Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes! Rand to vote against emergency declaration

Yes! Rand to vote against emergency declaration

Way to go Rand. This is a tough vote and the sort of thing Collins has called for:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...cy-declaration

It's the top of Drudge too

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In b4 the shylls tell us Rand is wrong to uphold the Constitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Sometimes you got to break the constitution to uphold the constitution don't you know

Good for Rand. Somebody has to stand up to the hypocrisy of the right.
    Last edited by TomtheTinker; 03-03-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

This is an "emergency" declaration. The keyword being "emergency".

He just killed his political future with Republican voters. He may have pleased his open borders donors but not the voters in his home state or nationally if he plans to run for President again. Democrats will never vote for him no matter what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    In b4 the shylls tell us Rand is wrong to uphold the Constitution.
    Made it (barely)!

If Republicans won't vote for an upholder of the Constitution, then what this nation needs is a conservative political party.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

He just killed his political future with Republican voters. He may have pleased his open borders donors but not the voters in his home state or nationally if he plans to run for President again. Democrats will never vote for him no matter what he does.
    I'm not an open border supporter and support this move. Using words so loosely to the point they don't have meaning in an effort to give yourself powers you're not meant to have is dangerous. Sometimes you can support something but take a stand against the way it's getting done.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    Sometimes you can support something but take a stand against the way it's getting done.
    Not if you're a good team player.

Obviously you are not. Good for you. Good team players are the bricks out of which tyranny is built.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is an "emergency" declaration. The keyword being "emergency". He just killed his political future with Republican voters. He may have pleased his open borders donors but not the voters in his home state or nationally if he plans to run for President again. Democrats will never vote for him no matter what he does.
    The same Democrats we tried to win over in 2016 are going to vote for the pied Piper Democrat like they did last time. Trump is doing the right thing politically whether you support the wall or not he promised a wall in 2016 and people like people who at least try to do what they promised. Plus it gives him the ability to say no to anything the Democrats want, they are going to want something from him eventually. That and it also gives him room to say no to the immigration boondoggle. If he becomes Democrat lite because of this then his base will desert him for being gutless.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Not if you're a good team player.

Obviously you are not. Good for you. Good team players are the bricks out of which tyranny is built.
    Yeah but the people are only going to hear the talking points and they are going to use this against him the same way they did the Israel foreign aid.

This makes me so proud.

Rand is going to get attacked so hard on so many sides for this. And he's doing it anyway.

I agree with you about that, at least in the current political climate, this will hurt Rand more than it helps him. But that's not why he's doing it. He's doing it because it's the right thing to do. His oath to uphold the Constitution obligates him to vote this way, and you know that. When we supported him in 2010, it was with the hope that he would follow in his father's footsteps with votes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I agree with you about that, at least in the current political climate, this will hurt Rand more than it helps him. But that's not why he's doing it. He's doing it because it's the right thing to do. His oath to uphold the Constitution obligates him to vote this way, and you know that. When we supported him in 2010, it was with the hope that he would follow in his father's footsteps with votes like this.
    Some do not see this as an invasion and security threat that it is, I get that. So how about I put it this way. Lets say there was a foreign army flowing across the border. Do you really want to deny the President emergency powers in that situation and wait for Congress to dick around before something is done?

This is actually an important vote where people would be right to criticize Rand had he voted for an emergency declaration. I would have been very disappointed had he voted for this in contrast to the other votes he is criticized for which 99% of the time the people who criticize are retards.

Some do not see this as an invasion and security threat that it is, I get that. So how about I put it this way. Lets say there was a foreign army flowing across the border. Do you really want to deny the President emergency powers in that situation and wait for Congress to dick around before something is done?
    The same Congress that has done nothing about the wall or immigration no matter which party has control? I feel like they could be bringing the plague and they would be doing nothing about it. Probably all the kick backs from plague medicine.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This would not be a case of waiting for Congress to act. Congress has already acted and passed a budget deliberately allocating only about $1.4 billion for a border wall.

Standing on principle is all fine and good until we dont have a country anymore. I didnt see latin america, asia, or africa with their own bill of rights and constiturion. This open borders is what the elites want low skilled iq voters and low wages to pay less to workers. Its time the libery movement woke up!

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Standing on principle is all fine and good until we dont have a country anymore. I didnt see latin america, asia, or africa with their own bill of rights and constiturion. This open borders is what the elites want low skilled iq voters and low wages to pay less to workers. Its time the libery movement woke up!
    Calvin Coolidge generally preferred a free America creating so many jobs that we didn't have to worry about other people squeezing us out of them.

We're awake. We just don't take the politicians' or the media's word for what the best solution is.

I dont think a wall is the solution either. And id prefer anarcho capitalist system but its not reality. I love rothbard but even he supported Buchanans.

Rand and Justin are solid.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    LMAO , now it's a 'Constitutional thing' with you . ''It's the right thing to do''

Good lord do you deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    LMAO , now it's a 'Constitutional thing' with you . ''It's the right thing to do''

Good lord do you deliver.

It's a constitutional thing with the constitution, too.

I'm not surprised you consider doing something principled to be hilarious, for some reason.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Worth noting, Rand is the deciding vote on this. Kind of puts that unproven and always wrong theory that he only votes for something if he knows it won't count (which there are zero instances of that being the case).

It's a constitutional thing with the constitution, too.

I'm not surprised you consider doing something principled to be hilarious, for some reason.

For how long?

Last edited by kahless; 03-03-2019 at 06:37 PM.

For how long?

You certainly managed to cram a hell of a lot of collectivism in that one little post.

Did you know the more you publicly trash them, the less they'll read our good ideas and learn from them? What am I saying? Of course you do.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ran...ency-at-border

Paul, R-Ky., told a crowd at a dinner at Western Kentucky University on Saturday night that he "can't vote to give extra Constitutional powers to the president."

"I can't vote to give the president the power to spend money that hasn't been appropriated by Congress," Paul said, according to the Bowling Green Daily News. "We may want more money for border security, but Congress didn't authorize it. If we take away those checks and balances, it's a dangerous thing."

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

You don't understand. If we don't violate the constitution, more immigrants might get in, they might vote for Democrats, and Democrats might get more power.

Of course, sooner or later a Democrat will take the White House. And if we set this precedent, that Democrat will have more unconstitutional, dictatorial, Imperial Presidency power.

Might-might versus will-will (but not today).

No, that's not concern for the country. That's a love for strong, tyrannical monarchs. No thank you.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast