Thread: Trump installs state-of-the-art golf simulator in the White House

Trump installs state-of-the-art golf simulator in the White House

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-house-n971176

President Donald Trump has had a room-size golf simulator installed in the White House, several sources confirmed to NBC News. It cost $50,000, according to The Washington Post, which cited two people who told the paper about the system.

The installation of state-of-the-art simulator — which allows the president to play virtual rounds of golf — was first reported by the Post.

The simulator allows players to hit a ball at a large video screen, which has images from courses around the world.

"The president replaced the old system that was there," a White House official said. "He paid for the new one, including installation, personally. He has not used it since it’s been installed."

A source confirmed to NBC News that President Barack Obama had an older, less sophisticated golf simulator.

Other details about the simulator were not available, but the Post noted that three of Trump's 16 golf courses have simulators made by the Danish company TrackMan Golf, and the system costs $49,995. The simulators offer "hyper-realistic 3D courses mirroring the feeling of being on the real courses," the company's website boasts.

The White House already has an outdoor putting green, which was installed in 1954 by President Dwight Eisenhower. It has other amusements as well, including a movie theater, basketball court and a one-lane bowling alley.

Trump, a regular golfer who complained repeatedly on Twitter about Barack Obama going golfing when he was president, has visited his own golf properties 168 times since taking office, an NBC News analysis found. It's unclear whether he's actually golfed during every visit — the White House generally refuses to acknowledge when he's hitting the links.

That likely has to do with his former habit of teeing off on his predecessor during the 2016 campaign. "I'm going to be working for you," Trump told his supporters at one rally. "I'm not going to have time to go play golf."

Trump was forced to keep off the greens during the 35-day government shutdown, but went back out with Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods at his Florida golf course this month.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is going to bankrupt America with that contraption.
    -
    Obama only spent 75 trillion on vacations and another
    37 trillion dressing up Michael as a woman.

Slow news day for ya, eh Zippy?

He paid for the new one, including installation, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Slow news day for ya, eh Zippy?
    No charts....grrrr

He wishes that he were playing golf in Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I would if I had the money to blow, annd I don't even play golf. Sounds like fun.
    "The Patriarch"

Perhaps Rand is "bringing the heat" and more practice time is needed?

Obama played a lot of golf.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is it with presidents and their obsession with golf? Have we ever had a president in recent history that didn't play golf?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    What is it with presidents and their obsession with golf? Have we ever had a president in recent history that didn't play golf?
    Rumors are , since Mkcinley , other than Teddy & Hoover , only Carter and Truman were not golfers .
    Do something Danke

i guess if he pd for it and has not used it that it is a for staff use .
    Do something Danke

meh

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

More Zippy fake news...

A - O-bomb-ya was the first to install a simulator.

B - Trump just upgraded the older system.

C - He paid for it with his own money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    More Zippy fake news...

A - O-bomb-ya was the first to install a simulator.

B - Trump just upgraded the older system.

C - He paid for it with his own money.
    Oddly enough, I didn't see Zippy post anything about the golf simulator when Obama installed it. But I also had to look really hard to find the msm media reporting it as well.

But as long as Zippy gets the inflammatory title in perpetuity, all these facts won't change the narrative because most people won't cick through.

He's a leftist troll

Zippy was lazy AF on this rubbish. It’s almost like Juan didn’t even read it prior.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    He wishes that he were playing golf in Dubai.

Tiger Woods:

Trump has phenomenal form. Shoulders, hips, knees, feet, hands, head... all in the same position as the master.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-14-2019 at 11:05 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.