Thread: Amash doesn't rule out LP bid for President

Amash doesn't rule out LP bid for President

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only way Justin Amash runs for President in the LP is if he has decided he is done with his career in Congress. He would be giving up his seat.

If he wants to end his career and go down in a blaze of glory he should hold out and run for US Senate instead. He might have a chance of winning that and if he does would be a force for good in that chamber.

Unfortunately he was not smart with his anti Trump rhetoric which has cost him quite a bit of popularity, justly or unjustly. Thomas Massie played it a lot smarter and without compromising principle in the process.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Unfortunately he was not smart with his anti Trump rhetoric which has cost him quite a bit of popularity, justly or unjustly. Thomas Massie played it a lot smarter and without compromising principle in the process.
    That's an easy problem to solve. Just backtrack whatever statements that got him into trouble, and declare his allegiance to Trump.

It's only when you refuse to bend the knee that you really get into trouble. I learned that from GoT (e.g. Ned stark and pretty much every Stark really)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

How is this possible, not being a NBC?

His father, Attallah, is a business owner, whose family immigrated to the United States in 1956[17] through the sponsorship of a Christian pastor and his family. His mother, Mimi, is a Syrian immigrant to the United States.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Amash

Don’t get me wrong, Justin is tops. And I am no fan of some of the Constitution. But if we are to return to the Constitution, my question stands.

I would say this is a bad move, certainly when we need more like Justin in the house.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Better if he waited until 2024.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

Don’t get me wrong, Justin is tops. And I am no fan of some of the Constitution. But if we are to return to the Constitution, my question stands.

I would say this is a bad move, certainly when we need more like Justin in the house.
    It seems likely that both of his parents were Naturalized US Citizens by the time he was born in 1980, making Justin a Natural Born US Citizen. His father immigrated to the US in '56.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Seems misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Something wrong with this.
    The link goes to a story that says it was posted 8 hrs ago, but the video is an old clip with Greg Jarret, where he initially talks about a twitter exchange between Justin Amash and Trump, then goes into a discussion with two other guys, one of whom is named Justin, but it's not Justin Amash and they don't really talk about Justin Amash. It's not anything recent - it's old. It does not go with the headline or the story below it - which does indeed, make it sound like Amash has been considering running.

The written part of the story seems to be based on Amash's answer to Maria Bartilomo's (<wrong name. oops) question about whether he would consider running against Trump in 2020. While he did answer “I never rule out anything." I did not - at all - get the impression that he was actually looking into the possibility of running and I don't recall any mention of the libertarian party, although I could've missed that. Pretty weak comment to build such a story around!

This strikes me as a misleading Fox news stunt, intended to help make Trump supporters hate Amash, so that when his term's up they can replace him with some deep-state sanctioned neocon. I've repeatedly seen neocon types attack Amash (Rand also) before, for going against Trump - people in breitbart comment sections spreading rumors that he's a muslim, for example, trying to blacken his name and encouraging everyone to hate him. It reminded me of the stuff they did to Ron Paul. I suppose breitbart will be pushing the same take on the story? Fox news, breitbart, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and such - no doubt they'll all revert to their blatant neoconnery, once they feel it's safe to do so.
    Last edited by Valli6; 03-03-2019 at 11:46 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Pretty weak comment to build such a story around!
    Fake news. Sad!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    He was born a citizen.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    He was born a citizen.
    Has he provided his long-form birth certificate to prove it?
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Something wrong with this.
    The link goes to a story that says it was posted 8 hrs ago, but the video is an old clip with Greg Jarret, where he initially talks about a twitter exchange between Justin Amash and Trump, then goes into a discussion with two other guys, one of whom is named Justin, but it's not Justin Amash and they don't really talk about Justin Amash. It's not anything recent - it's old. It does not go with the headline or the story below it - which does indeed, make it sound like Amash has been considering running.

The written part of the story seems to be based on Amash's answer to Maria Bartilomo's question about whether he would consider running against Trump in 2020. While he did answer “I never rule out anything." I did not - at all - get the impression that he was actually looking into the possibility of running and I don't recall any mention of the libertarian party, although I could've missed that. Pretty weak comment to build such a story around!

This strikes me as a misleading Fox news stunt, intended to help make Trump supporters hate Amash, so that when his term's up they can replace him with some deep-state sanctioned neocon. I've repeatedly seen neocon types attack Amash (Rand also) before, for going against Trump - people in breitbart comment sections spreading rumors that he's a muslim, for example, trying to blacken his name and encouraging everyone to hate him. It reminded me of the stuff they did to Ron Paul. I suppose breitbart will be pushing the same take on the story? Fox news, breitbart, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and such - no doubt they'll all revert to their blatant neoconnery, once they feel it's safe to do so.
    He talked about it today on CNN.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ith-wall-order
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ah, that is actually the interview I was thinking of and yeah, watching again, Tapper did specify Libertarian candidate (don't know where I pulled Bartiromo's name from?!) Still, it didn't strike me like he was in the process of making plans...

That would be a waste and unwise .
    Do something Danke

Amash should stay in the house until he dies

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    That's an easy problem to solve. Just backtrack whatever statements that got him into trouble, and declare his allegiance to Trump.

It's only when you refuse to bend the knee that you really get into trouble. I learned that from GoT (e.g. Ned stark and pretty much every Stark really)
    They will bend the knee or be destroyed.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dumb. He needs to stay in house and forever hold that seat. We need to cling to whatever power we still have and try to.multiply our numbers