Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC bans meat on Mondays in all NYC public schools

Exclamation NYC bans meat on Mondays in all NYC public schools

More rule by fatwa.

NYC will have ‘Meatless Mondays’ in all public schools

https://pix11.com/2019/03/11/nyc-wil...ublic-schools/

POSTED 5:45 PM, MARCH 11, 2019, BY JENNIFER BISRAM, UPDATED AT 06:10PM, MARCH 11, 2019

NEW YORK — There'll be no mystery meat (or any other meat) on Mondays at New York City public schools.

That's because the city is expanding its "Meatless Mondays" program in the fall.

The initiative will provide the system's million students with all-vegetarian breakfast and lunch menus every Monday. Advocates say it promotes healthy, environmentally friendly meal options.

Mayor Bill de Blasio and NYC Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza made the announcement Monday after having lunch with students at P.S 130 in Brooklyn.

“We want our kids to be as healthy as they could be and learn as well as they can and meatless Mondays gives them more balance in their lives,” de Blasio said.

Carranza said all 1,800 of NYC public schools will now have healthy, all vegetarian breakfast and lunch menus every Monday, for free.

“It will reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer,” Carranza said.

This comes as a new report reveals more than half of NYC public school students eat lunch before 11 a.m. every day, some as early as 8:50 a.m.

According to city officials, they’re working to have that changed by next year.

As for city students, they say they don’t mind eating their fruits and vegetables if it means protecting the earth and preserving their health.

“It’s awesome every student should have the opportunity to eat healthy and school great place to do that,” said Ciasia Joseph, an 8th grade student at the school.

Meatless Mondays goes into effect at all NYC public schools beginning this fall.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So begins the Black Market Bacon Mondays...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Would love to have some of the vegans that used to be around here, that would tell me there won't be "bans on meat", check in on this story.
    @lilymc ???

Wouldn’t it make more sense to ban just one meal per day for two or three days, then a good source of a growing child’s protein for a whole day?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

He probably just looked at the numbers and found out he could save millions every week by just cutting the meat supplies back by one day.
    FJB

Whats this really about?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Whats this really about?
    Banning meat or taxing it so heavily that only the rich can afford it so that malnutrition will make the public dumber than ever.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Seriously? will they ban to breath next?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bull$#@!. Those kids need to get their Monday's worth of protein. How else are they going to grow up big and strong?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Bull$#@!. Those kids need to get their Monday's worth of protein. How else are they going to grow up big and strong?
    Let them eat fish?

Thought that used to be a Friday thing.

NYC is not very 'merican . I would not send my kid to publik skoolz there or send them on mondays . Mondays should be for hunting , fishing and BBQing .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Would love to have some of the vegans that used to be around here, that would tell me there won't be "bans on meat", check in on this story.
    @lilymc ???
    What ban? they set the menu and they want to make Mondays to be vegetarian. There was a time my parents made fridays meatless, we also did not eat any meat(not even fish) and during lent, someone could say that my parents banned meat for the season.

They did not ban anything, they set the menu and they want it to be meatless. My guess seeing as they can eat meat during the other 4 days is that they are doing this to cut down on cost. They are not coming for your meat, btw the whole thing with cows and global warming is not them trying to ban meats, its them trying to tax meat more than they are taxing it now.
    Last edited by juleswin; 03-31-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Do u really think missing meat one day a week at school is going to negatively affect a kid. Btw, there are other sources of protein other than meat. The kids are going to be OK

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    He probably just looked at the numbers and found out he could save millions every week by just cutting the meat supplies back by one day.
    +rep Took the words out of my mouth. This is about money not some covert attempt to turn the general public into law abiding vegan stupid people. Its about the money.

“We want our kids to be as healthy as they could be and learn as well as they can and meatless Mondays gives them more balance in their lives,” de Blasio said.
    They're cutting out a food group and calling it adding balance?

Thanks, DiBlasiorwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    They are not coming for your meat.
    Umm, yes they are.

This is just conditioning for what is to come.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-12-2019 at 11:19 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All I know is here in NY I have been having a real hard time getting good meat and it has been getting worse year after year. I also notice the meat sections in the supermarkets are getting smaller and smaller. The quality no matter what I buy tastes disgusting and you cannot even chew it half the time.

It is almost as if they are doing it intentionally to get people off of meat. My beef consumption in some form or other has dropped significantly simply because of it and not because I want to stop eating it.

Seems like the old hamburgers they served in elementary school were mostly soy anyway.

This story really begins in the 1930s, with Henry Ford, automaker, soybean believer, chemurgist. "Chemurgy" was a sort of technocratic alliance between agriculturalists and industrialists, a movement that perceived America’s farmland as a source not only of food, but also of raw materials for modern industry. Chemists devised new uses for agricultural surplus and farm wastes: wallpaper and glue from peanut shells; synthetic rubbers from soybeans and corn; ethanol fuels from corn, barley, sweet potatoes, and Jerusalem artichokes; milkweed-stuffed life preservers. These new industrial markets were supposed to keep farmers afloat during the lean years of the Depression, while also providing a foundation for national self-sufficiency and continuing prosperity in a world that increasingly seemed on the brink of another war.

“Everything pertaining to an automobile has its origin in the earth,” explained one newspaper article in 1936, describing the Ford Motor Company's chemurgic research efforts. “There is no need, as Mr. Ford sees it, to exhaust the mines and forests if the material required can be grown on the farm.” Ford envisioned efficient farm-factories, where renewable materials could be grown, harvested, and processed into plastics, synthetic rubbers, and fuels, a future where his company would one day be in the business of “growing cars out of the ground.”

In particular, Ford placed a big bet on soy. Soy had been grown commercially in the U.S. since the 1920s, largely as a source of oils and animal feed, but Ford was particularly interested in its uses in phenolic plastics. The scientists at the soybean research laboratory at Ford's vast industrial compound in Dearborn, Michigan were tasked with developing new uses for soy oils and soy meals: in plastics, resins, lubricants, and fuels. Ford automobiles in the 1930s increasingly used soy-based materials in paints and shock absorbers, and featured soy-plastic buttons, knobs, and seats. This project culminated with the “soybean car,” a 1941 prototype whose chassis was (allegedly) made entirely from a soy-based plastic resin. Although the focus was on industrial research, Ford did not entirely ignore the edible potential of the soybean. A vegetarian, Ford was an avid believer in the vital powers of soyfoods. A smorgasborg of soyfoods — including soybean “steaks,” soy milk, and soybean coffee — accompanied the soybean car’s debut.
    Boyer continued to work on spun proteins after the war, hoping to find a way to create a nutritious edible fiber from material destined for livestock feed or the trash heap. First, though, there was the problem of taste. Earlier attempts to make human foods out of defatted protein-rich soy meal had faltered; traces of soluble carbohydrates and other compounds gave the substance a disagreeably bitter “beany” flavor, and contributed to its unfortunate reputation for causing digestive distress. The introduction of highly refined food-grade soy protein isolates in the 1950s made it possible to produce spun soy fiber without the bitterness or the farting. Purified soy protein isolate produced fibers which were pale, bland, odorless, and highly digestible, an edible blank canvas primed for the application of flavor effects.

Boyer received a patent for his protein-spinning process in the early 1950s, which he then licensed to various food manufacturers. The first taker was Worthington Foods, an Ohio company that made vegetarian foods primarily for Seventh-Day Adventist communities. Worthington introduced the first commercial spun soy protein product: Fri-Chik, chicken-flavored pre-cooked heat-and-serve patties that were available frozen or in cans.

Larger food manufacturing and agribusiness companies, including Archer-Daniels-Midland, Swift & Co., and General Foods, licensed Boyer’s patent. But no company invested as much in the potential of spun protein as General Mills, which put Boyer's method at the heart of its synthetic foods research program. At its peak in the 1960s, General Mills’ Isolated Protein Research & Development Program employed more than 50 scientists and technicians, working on ways to scale up spun protein production and develop new kinds of commercial products.
    Bontrae's second use was as a meat extender, blended with ground beef to reduce meal costs without diminishing nutritional value. Initially, the main market for textured protein meat extenders were institutions, not households. When the National School Lunch Program approved the addition of textured soy protein to meat dishes in 1971, it was a boon to spun protein manufacturers like General Mills and also makers of a competing product, extruded textured soy flours. (How many of my beloved elementary school sloppy joes were bulked with textured soy?) But a consumer market for these products was envisioned as well.
    More: http://nadiaberenstein.com/blog/2017/6/5/tastethefuture
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-12-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    All I know is here in NY I have been having a real hard time getting good meat and it has been getting worse year after year. I also notice the meat sections in the supermarkets are getting smaller and smaller. The quality no matter what I buy tastes disgusting and you cannot even chew it half the time.

It is almost as if they are doing it intentionally to get people off of meat. My beef consumption in some form or other has dropped significantly simply because of it and not because I want to stop eating it.
    The Rich get the good stuff and always fresh from the farms. They dont shop for their foods.

Do u really think missing meat one day a week at school is going to negatively affect a kid. Btw, there are other sources of protein other than meat. The kids are going to be OK
    If you don't eat meat on Monday you might as well not eat meat for the rest of the week.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

+rep Took the words out of my mouth. This is about money not some covert attempt to turn the general public into law abiding vegan stupid people. Its about the money.
    It's about both.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is just the thin end of the wedge, they will expand the number of days involved as time goes on and they will increase the "sin" taxes and eventually they will start to impose rationing and then bans.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What ban? they set the menu and they want to make Mondays to be vegetarian. There was a time my parents make fridays meatless, we also did not eat any meat(not even fish) and during lent, someone could say that my parents banned meat for the season.

They did not ban anything, they set the menu and they want it to be meatless. My guess seeing as they can eat meat during the other 4 days is that they are doing this to cut down on cost. They are not coming for your meat, btw the whole thing with cows and global warming is not them trying to ban meats, its them trying to tax meat more than they are taxing it now.
    And the end goal is to tax it so heavily that only the rich can afford it.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 03-12-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is just the thin end of the wedge, they will expand the number of days involved as time goes on and they will increase the "sin" taxes and eventually they will start to impose rationing and then bans.
    Why is incrementalism such a hard concept for some folks to grasp?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The Rich get the good stuff and always fresh from the farms. They dont shop for their foods.
    One reason to be on top .
    Do something Danke

Because ignoring it allows them to remain blissfully ignorant.
    Some people would rather live for a few years with no fears and then suddenly be killed than worry about what is coming and have a chance to survive and live much longer.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Its not incrementalism. You still live in a country where u can buy 32 oz steak in a restaurant and eat it by yourself, u have buffets where u can eat unlimited chicken wings etc etc. This not incrementalism, this is just a sign of economic decline. You people read too much into these sort of news.

Its not incrementalism. You still live in a country where u can buy 32 oz steak in a restaurant and eat it by yourself, u have buffets where u can eat unlimited chicken wings etc etc. This not incrementalism, this is just a sign of economic decline. You people read too much into these sort of news.
    I've seen enough incrementalism in my years to know the start of it when I see it.

You just can't grasp the concept, can you?
    Of course we still have those things, BECAUSE WE ARE ONLY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE INCREMENTAL CAMPAIGN AND THERE IS RESISTANCE TO IT.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Originally Posted by juleswin

They are not coming for your meat.
    Umm, yes they are.

This is just conditioning for what is to come.
    And the end goal is to tax it so heavily that only the rich can afford it.

Because ignoring it allows them to remain blissfully ignorant.
    Some people would rather live for a few years with no fears and then suddenly be killed than worry about what is coming and have a chance to survive and live much longer.
    I've seen enough incrementalism in my years to know the start of it when I see it.
    You just can't grasp the concept, can you?
    Of course we still have those things, BECAUSE WE ARE ONLY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE INCREMENTAL CAMPAIGN AND THERE IS RESISTANCE TO IT.

The wedge is driven in another inch:

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    New York City is the first city in the United States to eliminate processed meats.

Mayor Bill de Blasio approved an ambitious $14 billion Green New Deal on Monday, April 22, to combat climate change. The plan will cut purchases of red meat by 50 percent in its city-controlled facilities such as hospitals, schools, and correctional facilities. The new commitment builds off of the Meatless Mondays campaign that was adopted by all NYC schools in 2017.

"If we don't act soon on climate change, our children will pay for our mistakes. And if Washington doesn't hold Big Oil accountable, New York City will."

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/content/...prove-climate/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast