Thread: Forgiveness Sunday

Forgiveness Sunday

Hi all,

Today is Forgiveness Sunday in the Orthodox Church which is held the day before the beginning of Great Lent. Although we should seek forgiveness and we should forgive others everyday, today is a special day to do so as we enter into the Lenten journey.

I wish to ask forgiveness to all for my lack of patience, restraint, understanding and compassion. It is too easy to lose ones composure and allow passions to get in the way, especially on topics like politics which can touch on a person’s convictions. Some are better at controlling their passions than others, and I have a long way to go. I will try my best to be better in how I behave and debate issues.

I also forgive all who may have hurt me or treated me badly. As the Lord’s prayers says and as the Lord taught, we will be forgiven according and by the same measure of how we have forgiven others. In this spirit, I hold no past grudges and pray that the Lord gives me the strength to forgive all people, especially those who fight against me.

Anyway, I hope this didn’t come out too cheesy sounding!

I wish you all a blessed Lent ahead! We may not find political solutions to many of our life’s problems, but we can find hope and assurance in the Lord’s love for us and His saving grace.
    Last edited by TER; 03-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I forgive you TER.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

TER, you have never offended or hurt me in any way. I appreciate your openness to the difference in the way we practice our faith, and I appreciate the stand you take today.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Hi all,

Today is Forgiveness Sunday in the Orthodox Church which is held the day before the beginning of Great Lent. Although we should seek forgiveness and we should forgive others everyday, today is a special day to do so as we enter into the Lenten journey.

I wish to ask forgiveness to all for my lack of patience, restraint, understanding and compassion. It is too easy to lose ones composure and allow passions to get in the way, especially on topics like politics which can touch on a person’s convictions. Some are better at controlling their passions than others, and I have a long way to go. I will try my best to be better in how I behave and debate issues.

I also forgive all who may have hurt me or treated me badly. As the Lord’s prayers says and as the Lord taught, we will be forgiven according and by the same measure of how we have forgiven others. In this spirit, I hold no past grudges and pray that the Lord gives me the strength to forgive all people, especially those who fight against me.

Anyway, I hope this didn’t come out too cheesy sounding!

I wish you all a blessed Lent ahead! We may not find political solutions to many of our life’s problems, but we can find hope and assurance in the Lord’s love for us and His saving grace.
    Blessed Forgiveness Sunday, Brother! I hope you were able to stay for the entire vesperal service. I noticed a lot of people leaving early. It's a beautiful way to start the Lenten journey indeed. And forgive me a sinner as well, as God forgives. ~hugs~

May y'all other RPFers also have a wonderful feast and Lenten journey. Forgive me, a sinner, y'all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

It's cool.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows