Thread: Orange One grounds B737 Max in the US

Orange One grounds B737 Max in the US

Orange One has grounded the 737 Max fleet in the US.

Perhaps next, he can get my Takata airbag replaced.

Or perhaps he will be performing healings at tent revivals.

He is like a great big Orange Santa/Daddy figure in our lives, helping to keep us safe.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL - I read that and said..."Orange One"....what $#@!ing airline is that?

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Perhaps next, he can get my Takata airbag replaced.
    That is criminal.

Millions and millions of these automotive land mines are in millions and millions of cars on the road.

Bad enough you can't get them replaced readily but ever $#@!ing government will not even allow you to disable that bomb inches from you face, until repairs can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL - I read that and said..."Orange One"....what $#@!ing airline is that?
    Orange One just came to me as he came on my teevee, interrupting my daytime drama, to tell me that HE has decided to ground the fleet.

I have no opinion on the merits of the grounding without seeing some data, but a more humble president would simply call the Administrator over at the FAA and inquire as to what they were going to do about it. And maybe provide a big orange input about it.

Seems to me to be grandstanding.

Maybe his old friend, Stikki Nikki over at Boeing, will be able to change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That is criminal.

Millions and millions of these automotive land mines are in millions and millions of cars on the road.

Bad enough you can't get them replaced readily but ever $#@!ing government will not even allow you to disable that bomb inches from you face, until repairs can be.
    I've got a 2005 Honda Element. Years ago we were camping in Arkansas and driving on a back country road. It was hunting season and there were a bunch of hunters in the area. All of a sudden I heard a loud bang and felt a little pressure on my left side. Not pain, but I thought I might have been shot. Looked down and the side front airbag had deployed. Had only been driving 15mph on a gravel road.

Despite my complaints I had to replace it out of pocket. Insurance wouldn't cover it because it wasn't an accident. Took it as high up to Honda as I could but would have had to file a suit to get any further.

A few years later the Takata thing hit the news. Recalls then replaced the driver front airbag. Apparently now, a new recall will replace the replacement in the near future.

This will affect my commute to work, maybe @oyarde can start driving me there.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    This will affect my commute to work, maybe @oyarde can start driving me there.
    I was hoping you would get more days off and drive me around while we drink .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Orange One just came to me as he came on my teevee, interrupting my daytime drama, to tell me that HE has decided to ground the fleet.

I have no opinion on the merits of the grounding without seeing some data, but a more humble president would simply call the Administrator over at the FAA and inquire as to what they were going to do about it. And maybe provide a big orange input about it.

Seems to me to be grandstanding.

Maybe his old friend, Stikki Nikki over at Boeing, will be able to change his mind.
    It WAS the FAA, not Trump.

The FAA is ordering the temporary grounding of Boeing 737 MAX aircraft (PDF) operated by U.S. airlines or in U.S. territory. The agency made this decision as a result of the data gathering process and new evidence collected at the site and analyzed today. This evidence, together with newly refined satellite data available to FAA this morning, led to this decision.

The grounding will remain in effect pending further investigation, including examination of information from the aircraft’s flight data recorders and cockpit voice recorders. An FAA team is in Ethiopia assisting the NTSB as parties to the investigation of the Flight 302 accident. The agency will continue to investigate.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I was hoping you would get more days off and drive me around while we drink .
    Being driven around by a drunk Injun, no thanks, they can't even drive well sober. Almost as bad as the Somali drivers here.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Ya it seems there was something on the site they saw that influenced the decision .
    Do something Danke

Being driven around by a drunk Injun, no thanks, they can't even drive well sober. Almost as bad as the Somali drivers here.
    Even drunk I can drive better than a Somali .
    Do something Danke

That is not saying much.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

That is not saying much.
    LOL
    Do something Danke

Experience goes a long way.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Yes, you and I both know that the Administrator of the agency is the one that implements these decisions.

However, Orange One and much of the media claim that this was his executive decision.

A small distinction, to be sure, for anybody who cares.

This plays well with those who crave the nation that there is a firm, kind and competent hand at the wheel of government.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 03-13-2019 at 04:59 PM.