Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 98

Thread: Trump reiterates claim that he wants more legal immigration

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What gives them that right?
    Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What gives them that right?
    Birth in our territory or being granted citizenship by us.
    Those who do not have any other citizenship and who do not qualify to get any other citizenship would also be cruelly and unusually punished if we made them persons without a country.

    It is a concession to liberty and human rights to allow citizens to stay here even if their political beliefs are less than perfect but it would be better to impose liberty in all its other aspects and expel those who oppose liberty than to allow unlimited immigration of people who oppose liberty.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?
    LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #64
    I would have complained about immigration when the mountain men moved in and ruined things. I would have complained about the cattle herders, the atrocities that our cities have become. I don't want immigrants: Hispanics, European, anybody. My country is screwed up enough. I really don't want to see it turn into Venezuela like California is.

    When I drive to work in the morning, the last thing I think is, "Gee, I wish we could get a whole bunch more people so I will have a longer sit in this f-ing traffic jam."

    Our infrastructure is falling apart. Our cities are turning to slums. Our rights are getting stripped away and I am supposed to support more rights for outsiders than my own kids. Screw that. Go away and leave me alone!
    Last edited by RJB; 03-14-2019 at 06:59 PM.



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?
    Racist has already lost its meaning when anyone who disagrees with "E" is called a racist. Calling people who drive race cars that will further degrade the meaning of that word.

  8. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Racist has already lost its meaning when anyone who disagrees with "E" is called a racist. Calling people who drive race cars that will further degrade the meaning of that word.
    Then perhaps we should begin calling them that immediately.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I would have complained about immigration when the mountain men moved in and ruined things. I would have complained about the cattle herders, the atrocities that our cities have become. I don't want immigrants: Hispanics, European, anybody. My country is screwed up enough. I really don't want to see it turn into Venezuela like California is.

    When I drive to work in the morning, the last thing I think is, "Gee, I wish we could get a whole bunch more people so I will have a longer sit in this f-ing traffic jam."

    Our infrastructure is falling apart. Our cities are turning to slums. Are rights are getting stripped away and I am supposed to support more rights for outsiders than my own kids. Screw that. Go away and leave me alone!
    I have nothing against immigrants (Nigerians aside), but I am starting to live in a third world here. Can't stand driving around town anymore. No common sense, courtesy, erratic driving or using a simple thing like a turn signal.
    Last edited by Danke; 03-14-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I am not a rapist but there are some people I would never consider to rape if I was a rapist. I wouldn't rape someone who I wasn't attracted to, someone who could probably take me down and pound the hell out of me etc etc.



    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I have nothing against immigrants (Nigerians aside), but I am starting to live in a third world here. Can't stand driving around town anymore.
    I am friends with some people who are immigrants. However, I am in a rotten mood today.

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am friends with some people who are immigrants. However, I am in a rotten mood today.
    Too many immigrants will cause that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Birth in our territory or being granted citizenship by us.
    What determines that those things give someone a right to be here?

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What determines that those things give someone a right to be here?
    Nature and Nature's GOD.

    Also LOGIC.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am friends with some people who are immigrants. However, I am in a rotten mood today.
    Welcome to my world...every day.




  15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  16. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Nature and Nature's GOD.

    Also LOGIC.
    Could you please explain the logic that leads to that conclusion?

  17. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Could you please explain the logic that leads to that conclusion?
    Anyone who is born here (legally) is part of our group and almost all of them have nowhere else to call home, those that we give permission to join us have permission from the group to joint it.

    You know all this already.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Anyone who is born here (legally) is part of our group and almost all of them have nowhere else to call home, those that we give permission to join us have permission from the group to joint it.

    You know all this already.
    I know already that you tend to assert this kind of thing. It just seems like you're making up your ethics as you go along with whatever ad hoc provisions you need to cook up in order to reach the conclusion you want.

    Who decides that anyone born here legally is part of our group? Is it we ourselves who get to decide that? And if so, then it means we're not obligated to say that, and we could just as well say that someone who is born here doesn't have the right to stay as we can say that they do, and then if we think that they're liable to vote for Communists, we would have as much ethical standing to deport them as we would a so-called illegal immigrant.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 03-14-2019 at 06:26 PM.

  19. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I know already that you assert this kind of thing. It just seems like you're making up your ethics as you go along with whatever ad hoc provisions you need to cook up in order to reach the conclusion you want.
    LOL

    You would say the same thing about 2+2=4 if it suited your purposes.

    "Why does 2+2=4?"
    "Because if you count to 2 and then count 2 more you arrive at 4"
    "I know already that you assert this kind of thing. It just seems like you're making up your ethics as you go along with whatever ad hoc provisions you need to cook up in order to reach the conclusion you want. "
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  20. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    You would say the same thing about 2+2=4 if it suited your purposes.

    "Why does 2+2=4?"
    "Because if you count to 2 and then count 2 more you arrive at 4"
    "I know already that you assert this kind of thing. It just seems like you're making up your ethics as you go along with whatever ad hoc provisions you need to cook up in order to reach the conclusion you want. "
    Not at all. 2+2=4 can be proven. What you're doing though is just making stuff up and asserting that it's logical without being able to support it through any kind of argumentation that doesn't keep coming back to you making things up.

  21. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Not at all. 2+2=4 can be proven. What you're doing though is just making stuff up and asserting that it's logical without being able to support it through any kind of argumentation that doesn't keep coming back to you making things up.


    Sure, if you discount the obvious logic.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  22. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post


    Sure, if you discount the obvious logic.
    I promise not to discount obvious logic. But since you refuse to present a syllogism that supports your conclusion, that's a moot point.

  23. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I promise not to discount obvious logic. But since you refuse to present a syllogism that supports your conclusion, that's a moot point.
    I presented the logic and you just dismissed it.
    How about you disprove what I said?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  25. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Who decides that anyone born here legally is part of our group?
    Are they part of their parents' group? Yes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I presented the logic and you just dismissed it.
    How about you disprove what I said?
    I missed it. I didn't see any argumentation from you. Just baseless assertions.

  27. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I missed it. I didn't see any argumentation from you. Just baseless assertions.
    So you say.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  28. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Are they part of their parents' group? Yes.
    Sure. If that's the group you want to count. There are infinitely many groups we could all count anyone in, including groups that they and their parents belong to as well as groups they belong to without their parents and groups their parents belong to without them.

    I don't se the relevance of that to the discussion though.

  29. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I presented the logic and you just dismissed it.
    How about you disprove what I said?
    Do you want him to disprove nature? God? Or do you want him to disprove your "logic" when you didn't display one shred of it--you just said,

    Assertion

    Because "Logic"

    QED

    ...like that means jack $#@!.

    Nobody--nobody--is impressed when you fill in the blank of A -> ??? -> B with "Because logic".
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

  30. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Sure. If that's the group you want to count. There are infinitely many groups we could all count anyone in, including groups that they and their parents belong to as well as groups they belong to without their parents and groups their parents belong to without them.

    I don't se the relevance of that to the discussion though.
    Are their parents part of our group? Yes.

    If they are part of their parents' group then they are also part of our group.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  31. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Do you want him to disprove nature? God? Or do you want him to disprove your "logic" when you didn't display one shred of it--you just said,

    Assertion

    "Logic"

    QED

    ...like that means jack $#@!.
    LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  32. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I promise not to discount obvious logic. But since you refuse to present a syllogism that supports your conclusion, that's a moot point.
    How many syllogisms did you bring with you tonight?



  33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  34. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL
    So are you saying you can't back up your opinions, you're only a hyena?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    How many syllogisms did you bring with you tonight?
    You get yours at Wall Mart, all wrapped in plastic?

    He doesn't need to keep them frozen in the box. He can cook his up to order.

    And they come out pretty good, too.

    What about you? You want to back Swordshyll up so bad. If you can't produce some logic to support his point of view, then that is what kind of backup you give him--so bad
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-14-2019 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Only Q or a civil war will save us

  35. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So are you saying you can't back up your opinions, you're only a hyena?


    If you had a leg to stand on you wouldn't waste your time on this garbage.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Trump reiterates demand: $5B for wall funding or face shutdown
    By Zippyjuan in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-30-2018, 05:48 PM
  2. Trump endorses bill that would slash legal immigration
    By Swordsmyth in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-03-2017, 07:32 PM
  3. Trump, GOP senators champion bill to cut legal immigration levels
    By RestorationOfLiberty in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2017, 08:23 PM
  4. Trump's 13-year-old 'rape victim' dramatically DROPS her case. Woman withdraws legal claim
    By AngryCanadian in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 03:47 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •