Thread: First Seastead in International Waters Now Occupied, Thanks to Bitcoin Wealth

First Seastead in International Waters Now Occupied, Thanks to Bitcoin Wealth

"Two libertarians now have a private home off the coast of Thailand—proof of concept for a world of more competitive governance and greater ocean environmental health."

"Its inhabitants are Chad Elwartowski and Nadia Summergirl. In a chat-window interview before the video premiered on YouTube last night, Elwartowski told me that his "main motivation has been finding true liberty in this lifetime. I have participated in several other projects that promised that but never delivered," including the "​Free State Project, Libertarian Party elections, Ron Paul campaign, other seastead projects."

https://reason.com/blog/2019/03/01/f...ional-waters-n
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Big place- six square meters for a mere $150,000. Not much space for a garden. Guess you have to go that twelve miles to shore for food all the time.

not formally associated with The Seasteading Institute for a variety of reasons,

https://ocean.builders/faq/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-02-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Big place- six square meters for a mere $150,000. Not much space for a garden. Guess you have to go that twelve miles to shore for food all the time.

https://ocean.builders/faq/
    I know, right? How much would it have cost if the government built it?

...And my guess is they'll be eating a lot of seafood.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I know, right? How much would it have cost if the government built it?

...And my guess is they'll be eating a lot of seafood.
    Get pretty tired of just fish all the time. Not much to do there either. I would be so bored. If you have land, you can get a bigger micro house for half the cost of that place. https://tinyliving.com/minim-micro-homes/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-02-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

Get pretty tired of just fish all the time. Not much to do there either. I would be so bored.
    Not arguing there... Personally, I would rather put 150k into a boat.

It would be interesting to turn an oil platform into a resort or hotel... A sea sanctuary with a marina.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Yes, the prototype is certainly small. We built it more to prove the concept than for ultimate luxury.

The next 20 production versions will have much more space and be twice as deep.

If you're in the market for a house and don't care about sovereignty then it's definitely not for you. You can find a bigger house in a nice home owners association with some beautifully manicured lawns and neighbors that watch out for you and everything you do to ensure you comply.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Yes, the prototype is certainly small. We built it more to prove the concept than for ultimate luxury.

If you're in the market for a house and don't care about sovereignty then it's definitely not for you. You can find a bigger house in a nice home owners association with some beautifully manicured lawns and neighbors that watch out for you and everything you do to ensure you comply.
    I think it is just a matter of time before any and all governments claim domain over your paradise Seastead.

Last edited by Elwar; 03-04-2019 at 08:26 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get pretty tired of just fish all the time.
    They will also be growing edible seaweed.

They can also trade fish and seaweed for other types of food.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

A person could buy a nice boat with more space and more flexibility for the same $150,000 and not be tied down to one place.

No issues with sewage or fresh potable water? Gonna suck in the bad windy weather.

Get pretty tired of just fish all the time. Not much to do there either.
    Except they said they were "....going to visit the many islands around us."

I would be so bored.
    I've always maintained that people who cry about boredom are boring. There's million things to do in this world

If you have land, you can get a bigger micro house for half the cost of that place.
    And that the beauty of freedom. The different strokes for folks is not impeded.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-04-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Anybody else notice that ZippyJuan often gives disingenuous or downright dishonest answers on RPF? It's obvious to me that this is a tradeoff lifestyle. The thread, so far, has seen genuine differences of opinion. I'm sure Zip knows that, but he really is not interested in having a genuine conversation. His entire goal in this thread is to be the wet blanket. That is one of his purposes here. Just see my sig line and the word "Deflate."

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post

I think this is a very good point. Pioneers are people who relish the rudimentary. They're not tried & true types.

Imagine if Henry Ford said of his first auto:

This car really sucks!

I get wet in the rain!

A broken windshield would splatter my face!

Ah, the $#@!er won't start again!

If I want girls, then I need an enclosed horse-drawn carriage!

Oh, the hell with it!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-04-2019 at 02:20 PM.

We have our second video out about raising the seastead.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c83TiSJ6sfA

Here's the first in case you missed it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXhgcXA1pM