Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 77

Thread: There are no cuts in Trump's budget

  1. #1

    There are no cuts in Trump's budget

    Just to get that out of the way early this time 'round.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    With the Demoncrats holding the House he will be lucky to get this.

    If he ever gets a Congress with enough conservatives to overcome the left and the RINOs we may see actual cuts.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #3
    Deficit in 2029 - $202B. Pipe dreams.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    With the Demoncrats holding the House he will be lucky to get this.

    If he ever gets a Congress with enough conservatives to overcome the left and the RINOs we may see actual cuts.
    You mean like when Team Red held both the house and senate, as well as the presidency from 2016-2018? Yeah, I am still stoked at all the spending cuts and liberty spreading during those golden years.
    I do not consent.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    You mean like when Team Red held both the house and senate, as well as the presidency from 2016-2018? Yeah, I am still stoked at all the spending cuts and liberty spreading during those golden years.
    Team Red is rarely very conservative.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Team Red is rarely very conservative.
    Team Red is there to provide an illusion of choice.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    You mean like when Team Red held both the house and senate, as well as the presidency from 2016-2018? Yeah, I am still stoked at all the spending cuts and liberty spreading during those golden years.
    What's that definition of insanity I've heard from time to time? Something about doing the same thing and expecting a different result?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

  9. #8
    What you are showing is the effect of the mandatory programs, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid.

    Must be a hard life not to understand how to read tables. Please refer to Table S-4 to see the proposed cuts to discretionary non-defense spending. It goes from $639B in 2018 to $511B in 2029.

    The Table S-4 also shows reductions in the mandatory programs beginning in 2021 from the reform proposals to reduce costs. While these reforms can slow the growth of the spending, I agree these are not cuts to the mandatory programs.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Just to get that out of the way early this time 'round.

    Personally I am all for cuts . Which cuts were you expecting , eliminating the USDA and medicaid ?
    Do something Danke

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    You mean like when Team Red held both the house and senate, as well as the presidency from 2016-2018? Yeah, I am still stoked at all the spending cuts and liberty spreading during those golden years.
    Not like that at all, the majorities were not even close to large enough to overcome the RINOs.
    You did read what I said about the RINOs, right?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #11
    I know the answer, more tax cuts
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I know the answer, more tax cuts
    That is part of the answer.
    Trump's tax cuts HAVE increased revenues, they just didn't increase it as much as the mandatory budget items increased in addition to his DoD budget increases minus his cuts to the rest of the budget.
    Further cuts would probably still increase revenues.
    Larger cuts are of course the biggest part of the answer.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I know the answer, more tax cuts
    It would help.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    With the Demoncrats holding the House he will be lucky to get this.

    If he ever gets a Congress with enough conservatives to overcome the left and the RINOs we may see actual cuts.
    It is a good thing they pushed through all those budget cuts when Republicans controlled all three parts of the budget process (House, Senate, and President). How much was it they reduced the deficit by again? What- the deficit is higher now? What a bunch of commie socialists!


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It is a good thing they pushed through all those budget cuts when Republicans controlled all three parts of the budget process (House, Senate, and President). How much was it they reduced the deficit by again? What- the deficit is higher now? What a bunch of commie socialists!
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Not like that at all, the majorities were not even close to large enough to overcome the RINOs.
    You did read what I said about the RINOs, right?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ...
    Your usual- commies and RINOs. There are no Republicans. Republicans quit caring about deficits when "read my lips" lost re-election.


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Your usual- commies and RINOs.
    Truth is truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There are no Republicans. Republicans quit caring about deficits when "read my lips" lost re-election.
    Not all of them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Truth is truth.


    Not all of them.
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Ghouliani


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Ghouliani
    Your idol.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    What you are showing is the effect of the mandatory programs, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid.
    No. The increases in defense spending alone are greater than the non-defense cuts and result in a net increase within discretionary spending, completely ignoring all non-discretionary spending or, as listed in the budget, mandatory programs.

    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Must be a hard life not to understand how to read tables. Please refer to Table S-4 to see the proposed cuts to discretionary non-defense spending. It goes from $639B in 2018 to $511B in 2029.
    Look down just one row from that row. Which number on the highlighted row is smaller than the 2018 number?







    Must be tough not being able to read tables.
    Last edited by TheCount; 03-12-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.


  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Personally I am all for cuts . Which cuts were you expecting , eliminating the USDA and medicaid ?
    The kind of cuts that result in a smaller number.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.


  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What's that definition of insanity I've heard from time to time? Something about doing the same thing and expecting a different result?
    We all know what's going to happen. A compromise will be reached such that Trump's requested increases in defense spending are paired with increases in non-defense spending such that even more money is spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.


  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The kind of cuts that result in a smaller number.
    I get excited just thinking about cuts . I want to turn on the news and gleefully see the wailing and gnashing of teeth . You guys let me know when it is time .
    Do something Danke

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Your usual- commies and RINOs. There are no Republicans. Republicans quit caring about deficits when "read my lips" lost re-election.
    They shouldn't care about deficits.

    Total spending, whether deficit or not, is what they should care about.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    no cuts... no surprises

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It is a good thing they pushed through all those budget cuts when Republicans controlled all three parts of the budget process (House, Senate, and President). How much was it they reduced the deficit by again? What- the deficit is higher now? What a bunch of commie socialists!
    how do you feel about the country issuing debt free united states notes instead of federal reserve notes???

    we get our money without anymore debt.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    You mean like when Team Red held both the house and senate, as well as the presidency from 2016-2018? Yeah, I am still stoked at all the spending cuts and liberty spreading during those golden years.
    $#@!ing nothing.

    No dissolving of any agencies.

    No budget cuts.

    No repealing of any anti-2A laws.

    Zero.

    And its not just Trump, W Bush had the same opportunity. Grew the $#@! out of government, spending like crazy, $#@! all over the Constitution...

    WTF?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Team Red is there to provide an illusion of choice.
    Slightly better.

    But their rhetoric sounds good.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    how do you feel about the country issuing debt free united states notes instead of federal reserve notes???

    we get our money without anymore debt.
    What would be a "debt free note"?


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What would be a "debt free note"?


    Gee, could we, oh, I don't know, use something of actual value to barter with without getting thrown in jail? Or do we have to use banker-packaged bundles of debt--junk bonds, essentially--to avoid prison?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Trump's UN Budget Cuts Funding; Some Agencies Would Get Zero
    By Swordsmyth in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2018, 07:36 PM
  2. Trump Pushes For Massive Budget, Staff Cuts At EPA
    By seapilot in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2017, 02:37 PM
  3. Trump budget: No cuts to entitlements
    By undergroundrr in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 03:38 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2017, 10:03 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 10:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •