Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: TWO great candidates running in NC-09 US House re-do election

ANNOUNCEMENT: TWO great candidates running in NC-09 US House re-do election

6-30-19 UPDATE: Jeff Scott is campaigning hard and we are running a serious campaign. Anybody remember Rachel Mills from Dr. Paul's campaigns? She's helping us out too. We could use some support for basic campaign expenses though most of us are working for free. Ridenhour lost the GOP primary, but had a very good showing, and is no longer a candidate.

Hello RPF friends,
    I'd like to officially introduce RPF to TWO great candidates that are running for the NC-09 US House seat that is undergoing a "re-do election". Each offers appeal, whether you are a Libertarian Party platform supporter or a Republican Party platform supporter. I personally know both gentlemen and can emphatically attest to their genuine status as supporters of RPF's mission. Integrity, Liberty, Privacy, Prosperity, to name a few. Both deserve your support, whether through campaign donations, word-of-mouth or direct campaign assistance. The Republican primary is May 14, so the election schedule is compressed. Not much time to make things happen...

Libertarian Jeff Scott (in general election set for Sept 10 2019)
    http://www.jeffscottforcongress.com/

Republican Matthew Ridenhour (out, lost primary)
    https://voteridenhour.com/

Please visit their websites and PM me if you want more info or can help somehow. This is a great opportunity to support good candidates!
    Last edited by devil21; 06-30-2019 at 12:08 PM. Reason: updated election details and Scott's web address
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump for exposure/consideration.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Rand Paul endorses Matthew Ridenhour
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ressional-Seat

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

bump

Campaigns are going well! Ridenhour's primary is May 14th and we have over 100 volunteers working for his campaign. We'd very much appreciate it if any liberty lovers that want to help out a campaign that has a very serious chance to win a House seat could make a small donation to Ridenhour's campaign.

http://www.voteridenhour.com

Yay! Rand tweeted about his Ridenhour endorsement. I'd rather it was on the official Senate twitter account but I'll take it

https://twitter.com/DrRandPaul/statu...21223018332160
    Last edited by devil21; 04-22-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yay! Rand tweeted about his Ridenhour endorsement. I'd rather it was on the official Senate twitter account but I'll take it

https://twitter.com/DrRandPaul/statu...21223018332160
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The elder Dr. Paul is also endorsing Matthew Ridenhour. No formal statement is released yet but Matthew announced it on a podcast yesterday.

Made official:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best of luck to him!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Thanks to any and all that donated to Matthew's primary campaign. We didn't win, unfortunately, but showed very well with a 3rd place finish (very close to 2nd), out of 10 candidates, including the winner who put in a quarter of a million dollars of his own money and another candidate that had $1.4 million of PAC spending. You supported a great grassroots campaign. I met some young YAL people that are still energized by Dr. Paul's message even today!

Thanks to any and all that donated to Matthew's primary campaign. We didn't win, unfortunately, but showed very well with a 3rd place finish (very close to 2nd), out of 10 candidates, including the winner who put in a quarter of a million dollars of his own money and another candidate that had $1.4 million of PAC spending. You supported a great grassroots campaign. I met some young YAL people that are still energized by Dr. Paul's message even today!
    Who won?

The OP says there were two great candidates.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Who won?

The OP says there were two great candidates.
    The GOP primary winner was Dan Bishop, an establishment attorney who spent $250k of his own money on his campaign. That was Ridenhour's race. The second candidate in my OP is the Libertarian Party nominee who will be in the general election in September against Bishop and the Dem nominee, McCready. Ridenhour and Scott would have only been direct opponents if Ridenhour had won the primary.

It's better strategically that the Dem wins this time around so that we can win the next primary. Dems already control the House by a significant margin.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    It's better strategically that the Dem wins this time around so that we can win the next primary. Dems already control the House by a significant margin.
    Yep, that's our assessment also. A lot of voters I met said they weren't voting for Matthew this time (that whole "it's not your turn" theme) but would in a future run. By the time whoever wins this special election is sworn in it'll almost be time to start campaigning for 2020 re-election. The GOP nominee is unlikely to win because he has a lot of baggage. Voters

LP nominee Jeff Scott is still in the NC9 Congressional race and could use your support!

He makes a great point in this video that many people are actually libertarian minded but don't realize it and instead are registered Independent/Unaffiliated.

bump for Jeff Scott's NC9 campaign. We are running a serious campaign and could use some financial and grassroots activism support for outreach efforts over the next 2 months. Most of us are working for free but we still need some support for materials and transportation costs and such.

Jeff Scott For Congress NC9 Special Election

(yours truly built that website^^^)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump for Jeff Scott's NC9 campaign. We are running a serious campaign and could use some financial and grassroots activism support for outreach efforts over the next 2 months. Most of us are working for free but we still need some support for materials and transportation costs and such.

Jeff Scott For Congress NC9 Special Election

(yours truly built that website^^^)
    Nice job!

A couple of corrections if I may...

patent or patient

“Protected profiteers can be eliminated by changing our patent and drug approval system and opening competition for physicians.

Copy-write at the bottom of each page shows 2014. If I may suggest 2014-2019 or something that indicates that the site is not outdated or from a prior race.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Nice job!

A couple of corrections if I may...

patent or patient

“Protected profiteers can be eliminated by changing our patent and drug approval system and opening competition for physicians.

Copy-write at the bottom of each page shows 2014. If I may suggest 2014-2019 or something that indicates that the site is not outdated or from a prior race.
    Patent is the correct word, as far as I know. Jeff provided the issues texts. Yeah that 2014 thing bugs me too but for the life of me I can't find where to easily change it. It's not part of the footer configuration section so I think it's buried somewhere in the code files and I don't like changing code files directly (eta: it's fixed now).

(there's a picture of the "devil21" himself with Jeff in the clickable photo gallery...click the photo boxes and see if you can figure out which one is me hehe...hint: I'm taller than 95% of the population)
    Last edited by devil21; 08-11-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Bump. Less than a month till NC9 Congressional election. Jeff Scott and the team are working tails off to make an impact in this election. Support a great candidate today! http://www.jeffscottforcongress.com
    Last edited by devil21; 08-11-2019 at 10:43 AM.