Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44

Thread: Fox News host Tucker Carlson in lewd recordings controversy

  1. #1

    Fox News host Tucker Carlson in lewd recordings controversy

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47523608

    Audio recordings reveal a top Fox News host using misogynistic and offensive language on a controversial radio show.

    Tucker Carlson, who speaks on the programme every week, is heard in the recordings from between 2006 and 2011 defending child marriage and making sexual comments about underage girls.

    He describes women as "extremely primitive" and "basic".

    The Fox News anchor has invited "anyone who disagrees" with his views to come on his show.

    Mr Carlson was hired by Fox News in 2009 and has presented an eponymous daily evening talk show since 2016.

    The unearthed recordings (which contain explicit language) reveal Mr Carlson calling into a controversial show known as Bubba the Love Sponge. They were published online by the organisation Media Matters for America.

    What was discussed on the show?

    In the recordings Mr Carlson talks to the host, Todd Clem (known as Bubba the Love Sponge), as well as his anonymous co-host, about a range of current affairs.

    On several conversations, the three men discuss abuse and sexual scenarios involving children.

    On two occasions, Mr Carlson lambasts charges against Warren Jeffs, who is in jail for child rape: "Now this guy may be a child rapist," he says, "I'm just telling you that arranging a marriage between a 16-year-old and a 27-year-old is not the same as pulling a stranger off the street and raping her."

    When the show host describes 14-year-old girls at Mr Carlson's daughter's school sexually experimenting with each other, he says: "If it weren't my daughter I would love that scenario."

    He also says that Bill Clinton should divorce his wife Hillary and "take up plural marriage or something with a bunch of teenagers in a foreign country".

    The three men use extremely offensive and misogynistic language against well-known female figures.

    Mr Carlson refers to celebrities Britney Spears and Paris Hilton as "the biggest white whores in America", he calls the journalist Arianna Huffington a "pig" and says that Oprah Winfrey and Hillary Clinton are "anti-man".

    He says that "what gets women going is arguing with them".

    "You just need to be quiet and kind of do what you're told," he added.

    When describing Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan, Mr Carlson says: "I feel sorry for her in that way. I feel sorry for unattractive women."

    How has Tucker Carlson reacted?

    Mr Carlson posted on Twitter acknowledging that he had been caught "saying something naughty on a radio show more than a decade ago".

    He did not "express the usual ritual contrition" but publicised his show and asked his opponents to come on as guests.



    In December, Fox News lost more than a dozen advertisers due to derogatory comments Mr Carlson made about immigrants.

    On Sunday, Fox News rebuked remarks made by host Jeanine Pirro suggesting that Democratic congresswoman Ilhan Omar supported Sharia Law because she wore a hijab.

    "We strongly condemn Jeanine Pirro's comments about Rep Ilhan Omar," the network said in a statement.

    In a tweet on Monday, Ms Omar thanked Fox News, writing: "No one's commitment to our constitution should be questioned because of their faith or country of birth."


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I approve of Tucker's response.

    Democrats are allowed to make anti-semitic remarks, wear blackface, have "coonman" nicknames, and rape women with no consequences. Republicans must resign or be have their careers destroyed if they say the slightest thing that is offensive. Time to start playing by their rules.
    Last edited by fcreature; 03-11-2019 at 01:46 PM.

  4. #3
    "I'm just telling you that arranging a marriage between a 16-year-old and a 27-year-old is not the same as pulling a stranger off the street and raping her."
    Are there people out there trying to say that he's wrong and these are the same?

  5. #4
    Despite some comments online, there is no proof that this leak s related to Tucker being banned from speaking at CPAC 2019 and his recent criticism of MAGA.

    Fox News's Tucker Carlson says Trump has achieved nothing
    washingtonpost
    Dec 6, 2018 - Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson set straight any misinformation concerning his views on President Trump: “I don’t think he’s capable,” he said during an interview on Tuesday.
    This is nothing like Enquirer-Morning Joe or even Bezo scandal.

    “Morning Joe” co-hosts claim that Jared Kushner attempted to blackmail them
    Jared Kushner Told ‘Morning Joe': Apologize to Trump to Kill National Enquirer Story (Report)

    June 30, 2017
    “Kushner told Scarborough that he would need to personally apologize to Trump in exchange for getting Enquirerowner David Pecker to stop the story,” Sherman wrote. “Scarborough says he refused, and the Enquirer published the story in print on June 5, headlined ‘Morning Joe Sleazy Cheating Scandal!'”

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Are there people out there trying to say that he's wrong and these are the same?
    More details: https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...r-carlson-got/

    Sept. 6, 2006: “He’s not accused of touching anybody; he is accused of facilitating a marriage between a 16-year-old girl and a 27-year-old man. That’s the accusation. That’s what they’re calling felony rape. [cross-talk] That’s bulls---. I’m sorry. Now this guy may be [cross-talk], may be a child rapist. I’m just telling you that arranging a marriage between a 16-year-old and a 27-year-old is not the same as pulling a stranger off the street and raping her.”

    Carlson is referring to the charges filed against Jeffs five months earlier in state court in St. George. He was charged with two first-degree felony counts of rape as an accomplice. The victim was actually a 14-year-old girl, who has since identified herself as Elissa Wall. The groom was her 19-year-old cousin.

    Carlson is correct that Jeffs was accused only of facilitating the union. While Jeffs was suspected of his own plural marriages to underage girls by this date, there were no such criminal charges against him.
    Jeffs’ conviction in Utah had not yet been thrown out at the time of these comments.

    However, in July 2008, a Texas grand jury indicted Jeffs on a first-degree felony count of sexually assaulting a child. A second count would later be added. Jeffs was convicted of both charges in 2011 and is serving a sentence of life plus 20 years in prison.


    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

    "China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

    "Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  7. #6
    Yet the American and Euporean Libaerls get away with things like.

    "White people should replaced, We Need New Blood"

    How does that give them a right?

  8. #7
    Hang tough Tucker.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  9. #8
    Is it more lewd than around a million children a year being murdered before they're born and then Force innocent people to pay for it with taxpayer money?

    cuz to me, that's lewd...

    why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

    Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    I approve of Tucker's response.

    Democrats are allowed to make anti-semitic remarks, wear blackface, have "coonman" nicknames, and rape women with no consequences. Republicans must resign or be have their careers destroyed if they say the slightest thing that is offensive. Time to start playing by their rules.
    What consequences would you like to see for democrats who make anti semitic remarks?
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    What consequences would you like to see for democrats who make anti semitic remarks?
    Less "consequences" for speaking your mind, or for comments dredged up from 20 or 30 years ago.

    I could care less what any of those leftists had to say, in fact, the more they say the better.

    But "our" side should stick their guns better.

    All those democrat examples will skate.

    Tucker will be out of a job in week's time, I'll wager.

  14. #12
    Grab em by the pu$$y, Tuck.

    Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"



  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Less "consequences" for speaking your mind, or for comments dredged up from 20 or 30 years ago.

    I could care less what any of those leftists had to say, in fact, the more they say the better.

    But "our" side should stick their guns better.

    All those democrat examples will skate.

    Tucker will be out of a job in week's time, I'll wager.
    I picked the anti semitic part for a reason because it seems that our friend would like to join the dems in the anti semitic witch hunt. For one this antisemitic accusation is recent, not anti semitic at all and he seems to want some kind of punishment more than has already been doled out. The best thing for our (if I can even say that) is for us to show good example of what should be done when someone thrown the usual racist, antisemitic, xx prejudice at us.

    The punishment game is going to hurt us more than it will hurt them.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Less "consequences" for speaking your mind, or for comments dredged up from 20 or 30 years ago.

    I could care less what any of those leftists had to say, in fact, the more they say the better.

    But "our" side should stick their guns better.

    All those democrat examples will skate.

    Tucker will be out of a job in week's time, I'll wager.
    Carlson agrees.

    Opening monologue:


  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I picked the anti semitic part for a reason because it seems that our friend would like to join the dems in the anti semitic witch hunt. For one this antisemitic accusation is recent, not anti semitic at all and he seems to want some kind of punishment more than has already been doled out. The best thing for our (if I can even say that) is for us to show good example of what should be done when someone thrown the usual racist, antisemitic, xx prejudice at us.

    The punishment game is going to hurt us more than it will hurt them.
    The punishment game already hurts us more than it does them.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    "I'm just telling you that arranging a marriage between a 16-year-old and a 27-year-old is not the same as pulling a stranger off the street and raping her."

    Are there people out there trying to say that he's wrong and these are the same?
    Would Tucker Carlson or anyone else at Fox be downplaying an arranged marriage with an under aged bride if all of the people involved were Muslims? Or would be he screaming about sharia law?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Zippy parotting media matters and Soros funded talking points? Say it aint so.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Would Tucker Carlson or anyone else at Fox be downplaying an arranged marriage with an under aged bride if all of the people involved were Muslims? Or would be he screaming about sharia law?
    Good question. however, a better question would be: Would Tucker - over 10 years ago - have been downplaying.... I mean the guy was going by the "southern avenger" back then. He hardly had a serious motif going on...

  22. #19

    Exclamation This is what Tucker Carlson said!

    Media Matters released additional resurfaced comments as Carlson's show aired that featured the Fox News host making incendiary remarks years ago, including saying that "Iraq is a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys. That’s why it wasn't worth invading."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...faced-comments

  23. #20
    Thought he was big supporter of Bush-Cheney policies on Iraq war going by statements he made at CNN at the time.

    But when Foxnews hired him, surely they were aware of these statements and decided he will be a good fit at Foxnews?

  24. #21

  25. #22
    The invasion was wrong, no excuse for it.

  26. #23
    I'm guessing almost, if not every one of these clips are taken completely out of context.

    One of the quotes from Tucker said:

    In March 2006, Carlson spoke about his desire for a presidential candidate to blame the “lunatic Muslims who are behaving like animals.” That candidate would be “elected king” if they vowed to “kill as many of them as [they] can,” Carlson added.


    Who did Tucker Carlson support for President in 2008? Ron Paul.

    So was what Tucker said more of a critique about most voting, Fox News watching Republicans than himself? Could his "racist" statements have been made tongue in cheek?

    None of this matters to Media Matters or WaPo.. they claim Tucker "desired" a Presidential candidate who wanted to kill as many Iraqis as possible, without noting that he ended up supporting Ron Paul who wanted to pull our troops out from everywhere.

    This is the same dishonest bull$#@! we see from members here who support the media matters agenda.

    Media Matters doesn't have a moral high ground, they can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-12-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    L


    Tucker will be out of a job in week's time, I'll wager.
    Zero chance. Tucker gets ratings. Fox generally sticks by people and there are people who have said worse things on the network now. He would stay even with a major boycott.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    I approve of Tucker's response.

    Democrats are allowed to make anti-semitic remarks, wear blackface, have "coonman" nicknames, and rape women with no consequences. Republicans must resign or be have their careers destroyed if they say the slightest thing that is offensive. Time to start playing by their rules.
    They can also be former KKK members.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The reason we have an evil, immoral empire is that it is populated by evil, immoral peons. The State isn't a faceless monster...it is composed of all our petty, ignorant, self-righteous and self-absorbed neighbors.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Media Matters released additional resurfaced comments as Carlson's show aired that featured the Fox News host making incendiary remarks years ago, including saying that "Iraq is a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys. That’s why it wasn't worth invading."
    Was he wrong?
    Yes he was, especially if he was saying this on air and not ramblings in some private dream. A smart person would have opposed such an invasion on moral, self-interest, common sense grounds citing human/economic/psychological costs & blowback risks etc.

    His opposition to Iraq invasion if not a manufactured lie after the fact (there are reports that he championed Bush while working at CNN during Iraqi freedom bloodbath) would be correct but the argument he's giving actually reinforces foreign invasions doctrine by dehumanizing people of countries being invaded by greed,race, revenge motivated neocons using lies as pretext for invasions of other countries.
    Also as Iraqi people are semitic by race, such a language would also seem to be in violatiton GOP's latest global drive against anti-semitism. Besides comparing primitive people to monkeys on air could also create divisions at home as there are many folks still in some states like Utah who shun modernity.

    Pragmatically, it's bad manner too. All mindsets that encouraged/supported such elective foreign invasions then in a way invited reactionary liberal wrath by way of placing a President with same middle name and looks as Iraq's President Hussein into White House and induction of a Princess with similar looks into British Royalty ontop of numerous demogrsphic blowbacks for Europe/Americas.

    Many Dems, especially the bluedog flavor, shares it but sadly similar mindset has been an issue for a significant part GOP and there are still some signs that Barack Hussein Obama phenomenon may get repeated again in coming few years and further erase GOP/Right's charcater aas it has been in recent decades.

  31. #27
    This is like saying someone said something outrageous on Howard Stern. Who cares, the whole point of these shows is to be shocking, hence the term "shock jock".

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I picked the anti semitic part for a reason because it seems that our friend would like to join the dems in the anti semitic witch hunt.
    Also, when I said "anti-semitic" I don't mean to qualify the statements as actually being anti-semitic. I mean that the statements certainly meet the typical standard MSM and everyone holds as being anti-semitic. And as such, they should be held to the same standard. That standard is their resignation, social excommunication, and their career ruined forever.

    I don't know why so many here are so quick to just let the leftists get away with everything, give them the benefit of the doubt, and take all the hits. You think you are taking the high road, but you aren't. You are actually part of the problem.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Also, when I said "anti-semitic" I don't mean to qualify the statements as actually being anti-semitic. I mean that the statements certainly meet the typical standard MSM and everyone holds as being anti-semitic. And as such, they should be held to the same standard. That standard is their resignation, social excommunication, and their career ruined forever.

    I don't know why so many here are so quick to just let the leftists get away with everything, give them the benefit of the doubt, and take all the hits. You think you are taking the high road, but you aren't. You are actually part of the problem.
    I just think its very dangerous for libertarians to try and play this game with liberals. Its the midget testing a 7ft er in a game of basketball. He might score a few points but he is not going to win the game.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Yes he was, especially if he was saying this on air and not ramblings in some private dream. A smart person would have opposed such an invasion on moral, self-interest, common sense grounds citing human/economic/psychological costs & blowback risks etc.

    His opposition to Iraq invasion if not a manufactured lie after the fact (there are reports that he championed Bush while working at CNN during Iraqi freedom bloodbath) would be correct but the argument he's giving actually reinforces foreign invasions doctrine by dehumanizing people of countries being invaded by greed,race, revenge motivated neocons using lies as pretext for invasions of other countries.
    Also as Iraqi people are semitic by race, such a language would also seem to be in violatiton GOP's latest global drive against anti-semitism. Besides comparing primitive people to monkeys on air could also create divisions at home as there are many folks still in some states like Utah who shun modernity.

    Pragmatically, it's bad manner too. All mindsets that encouraged/supported such elective foreign invasions then in a way invited reactionary liberal wrath by way of placing a President with same middle name and looks as Iraq's President Hussein into White House and induction of a Princess with similar looks into British Royalty ontop of numerous demogrsphic blowbacks for Europe/Americas.

    Many Dems, especially the bluedog flavor, shares it but sadly similar mindset has been an issue for a significant part GOP and there are still some signs that Barack Hussein Obama phenomenon may get repeated again in coming few years and further erase GOP/Right's charcater aas it has been in recent decades.
    I meant was he factually wrong? The average IQ in Iraq is only 87. It's 98 in the US and look how many idiots we have here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT FOX NEWS 3/1/19 - YouTube
    By Mach in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2019, 01:37 AM
  2. Fox News host, Tucker Carlson, advocates mob rule government
    By johnwk in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 09-18-2018, 12:46 AM
  3. Tucker Carlson Debates 9/11 Truther Radio Host
    By Zatch in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 07:46 AM
  4. Tucker Carlson's First Debut on FOX News
    By Knightskye in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •