Thread: Woman Finds $4,000 Inside Used Book, Tracks Down Owner and Returns it

Woman Finds $4,000 Inside Used Book, Tracks Down Owner and Returns it

Take a guess:

What "Genetic Culture" was this woman? @idiom ? Any wild guesses?

Take a sneak peek, guys, into what a high-trust society looks like. Used to look like.

Fox News:

A full-time book sale volunteer who discovered stacks of hundred dollars bills alongside a family letter tucked into an old novel immediately tracked down the owner so she could return the large sum of money.

Cathy McAllister, a retired teacher and lifelong book lover, has been giving her time to the Volunteer Nonprofit Service Association (VNSA) in Phoenix, Ariz. leafing through thousands and thousands of donated books since 2012. So she had to do a double-take and was left “speechless” when she found $4,000 worth of cash in a book she described as “a little tattered around the edges” and “not a big seller.”

She held an old copy of “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire,” one that she normally would’ve discarded to be repurposed instead of sold, but she said she wanted to justify her guilt of throwing out the classic by leafing through it just in case it had smokey or smelly pages.

“I don’t know what that was, I was literally throwing it in the discards,” she said. “It was just a feeling.”
    She told the local Fox affiliate, FOX 10, she didn’t think it was real at first.

“I had the book in my hands,” McAllister said. “I was ready to toss it, because we had several copies already…but when I fanned that book out, there’s a big hole carved out in the book amongst the pages, and I look down in there and I thought, ‘It’s monopoly money. Oh how fun,’ but it’s not monopoly money. It was all banded as it comes from the bank. It was four packages of $100 bills.”

But she also discovered a family letter that said to whom the money belonged. That was how she located the family within 10 minutes of opening the hidden treasure.

This is what we're working hard to bring back.
    With Blood and Fire
    We Shall Have Our Country.
    Again.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a good samaritan.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This story is a great of fresh air.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This story is a great of fresh air.
    See, I'll bet you're glad "ignore" doesn't work to block new threads, huh?

Last edited by H_H; 02-14-2019 at 09:14 AM.

This story restores my faith in humanity.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

While we're at it, lets also give her a key to the city as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This story restores my faith in humanity.
    From now on, I think I am only going to post uplifting stories here. At this point we have enough black pills stockpiled to last a lifetime. Of course, I will also put my characteristic hateful Traditionalist spin on all of them, if at all possible. ;^)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    From now on, I think I am only going to post uplifting stories here. At this point we have enough black pills stockpiled to last a lifetime. Of course, I will also put my characteristic hateful Traditionalist spin on all of them, if at all possible. ;^)
    I started a thread here: Random Acts of Kindness

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Take a guess:

What "Genetic Culture" was this woman? @idiom ? Any wild guesses?
    Someone like Ilhan?
    I know guess is bit too wild, just watched her crazy extremist congressional video yesterday.

Take a sneak peek, guys, into what a high-trust society looks like. Used to look like.

This is what we're working hard to bring back.
    With Blood and Fire
    We Shall Have Our Country.
    Again.

This should align with MATA (Make America Trustworthy Again).

Part of credit for this great smaritan act could go to Trump for setting a great example of national inspiration with honesty and high trust leadership at the top. It may take a while for such qualities to work their way down among the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Someone like Ilhan?
    There's a niche for everyone. And everyone in her niche.

P.S.: fixed your link.
    Last edited by H_H; 02-14-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    What a good samaritan.
    Samaria beer is pretty good too .
    Do something Danke

Someone better be more careful with their SHTF stash. Gold/Silver are better, I agree.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

‘It’s monopoly money. Oh how fun,’ but it’s not monopoly money.
    But it is.