Thread: Trump Fires Back at Ann Coulter Taunts: I Like Her But ‘She’s Off Reservation’

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coulter: The only national emergency is that the president is an idiot.

Women can be so ungrateful sometimes
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump trying to put her in her place since the truth hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Coulter Twitter
    No, the goal of a national emergency is for Trump to scam the stupidest people in his base for 2 more years.

No court will allow a president to claim it's an "emergency" to violate a law he just signed.

There's no coming back from this. No "emergency" or presidential powers will allow him to build the wall, ever, after he signs this bill. Trump has just agreed to fully open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Coulter: The only national emergency is that the president is an idiot.

Women can be so ungrateful sometimes
    Precisely why you should never try to understand them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Trump trying to put her in her place since the truth hurts.

Coulter has millions of followers on twitter, have to admit this can be hurtful. MAGA's credibility already has taken some hits lately.

Ann is literally off the reservation. What does she expect the president to do when congress won't approve the wall, wouldn't approve it even with GOP House? Trump is doing everything he can to secure the border. The spending bill passed with veto proof majorities. Funding the government means the dems get something they want, they control the house.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Ann is literally off the reservation. What does she expect the president to do when congress won't approve the wall, wouldn't approve it even with GOP House? Trump is doing everything he can to secure the border. The spending bill passed with veto proof majorities. Funding the government means the dems get something they want, they control the house.
    I am not sure how they are coming up with two thirds in each chamber to call it veto proof looking at the totals. 300/128 House, needed 320 290 for veto proof. The Senate : 83/16. So they had it in the Senate, not both.

If it is veto proof he could still veto it and then it would go back to Congress. Then they could override his veto but that would then expose Republicans voting for it which would be political suicide. So if it went back Republicans may fall inline and change their vote. It is just what they needed to get inline unless the President is part of the scam.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-15-2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: bad math

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down Amnesty Don

Last edited by RonZeplin; 02-15-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Trying to see things from Coulter's perspective, here's what Trump could have done. He could have agreed to sign an omnibus that didn't include any wall funding, but that also didn't spend so extravagantly and give away so much ground to progressives, including provisions that undermine her desired immigration restriction, and then turn around and still declare this emergency and reallocate money for the wall, as he's ending up doing anyway after signing that ridiculous omnibus.

I am not sure how they are coming up with two thirds in each chamber to call it veto proof looking at the totals. 300/128 House, needed 328 for veto proof. The Senate : 83/16. So they had it in the Senate, not both.
    Congress can override a veto by passing the act by a two-thirds vote in both the House and the Senate. Two-thirds of the house is like 290. So they did have it in the house too.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Congress can override a veto by passing the act by a two-thirds vote in both the House and the Senate. Two-thirds of the house is like 290. So they did have it in the house too.
    You're right about 290. But just because a representative votes for a bill doesn't mean they would also vote to override a veto of the same bill, especially in the case of a lot of the Republicans who voted for it. Most likely, many of them voted for it because Trump supported it, and wouldn't have if he didn't.

Looks like I miscalculated with 3/4 instead of 2/3. So they did have both but still why not veto it anyway and expose politicians. They would have to re-vote to override, no? That would give time to change the votes.

Regardless he should have declared an emergency, not sign it and let them override it. By playing along he risks his emergency declaration becoming legally invalid.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-15-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Coulter is over the top rude, I don't take her literally or seriously
    and don't think others do either, I don't think she buys all
    of what she says about #45 , I think part of it is a ratings
    thing, and part of it is to prod Trump into taking action,
    keeping 'more' of those promises.

1) She is right to a point on in some areas, just has a horrible delivery,
    coupled with excessive hyperbole.
    2) She is holding Trump's feet to the fire, promises.......

My hope which is rapidly dimming , is that he 'thought' he
    could deliver on some of the important promises;

-Hillary Prison*,
    -IRS trimmed back, greatly simplified,
    -911 'thruthd' ,
    -DEATH OF OBAMA CARE,
    -Stop our endless wars.

Trump also didn't let on that he would be boot licking Israel 24/7 and
    would completely ignore their war crimes and thievery.

We were going to put everyone to work that wants work,
    lately we find out that he has decided that importing millions of 3rd
    world, anti western-culture workers is going to help.......,:facepalm:

I still view Trump as the best since Jack Kennedy but the swamp
    keeps expanding , wider and deeper, and that 'best' margin is shrinking.

* Had Trump been sincere about; Hillary Prison, we would never have had
    to sit through two years of the hideous , abusive-of-power, agenda whore Mueller.
    Comey also should be in jail along with about a dozen or so others, this is not happening,
    and of course we all know , it is not going to happen.
    I knew better instinctively , yet I got caught up in believing In Trump 100%/
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 02-15-2019 at 03:03 PM.

The implication, of course, is that Trump is saying that he is on the reservation.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Have times changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald J Trump via Twitter
    .@AnnCoulter's new book-- "Adios, America! The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World Hellhole"-- is a great read. Good job!
    5:20 PM - 26 May 2015

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like I miscalculated with 3/4 instead of 2/3. So they did have both but still why not veto it anyway and expose politicians. They would have to re-vote to override, no? That would give time to change the votes.

Regardless he should have declared an emergency, not sign it and let them override it. By playing along he risks his emergency declaration becoming legally invalid.
    I think it is too easy for people on the outside to say just veto it but it won't accomplish anything and is a waste of time, where as the political risk of another shutdown could be very damaging. This battle is over, he got a few things he wanted out of it, time to move on to the next battle for the national emergency declaration.

Have times changed.

No. Trump is unprincipled and Coulter makes her money by screeching louder than anyone else. It's purely business.
    Last edited by TheCount; 02-15-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.