be fair'' ;I asked you how's that EU thing working out for you ? Your response blah blah blah..
    ''want to treat others...'' lmao

''That's how you roll? ''

Yea , we know.

If you're married or know what marriage means , do you make sure that any man with 'desire'
    has open access to your wife ?
    You keep saying 'fair' , and you do love giving away
    my culture, and property , right ?

My favorite country with "open" borders is the one where "Ron Paul is president he won in 2012 and it's his second term". The national debt was payed off after he cut all the wasteful government and ended the eugenics drug wars. My fictional America is better then your open borders fictional America because we don't lock people in cages for profit and racist purposes encourage them to murder babies before they are born. We even have flying cars so we don't need roads like the liberals wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The USA up until progressives took over.
    Coolidge was a progressive?

News to me...

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Finally, there is not a moral or ethical reason to justify restricting the movement of other human beings at borders. Border controls harm other people by limiting their opportunities and by causing many to die when they do try to move. In 2016, more than 7,800 people died simply trying to move from one place to another. Today, Donald Trump and his supporters see migrants as the barbarians at the gate. However, future generations may look back on our era and see the people violently manning the gates as the true barbarians.
    Why do they die?

Its never a good idea to open borders but in order for leftists and progressives to learn on what the results would mean America should open borders and find it out by itself the hard way.

Leftists think they would gain new voters and supporters they sadly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Coolidge was a progressive?

News to me...
    Progressivism had already taken hold before Coolidge. But before that the USA had open borders.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Its never a good idea to open borders but in order for leftists and progressives to learn on what the results would mean America should open borders and find it out by itself the hard way.

Leftists think they would gain new voters and supporters they sadly mistaken.
    Unfortunately the left can be quite stubborn when it comes to learning lessons. How long have we been rubbing California's nose over the pile of *#^% on the carpet, and they still keep pooping inside the house?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The whole point of the EU is that it's one big country. Sort of like the United States, but not as good.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Unfortunately the left can be quite stubborn when it comes to learning lessons. How long have we been rubbing California's nose over the pile of *#^% on the carpet, and they still keep pooping inside the house?
    Our $#@! doesn't stink.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    California is already falling, and it's not the fall that hurts it's the pride. They will blame everything but their own liberal policies when they run out of water completely. They are already convincing themselves it's the SUVs and cow farts with their 9 cats and 30 thousand dollar chicken houses.

#1 US taxpayers funded Gaza
    (though not technically a country but more like an open-air territory)

#2 Libya

#3 Syria

#4 Iraq

#5 Various countries of Europe

I'm sure there are other examples but these sound familiar because in recent years these countries border openings have frequently made haedlines in US media. In fact, various US regimes have taken advantage of their open border policies and often go their uninvited.

With the welfare state present? No

Without the welfare state? Yes

Right now, the government panders to classes, taking from some and distributing to others. They do this because they have taken on the role, without any real opposition (its the government our paternal nannies) The last thing I want are more fingers in my pockets. Fk open borders - we have bigger issues to tend to right now.

Also, as to "buying time" by building some wall - this is analogous to removing a splinter from a gangrenous limb - it buys us no time. If time is what you're trying to buy, targeted severance of welfare distribution to all illegal immigrants should be the priority. It removes some incentive on the class, and moves us towards solving the problem.

Then we can move towards removing other classes, such as General Electric, General Motors, General Dynamics, etc.. And for that matter, Israel, Iraq, Egypt, Afghanistan...

American is one giant fking tit for the world to suck off of - to me, weening these tit suckers off is the priority. The rest of these arguments are just splinters, distracting us from a very serious bigger issue.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast