Thread: Huge article on Amash in CNN

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I assume it's the standard hit piece? Written in 2008 and has Ron Paul's name replaced with Amash's?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I assume it's the standard hit piece? Written in 2008 and has Ron Paul's name replaced with Amash's?
    They are pushing him to run for President as a Libertarian so he can take votes from Donald Trump.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The article says:
    Amash was the sole member of the caucus to vote against Trump's use of emergency powers to seize funds for his long-desired wall along the southern border
    But is that true? Massie voted against Trump too. Is he not a member of the Freedom Caucus?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The article says:

But is that true? Massie voted against Trump too. Is he not a member of the Freedom Caucus?
    No, Massie and Amash are part of the Liberty Caucus tho.

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Nope. I get positive vibes. Any independent reader would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Nope. I get positive vibes. Any independent reader would as well.
    Ya, CNN really likes libertarians all of a sudden. There couldn't possibly be any other explanation. CNN loves liberty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The article says:

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, Massie and Amash are part of the Liberty Caucus tho.
    Correct, Massie is not a member of the House Freedom Caucus.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jordan and Amash were both founding members of the House Freedom Caucus, a group of hardline conservatives who preached a focus on cutting government spending and opening up congressional procedure, and clashed with party leaders over it. The three dozen members played a key role in former House Speaker John Boehner's resignation in 2015, and the caucus was instrumental in shaping the House-led GOP effort to repeal Obamacare, which became a centerpiece of Trump's first-year agenda -- though it failed to pass through the more moderate Senate.

But the Freedom Caucus of 2019 is a different story.

Wielding considerably less power in a Democratic House, the caucus is more recognizable today as home to some of Trump's staunchest defenders. Jordan and current chairman Rep. Mark Meadows regularly make headlines with their ardent efforts to push back on investigations into the White House and Russian interference in the 2016 election.
    Pushing back on hysterical Democrat witch-hunts is fine, but they need to maintain a focus on cutting government and the corrupt closed process.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.