Thread: Trump condemns attacks on media after BBC incident

Trump condemns attacks on media after BBC incident

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47218625

Donald Trump has condemned attacks on the media after an incident involving a BBC cameraman at the US president's rally in Texas on Monday.

A White House statement did not refer to the specific incident.

It said the president "condemns all acts of violence against any individual or group of people - including members of the press".

The BBC's Ron Skeans was shoved and sworn at by a man in a Make America Great Again cap in El Paso.

The BBC later asked the White House to review security for media attending President Trump's rallies.

In a letter, the BBC said the press area was unsupervised, and no security had tried to intervene during the incident.

The White House statement, from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, added: "We ask that anyone attending an event do so in a peaceful and respectful manner."

Mr Trump has been critical of media, which he has called the enemy of the people.

After Monday's incident, Mr Trump's campaign team thanked law enforcement for ejecting the unidentified man.

"An individual involved in a physical altercation with a news cameraman was removed from last night's rally," said Michael Glassner, the chief operating officer for Trump for President Inc.

"We appreciate the swift action from venue security and law enforcement officers."

Mr Skeans said the man almost knocked him and his camera over twice before he was wrestled away by a blogger.

President Trump saw the attack, checked they were well with a thumbs up and continued his speech after Mr Skeans returned the gesture.

BBC Washington producer Eleanor Montague and Washington correspondent Gary O'Donoghue were sitting in front of the camera.

Ms Montague said the protester had attacked other news crews but Mr Skeans "got the brunt of it".

What did the BBC letter say?
    In the letter to Ms Sanders, the BBC's Americas Bureaux Editor Paul Danahar asked for a review of security arrangements for members of the press attending the president's rallies.

Mr Danahar pointed out "that access into the media area last night was unsupervised and that no member of law enforcement or security stopped the attacker entering, intervened when he began his attack or followed up on the incident with our colleagues afterwards".

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/12/182216...-rally-el-paso

Trump’s speech on Monday was his first at a rally in 2019. He set the tone by attacking the media just seconds into it, saying, “Look at all the press back there, can you believe that? This is like the Academy Awards used to be. They’ve gone down a long way since they started hitting us a little bit, right? That was a long fall, but there they are.”

The crowd responded with loud boos.

About 10 minutes after Skeans was attacked, Trump laid into the media again while deflecting from the notion that his campaign colluded with Russia.

“There’s also collusion between the Democrats and the fake news, right here,” he said, prompting more “CNN sucks!” chants.

As was the case both during his presidential campaign and the recent midterm cycle, attacking the media was one of Trump’s central themes on Monday night. At one point, he called fact-checkers “some of the most dishonest people in media.” He also mockingly mimicked reporters who try to cover him.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After all the lies and bull$#@! spewed by the government media organs and all the damage they have done, forgive me for not shedding a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    ejecting the unidentified man
    https://twitter.com/UKIPMEMBERWALES/...99774845038592

At Trump’s El Paso rally, the man who rushed the press box, pushed over reporters, and knocked over cameras will walk free with no charges because nobody in the media wanted to file a complaint. Since when did the media become so magnanimous with respect to Conservative Trump supporters? Leftist plant, with full media complicity, confirmed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

When will zippy condemn false flags?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Judgement day, the same day he will renounce the Fed.

Romans 14:11

“For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

King James Version (KJV)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    https://twitter.com/UKIPMEMBERWALES/...99774845038592

Hmm. Still no ID on this unknown assailant?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In a letter, the BBC said the press area was unsupervised, and no security had tried to intervene during the incident.
    Bullsh!t. Other stories report that event security removed him, and it’s clear from the video that someone grabbed him almost immediately.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm confused am I supposed to feel bad about this?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Just another one of Zippy's threads.

[Edit: False] Video of US teens taunting Native American draws fire

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.