Thread: Record High U.S. Student Debt in ‘Serious Delinquency’ Tops $166 Billion

Record High U.S. Student Debt in ‘Serious Delinquency’ Tops $166 Billion

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...Hrv03aaUsWssnI

Student-loan delinquencies surged last year, hitting consecutive records of $166.3 billion in the third quarter and $166.4 billion in the fourth.

Bloomberg calculated the dollar amounts from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s quarterly household-debt report, which includes only the total owed and the percentage delinquent at least 90 days or in default.

That percentage has remained around 11 percent since mid-2012, but the total increased to a record $1.46 trillion by December 2018, and unpaid student debt also rose to the highest ever.
    Record high employment doesn't jive with this.

And no, the answer isn't letting people bankrupt it away.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...Hrv03aaUsWssnI

Record high employment doesn't jive with this.

And no, the answer isn't letting people bankrupt it away.
    Its record low unemployment and not record high wages with high employment. .

When you look at auto loan delinquencies you see the same thing.

I wonder what Congress will do when it is realized by many that their 84 month auto loan (which was needed to keep payments low enough for the average worker), is not worth the depreciated cost of their three to five year old vehicle?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Well , it is a BS number anyway to keep it at 12 percent failure rate . It does not include people one month late , two months late or even 11 weeks late . It is really much worse . So , what is the real total by 2020 ?is it 2 Trillion or 3 Trillion ? or more ? . Then , do you really have a 30 percent failure rate of late payments of nearly 500 billion ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-18-2019 at 05:16 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    When you look at auto loan delinquencies you see the same thing.

I wonder what Congress will do when it is realized by many that their 84 month auto loan (which was needed to keep payments low enough for the average worker), is not worth the depreciated cost of their three to five year old vehicle?
    They will create 96 month loan, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will fine them a couple billion for producing cars that don't last as long as the loan. It's a win/win for the government as well as the automakers.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They will create 96 month loan, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will fine them a couple billion for producing cars that don't last as long as the loan. It's a win/win for the government as well as the automakers.
    Don't ask me how but I think if all cars gave off zero emmisions this problem will be solved.

We need a WWII style overhaul. I know it's vague but trust me, you don't ask a fish how it swims, you know?

Next question.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Its record low unemployment and not record high wages with high employment. .
    Very good point.

It's times like these that make me really ponder: what would Che Guevara do, you know?

Probably a documentary, you know, maybe he'd camp outside of the wrong office for change? I think ultimately he'd settle for seizing the means of production and then executing gays but it's just so edgy to think about.

U
    Can't
    Get bl00d
    From a
    Turnip...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For the last 30 something years, banks have loaned 18 year old kids with absolutely no collateral up to a few hundred thousand dollars each for degrees that may earn minimum wage at the most, why are these banks still in business? (Rhetorical question.)