Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New study claims Dr. Seuss and his books are racist

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I honestly don't know if this is satire or not at this rate, but I did notice via an article that the violence on Asians is being blamed on white supremacy or something like that, despite the FACTS that blacks are committing these heinous crimes on them.

Unfortunately, stupid people will cling to this notion just because the television says so.

On the note of Seuss, I've been reading a lot of comments saying this isn't censorship because the Seuss Estate is the one who initiated the study and made the efforts. Yea, whatever.
    Starting around the 2:40 mark, Dr. Omekongo Dibinga says regarding Dr. Seuss: “the way they make Asians look, it’s the classic case of orientalism, they are made to look exotic or less civilized ... sub-human ... look at what's happening right now with hate crimes...there’s a correlation between literature and what happens in society”.

Apparently the left is unfamiliar with cartoons, caricatures or fantasy creatures. They must be banned. This is the end result of “your feelings” are the most important thing, even if those feelings are based completely on your erroneous, warped, paranoid or insane interpretation of something.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-03-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I was informed today by a young black professor who appeared on Hannity that Dr. Seuss is responsible for the so called “rise in hate crimes against Asians”. Assuming that there actually is a rise in hate crimes against Asians, it’s incredible that the perps in the crimes that do occur were inspired by Dr. Seuss. Is there some kind of retro Dr. Seuss mania among young black (often mentally ill) criminals?
    LOL. Dr. Seuss is only relevant these days to the parents who encourage their children to watch PBS Kids. So.....liberals are responsible for the rise in hate crimes against Asians. And this was on Hannity? Yeah...makes sense.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's really disappointing to me about this whole subject, from the right or the left, is that there is no nuance. There is no concept of the fact that people change over time nor is there any thought given to the fact that the same people can hold contradictory ideas. This is Dr. Seuss.

It wasn't one of his books, but it was advertisement that he drew from the "Flit" product. Clearly ^that is racist.

This is also Dr. Seuss.

These images are from the books being "cancelled." Not as hateful as the "Flit" ads. I honestly don't recall reading those particular books, but I saw images like that in children's cartoons whether it was Popeye fighting the buck tooth, Coke bottle glasses World War II Japanese pilot, or how when minstrel images in Loony Tunes cartoons.

Against that backdrop, Dr. Seuss made the only overtly antiracist cartoon I ever say as a kid. It was "The Sneeds." The plot of that cartoon was this. Some Sneeds had stars on their chest. Other Sneeds did not. The Sneeds with the stars on their chests discriminated against the Sneeds without the stars. One day a man showed up with a machine that would stamp stars on the chest of the starless Sneeds....for a price of course. When they did that, the other Sneeds went to the man and got their stars removed so they could remain different and aloof from the previously starless Sneeds. So...the newly starred Sneeds got "unstarred" again. This kept going back and forth until finally....the Sneeds were so confused that they couldn't tell who was who. At that point they all got along. There are a couple of ways to interpret this. It could be cultural assimilation eventually ends racism. Or it could be that genetic amalgamation ends racism. (What happened in Puerto Rico). Either way, the idea that racism is stupid clever unscrupulous people get rich off racists and off of people striving to overcome racism is self-evident.

See:

To discuss Dr. Seuss and racism without talking about "The Sneeds" is disingenuous at best.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day. There is no way The Silence Of The Lambs could be made today. Remember the villain Buffulo Bill? He had gender dysphoria, was denied a sex change operation, and was killing women to cut off their body parts and make himself a suit.The LGBTQIA community got mad at J.K. Rowling for simply writing a book where the villain, who was not transgender, dressed up as a woman as a disguise [...]
    As I recall, the LGBWHATEVER activist crowd got pissed off at The Silence of the Lambs way back when it first came out, too (especially when it was nominated for and won so many Oscars). They denounced Jonathan Demme (the director), called for boycotts, etc. No way would the movie ever get made today - not without significant changes.

Which goes to show that all this sort of thing is not just coming out of nowhere - it's been brewing for literally decades now.

It's just now coming to a continuous, rolling boil.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-03-2021 at 01:44 PM.

What's really disappointing to me about this whole subject, from the right or the left, is that there is no nuance. There is no concept of the fact that people change over time nor is there any thought given to the fact that the same people can hold contradictory ideas. This is Dr. Seuss.
    It wasn't one of his books, but it was advertisement that he drew from the "Flit" product. Clearly ^that is racist.
    These images are from the books being "cancelled." Not as hateful as the "Flit" ads. I honestly don't recall reading those particular books, but I saw images like that in children's cartoons whether it was Popeye fighting the buck tooth, Coke bottle glasses World War II Japanese pilot, or how when minstrel images in Loony Tunes cartoons.
    Many of these old cartoons were done during World War II. War propaganda rarely concerns itself with how it makes an enemy look. Making the Japanese look “bad” or funny was partially intentional.

Additionally, what is completely overlooked by today’s cancel culture is the norms and styles of the times, or as you called it nuance. Cartoon caricatures had a certain look. It was the style of the time. Likewise blackface was common in the theater. It was probably not considered offensive by anyone.

Likewise, the stand up comedy of people like Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy or George Lopez was a sign of the times. Will cancel culture eventually come after them?

Also interesting about the Sneetches, when the starred Sneetches had their stars removed, they said that stars were old fashioned and out of style. Makes that cartoon even more relevant to and reflective of cancel culture. Yesterday is old fashioned, out of date, and incorrect. It must be cancelled and corrected. Today we will tell you what is acceptable, with no guarantee that it won’t change tomorrow. As a matter of fact, it’s guaranteed to constantly change.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-03-2021 at 02:05 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    As I recall, the LGBWHATEVER activist crowd got pissed off at The Silence of the Lambs way back when it first came out, too (especially when it was nominated for and won so many Oscars). They denounced Jonathan Demme (the director), called for boycotts, etc. No way would the movie ever get made today - not without significant changes.

Which goes to show that all this sort of thing is not just coming out of nowhere - it's been brewing for literally decades now.

It's just now coming to a continuous, rolling boil.
    Ah. I see. So it wasn't that there wasn't outrage. It's that the outraged people weren't so vocal. I'm surprised they haven't forced Anthony Hopkins and Jody Foster issue a public apology.

That said, it's also strange that the idea of "just let adults do what they want with their body" is such a difficult concept. The idea that Buffalo Bill so desparately wanted a sex change that he became a mass murderer after failing the psychological qualifier is as nuts as the current situation of the dad having to fight in court to keep his ex wife from pushing hormone blockers on their son. Rand Paul is right. This isn't complicated. There is no "nuance" here.

Many of these old cartoons were done during World War II. War propaganda rarely concerns itself with how it makes an enemy look. Making the Japanese look “bad” or funny was partially intentional.

Additionally, what is completely overlooked by today’s cancel culture is the norms and styles of the times, or as you called it nuance. Cartoon caricatures had a certain look. It was the style of the time. Likewise blackface was common in the theater. It was probably not considered offensive by anyone.

Likewise, the stand up comedy of people like Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy or George Lopez was a sign of the times. Will cancel culture eventually come after them?

Also interesting about the Sneeches, when the starred Sneeches had their stars removed, they said that stars were old fashioned and out of style. Makes that cartoon even more relevant to and reflective of cancel culture. Yesterday is old fashioned, out of date, and incorrect. It must be cancelled and corrected. Today we will tell you what is acceptable, with no guarantee that it won’t change tomorrow. As a matter of fact, it’s guaranteed to constantly change.
    I agree with you about the World War II propaganda when it came to the Japanese. But America wasn't at war with any African countries. In fact we were allied WITH the African country of Ethiopia against Italy. Yet Africans and African Americans were treated as poorly as the Japanese before, during and for a while after both World Wars. I agree with you that there were different cultural norms. I am glad those norms changed. It would be interesting to know the publication dates of the offensive Dr. Seuss books as compared to the Lorax and the Sneeds. Interesting observation of the Sneeds and cancel culture of calling the stars "old fashioned." Certainly there is a cultural aspect going on. The interesting thing is that the "star / no-star" style went in and out of fashion. (Like bell bottoms coming back?) From that perspective The Sneeds could address things other than just race, although I looked at it strictly from a race lens possibly due to my own experience.

Ah. I see. So it wasn't that there wasn't outrage. It's that the outraged people weren't so vocal. I'm surprised they haven't forced Anthony Hopkins and Jody Foster issue a public apology.
    Also, the cadre of activists is much larger today than it was then. At the time, Critical Theory was securing its position in the universities, and hadn't yet captured K-12 education, corporate HR & marketing departments, and government entities & NGOs (as it has now).

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    One of my regrets is I have never gotten to try a star bellied sneetch recipe
    true...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yet Suess was an unabashed anti racist, interventionist and leftist...but that doesn't matter to today's New Jacobins.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    GOP + Isolationist "Ostrich" = today's GOP*strich??? ....yep.
    When he had to choose between FDR + WENDELL WILLKIE
    he maybe might have been somewhat sore torn but he clearly
    and clearly was totally 100% for ole FDR in '32, '36 + '44!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This. 100%. Right is wrong, wrong is right. Up is down and down is up. To the point that you loathe to speak your thoughts, express you opinions, without being excoriated and singled out for shaming.
    Exactly right, because from day to day, minute to minute, you have no idea what is "acceptable" or what will become "unacceptable", thus risking your job, business, possibly freedom.

The only course of action is to reject the shaming of any of it.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Think about how irrational that is.
    It's not irrational at all, when you consider the goal.

Then it becomes brilliant psych warfare strategy.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

These images are from the books being "cancelled." Not as hateful as the "Flit" ads. I honestly don't recall reading those particular books, but I saw images like that in children's cartoons whether it was Popeye fighting the buck tooth, Coke bottle glasses World War II Japanese pilot
    I'm a sailor.

I find E.C Segar's hateful, stereotypical caricature of sailors and our physical disabilities just as distasteful.

To discuss Dr. Seuss and racism without talking about "The Sneeds" is disingenuous at best.
    Sneetches, not Sneeds.

I think you're thinking of what the trees in the The Lorax needed to be chopped down to make - "Thneeds".

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-03-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Exactly right, because from day to day, minute to minute, you have no idea what is "acceptable" or what will become "unacceptable", thus risking your job, business, possibly freedom.

The only course of action is to reject the shaming of any of it.
    No shame here. What I've got I've worked for. Never handed anything. Any debt I went into I payed off. Never took food stamps or section 8 housing, even though there were times in my life when I probably could have qualified. I was born white and a male. Never in any instant has either of these given me a definite advantage. In fact I can cite times when my 'race' was held against me for advancement.
    $#@! 'em. Done with it. All those that once might have needed my help are long grown and on their own or passed away.
    Don't push me. I'm done with it. Tired of it. And on the verge of pushing back.

No shame here. What I've got I've worked for. Never handed anything. Any debt I went into I payed off. Never took food stamps or section 8 housing, even though there were times in my life when I probably could have qualified. I was born white and a male. Never in any instant has either of these given me a definite advantage. In fact I can cite times when my 'race' was held against me for advancement.
    $#@! 'em. Done with it. All those that once might have needed my help are long grown and on their own or passed away.
    Don't push me. I'm done with it. Tired of it. And on the verge of pushing back.
    You and me both...you and me both.

I'm a sailor.

I find E.C Segar's hateful, stereotypical caricature of sailors and our physical disabilities just as distasteful.
    You're saying you don't have skinny biceps, oversized forearms, smoke a pipe, get high of spinach, and go gaga over a woman that looks like a broomstick with legs? Go figure!

Sneetches, not Sneeds.

I think you're thinking of what the trees in the The Lorax needed to be chopped down to make - "Thneeds".

Egads! You're correct again! Anyhow sneetches get steeches.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aufheben der Dr. Seuss
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYieRhLATw

The New Discourses Podcast with James Lindsay, Episode 23

Aufheben is a German word that, in Critical Theory, means to "abolish" or to "negate" in the way that Critical Theorists do. It's a somewhat complicated term in that it means both to abolish and to keep or to keep safe, and the [way that] Critical Theory [uses it] taps into the so-called dialectical process to attempt to use aufheben to tear apart and, as the Marxists translated it, "sublate" whatever cultural artifact they are targeting onto a "higher" level of understanding, namely the one that empowers Critical Theorists and induces misery in everyone else. This process was widely pushed by the Critical Theorists of the Frankfurt School under a doctrine of Aufheben der Kultur ("abolishment of culture"), and it continues in the Woke movement today.

One of the latest big targets of Aufheben der Kultur is Dr. Seuss and his wide body of popular children's literature. Why? Because of its success. Seuss becomes a cultural anchor point for hundreds of millions of children and adults, and by tainting Seuss, his legacy, and your own memories of him with accusations of racism and "harm," they can abolish that shared cultural anchor and make more room to advance their own agenda, in which every text is "decolonized" and geared to indoctrinate you and your children into Critical Theory, especially Critical Race Theory. Join James Lindsay in this episode of the New Discourses Podcast to dig into the Critical Dr Seuss academic literature to see where this Aufheben der Dr Seuss comes from and how it works.

Incidentally, at the 4:39 mark in the video, Lindsay confirms something I said several days ago in another thread:

Dr. Seuss did produce some pretty cringe stuff ...

[snipped image]

I don't recall any of that crap making it into any of his books, though (at least, not the ones I ever read).

[...]
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-04-2021 at 03:05 AM.

Aufheben is a German word that, in Critical Theory, means to "abolish" or to "negate" in the way that Critical Theorists do. It's a somewhat complicated term in that it means both to abolish and to keep or to keep safe, and the [way that] Critical Theory [uses it] taps into the so-called dialectical process to attempt to use aufheben to tear apart and, as the Marxists translated it, "sublate" whatever cultural artifact they are targeting onto a "higher" level of understanding, namely the one that empowers Critical Theorists and induces misery in everyone else. This process was widely pushed by the Critical Theorists of the Frankfurt School under a doctrine of [I]Aufheben der Kultur[/IPre] ("abolishment of culture"), and it continues in the Woke movement today.
    Precisely.

The only comment I'd offer is to make clear that the "Woke Movement" is not the core and goal, it is merely a front, another wrecking ball, in the much larger battle being waged: that of complete Marxist revolution
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-04-2021 at 08:32 PM.

You're saying you don't have skinny biceps, oversized forearms, smoke a pipe, get high of spinach, and go gaga over a woman that looks like a broomstick with legs? Go figure!
    LOL - No of course not, it's a caricature.

I'm no more offended by it than you should be offended by Seuss' caricature of jungle bushmen in the Flit ad.

LOL - No of course not, it's a caricature.

I'm no more offended by it than you should be offended by Seuss' caricature of jungle bushmen in the Flit ad.
    There is no history of lynchings associated with the Popeye, and Popeye isn't the caricature of all sailors[1], so I'll be offended at whatever I want to be offended at thank you very much. I remember back in HS in the 1980s when I went to an overwhelmingly white, southern private high school. I purposefully turned a blind eye to all of the racism I saw out of self preservation. One day I saw a fellow student drawing a swaztika on the computer. I was like "Why the hell are you doing that?" He was like "I'm German. This is part of my German heritage." I started to say something....then I realized he used the same argument many of my fellow students used about the confederate flag. (And yes I know not all confederate flag waivers are racists. But the kids that had the KKK cartoon on their dorm wall? Yeah...that was racist.) Anyway...Hitler never did anything to me. He didn't make a habit of mass murdering black people either. But you don't see Jews giving Nazi era cartoons of Jews a pass because of what they are associated with. I don't give the Flit ads a pass. That doesn't mean I've cancelled Dr. Seuss. But just like I can't tell you what you can and can't read, you can't tell me how to feel about what I read or chose not to read.

[1] For a reference, Bluto didn't have skinny biceps or oversized forearms, smoke a pipe or get high of spinach. All they had in common was a fetish for skinny women.

There is no history of lynchings associated with the Popeye, and Popeye isn't the caricature of all sailors[1], so I'll be offended at whatever I want to be offended at thank you very much.
    Please note, I said "should not" instead "can not". You can be offended by whatever you feel like, I'd just put it to you that, with Marxist mobs on the march, keen to genocide both of us, that maybe your efforts at indignation would be better spent at them, rather than the cartoon ad copy of a Jewish liberal from 80 years ago.

I remember back in HS in the 1980s when I went to an overwhelmingly white, southern private high school. I purposefully turned a blind eye to all of the racism I saw out of self preservation. One day I saw a fellow student drawing a swaztika on the computer. I was like "Why the hell are you doing that?" He was like "I'm German. This is part of my German heritage." I started to say something....then I realized he used the same argument many of my fellow students used about the confederate flag. (And yes I know not all confederate flag waivers are racists. But the kids that had the KKK cartoon on their dorm wall? Yeah...that was racist.)
    I wish my high school experience was as benign as that.

See, I've never run across much of that "white privilege" that supposedly is just lying around to be picked up like Mario coins by white folks only.

I grew up poor in a small town in NJ, in a winterized 900 square foot summer cottage, so I didn't get a private school choice.

The town sent it's HS students to two schools that they had "sharing" agreements with for funding, the one to the south was an OK, mostly white suburban school. The one to the north was a failed ghetto school, almost universally black, and by the late 70s when I was shipped there as part of racially motivated "blending scheme" dictated by government, it had devolved into another "Eastside High".

Until I could, basically, "run away" at 16 during the summer after finishing my sophomore year, I had to endure racism heaped on me that makes drawing unsettling pictures a welcome respite.

I was beaten, punched, mugged, had knives and guns drawn on me, multiple times, simply for being the "white boy".

I still recall to this day, approaching a dude who was a Nation of Islam follower and great espounder of the edicts of Malcolm X.

While this dude, I can't recall his name, he had taken a Muslim name of some sort, but had started in the system at the same time as me with a "given" name of James Wright, was certainly not "friendly" toward me, he had not taken part in the general badgering of the handful of whiteys and gave off the air of an "intellectual", so I figured if anybody might give an honest answer to my question, it would be him.

What was my question? Simple: why do you hate me so much?

Well, I got the answer you might expect, a half hour harangue on the evils of the white race, and a prognostication that ultimately people like him will be in power, and when they are, they will use that power to exterminate me once and for all.

His words: "exterminate once and for all".

Not much to say past that point and I haven't told anybody the details of that encounter in over thirty years now....

I became the "Boy Named Sue" after that.

I grew up fast and I grew up mean and got the $#@! out of there as soon as I could.

I don't give the Flit ads a pass. That doesn't mean I've cancelled Dr. Seuss. But just like I can't tell you what you can and can't read, you can't tell me how to feel about what I read or chose not to read.
    Well, good, and I'm not even a huge fan, Giesel was an unabashed lefty, no doubt, so I don't have a dog in the hunt.

Life is full of slights and "disrespects"...too much power given to those minor affronts leads to hatreds much worse.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-06-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Please note, I said "should not" instead "can not". You can be offended by whatever you feel like, I'd just put it to you that, with Marxist mobs on the march, keen to genocide both of us, that maybe your efforts at indignation would be better spent at them, rather than the cartoon ad copy of a Jewish liberal from 80 years ago.
    Why is everything so black and white with you? I can say "You shouldn't be so worried about a couple of tramps making a video about W.A.P." In the grand scheme of things that's just as irrelevant. Oh...you only care about recent stuff? Okay. Then if your child's school takes the kiddies to an exhibit of the ancient erotic art of Pompey which shows the demi-god Pan screwing a goat you shouldn't be the least bit offended because it's ancient history. Sorry, but there is no difference between "can not" and "should not" in this instance. Or let me put it another way. If I'm not trying to burn your collection of racist Dr. Seuss cartoons you should not be concerned about what I think of them. I think cancel culture is retarded. I am glad that in the good old U.S. of A. I can download a copy of Castle Wolfenstein 3D where the Germans I'm killing still have swastikas on their uniforms. For some odd reason in Germany such games cannot be sold (or downloaded as I only do demos). In Germany they have this crazy idea that being able to shoot Nazis in a video game somehow promotes Nazism. (I could see it if you were allowed to play the Nazi). I'm glad that if I want I can order a copy of Mein Kampf or Das Capital or Phillip Dru The Administrator or Soul On Ice or whatever else I want. And someone else has a right to be offended by me wearing an Adolf Hitler was right or Che Guevera is a hero t-shirt. As long as they don't interfere with what I do then fine.

You know what? Just the other day I saw the Dr. Suess exhibit at the local Walmart. I didn't see any of the offending "pulled" books. I suspect this might have all been a publicity stunt to pump of the value of the rest of his collection. Today's kids know far more about Harry Potter anyway and they want to cancel J.K. Rowling thanks to what they learned on TikTok and J.K. Rowling is so worried about being "woke" after the cancel mob came after her for her (not really) transphobic book that she cancelled Johnny Depp because his abusive wife lied and said he was abusing her. Disney cancelled Depp and then "uncancelled" him after a massive fan outcry even though IMO "Pirates Of The Carribian" is played out. It's all a damn circus. Change my mind!

You know what? Just the other day I saw the Dr. Suess exhibit at the local Walmart.
    Son in Law works night shift at a local Walmart.. Told me he shoveled stacks into the dumpster.

in retrospect,, he should have salvaged a few to sell on E-bay.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

P.S.A. Being white is raciss.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I wish my high school experience was as benign as that.

See, I've never run across much of that "white privilege" that supposedly is just lying around to be picked up like Mario coins by white folks only.

I grew up poor in a small town in NJ, in a winterized 900 square foot summer cottage, so I didn't get a private school choice.

The town sent it's HS students to two schools that they had "sharing" agreements with for funding, the one to the south was an OK, mostly white suburban school. The one to the north was a failed ghetto school, almost universally black, and by the late 70s when I was shipped there as part of racially motivated "blending scheme" dictated by government, it had devolved into another "Eastside High".

Until I could, basically, "run away" at 16 during the summer after finishing my sophomore year, I had to endure racism heaped on me that makes drawing unsettling pictures a welcome respite.

I was beaten, punched, mugged, had knives and guns drawn on me, multiple times, simply for being the "white boy".

I still recall to this day, approaching a dude who was a Nation of Islam follower and great espounder of the edicts of Malcolm X.

While this dude, I can't recall his name, he had taken a Muslim name of some sort, but had started in the system at the same time as me with a "given" name of James Wright, was certainly not "friendly" toward me, he had not taken part in the general badgering of the handful of whiteys and gave off the air of an "intellectual", so I figured if anybody might give an honest answer to my question, it would be him.

What was my question? Simple: why do you hate me so much?

Well, I got the answer you might expect, a half hour harangue on the evils of the white race, and a prognostication that ultimately people like him will be in power, and when they are, they will use that power to exterminate me once and for all.

His words: "exterminate once and for all".

Not much to say past that point and I haven't told anybody the details of that encounter in over thirty years now....

I became the "Boy Named Sue" after that.

I grew up fast and I grew up mean and got the $#@! out of there as soon as I could.

Well, good, and I'm not even a huge fan, Giesel was an unabashed lefty, no doubt, so I don't have a dog in the hunt.

Life is full of slights and "disrespects"...too much power given to those minor affronts leads to hatreds much worse.
    YOU are the racist hater. You understand that, don't you? I could add the times that blacks , or Asians, have discriminated against me.
    But, that $#@! doesn't happen.
    It's just 'pay back.'

They were telling me that in 2009..

and I hope the Ghost of Tommy Williams visits every one.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I'm not a racist. I dislike all non-white races equally.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Well I just found out yesterday from @Anti Federalist that Dr. Suess wasn't even "white." He was Jewish. (Yeah I know there are white Jews but bear with me on this). Where did "cancel culture" originate? Post WW II "you dare not deny the holocaust" Germany. If Dr. Seuss had been German and the "Flit" cartoons had been deemed anti-semetic I doubt anyone of any note would have jumped to his defense. My first introduction to cancel culture was in 2004 when I was part of a group looking into a suspicious death at a private prison. At a dinner when we were discussing this, a Jewish couple said "We have to do something about people saying racist things." I was like "But what about the first amendment?" They got quiet. Imagine what Fox News would have said if Gentile Dr. Suess had drawn...

Say what you want to say. Draw what you want to draw. But don't expect the rest of the world to get upset at antisemitism if, as a semite, you caricature other groups.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast